Position: CB

High School:
Bolingbrook

Graduation Year: 2019

Height: 5-foot-10

Weight: 180 pounds

Video Link:

My impressions of Cam Mitchell:
Honestly it feels like I've been watching Cam Mitchell for like 6 years now. While that's a bit of a reach on my part let's just say that I've watched Cam Mitchell for the past few years at numerous camps/showcases and 7on7's. I've also watched Cam live twice over the past two seasons. Mitchell is a very strong student in the classroom and also plays for Boom Midwest in 7on7. Mitchell was also an all conference and all area player for Bolingbrook in 2017.

Evaluation of Cam Mitchell:
Mitchell is a terrific looking cornerback who has an abundance of skills and abilities that will transfer well at the high Power 5/FBS level in college. Mitchell has good size at 5-foot-10, 180 pounds and has added a bit more size and strength since I saw him live in 2017. Mitchell has very good speed and quickness, has impressive quickness and a fluid change of direction along with good overall body control which includes being able to naturally flip his hips. Mitchell also can play man as well as play zone coverage equally as well. Mitchell can and will play very physical both in man coverage along with defending the run. Mitchell also shows good ball skills and is able to locate the football and change directions and track the football pretty naturally.

Questions or possible room for improvement for Cam Mitchell? Mitchell is pretty much physically a what you see is what you get type of recruit, so don't expect him to grow say another 2-3 inches or add another 15-20 pounds at the college level. Mitchell will need to continue to work on and sharpen his fundamentals including improving his open field tackling plus adding a bit more strength for the college level.

Projected level: Mitchell has been a well known name on the recruiting trail for well over a year so he's already been pretty highly evaluated via college programs and is holding some early offers.

Ranking? Rivals.com has Mitchell as a mid 3 star kid and for now I agree with that early eval. Mitchell I feel will wind up playing at the mid Big Ten level in college. I'm more than a little surprised that Mitchell doesn't have as many offers at this (still) early stage of his process...but again I feel the offers will eventually roll in starting this spring. Mitchell for me is a very high level athlete and player who will most likely end up playing for one of the better academic schools (NW/Duke/Stanford/Vandy etc) and who has the potential to become a longer term starter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT