Position: ATH/QB

High School:
Simeon

Graduation Year: 2019

Height: 5-foot-10

Weight: 170 pounds

Video Link

My impressions of Alante Brown:
I've seen Alante Brown play live once in 2017, twice in 2016 along with taking part in my Underclassmen Showcase back in mid January of this year. Brown has played quarterback, receiver and some defensive back for the Wolverines over the past few seasons. Brown is also a terrific kid, great personality and is also a part of the HeroH 7on7 and development program run by former Morgan Park/Illinois WR Chris James.

Evaluation of Alante Brown: Brown reminds me quite a bit in several ways to 2018 Simeon and Cincinnati pledge Jayshon Jackson. Brown has the same type of speed/wiggle and flat out athleticism and quick twitch you look for in a high level athlete. Brown shows terrific vision, speed and change of direction when running the football out of the spread for Simeon. Brown also has a good arm with above average arm strength and accuracy. Brown is also an intelligent player who shows very good instincts, has way above vision and seems to be able to read his blocks exceptionally well. I also love the fact that Brown can and will take on all comers, doesn't shy away from physical contact and isn't shy about also punishing opposing defenders when it's warranted.

Questions or possible room for improvement for Alante Brown? Brown's over size/frame and build is really the only main issue for college coaches. Brown will need to add more weight/size for the college level. Position? Brown I feel will be recruited and offered as more of an "athlete" type for now but I feel Brown physically is best suited as more of slotback type.

Projected level: Brown, who at this writing already has a handful of MAC offers will no question be playing at the D1 level in college. Brown will have a chance to play I feel at the lower to mid Big 10 level schools but will most likely need to camp with teams or show his receiver skills and tools either this spring or summer before those offers follow.

Ranking? I just see a lot to like when it comes to Alante Brown. Brown possesses a ton of speed/quickness and overall athletic skills to play at the mid D1 level in college. I'm ranking Brown to start as a mid three star name with a chance to move that ranking to say the higher 3 star range with a strong winter/spring/summer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT