ADVERTISEMENT

Eureka!

mchsalumni

Gold Member
Sep 24, 2008
Other than Ronald Reagan graduating from college there with @MC63 in 1932, I've got nothing.

Any of my Central Illinois Gang have any intel? Curious what's in store for the Broncos tomorrow night.

Reactions: pjjp
The Broncos will be fine. Will be a very lopsided game and will probably be over before the end of the 1st.

The Hornets are a solid team, are the biggest in their conference, fairly athletic, and have some speed but not even close to the level of Montini.

Reactions: Gestalt45
Other than Ronald Reagan graduating from college there with @MC63 in 1932, I've got nothing.

Any of my Central Illinois Gang have any intel? Curious what's in store for the Broncos tomorrow night.
Wilmo played them a few years ago. Eureka ran shotgun spread stuff. Not sure about now to be honest.

They are a 3A team that plays in a 1A/2A league that is pretty good for that level, but probably not so great for 3A.
Given the level of competition that Montini has faced, I’d expect the Broncos to win without much issue.

The Broncos will be fine. Will be a very lopsided game and will probably be over before the end of the 1st.

The Hornets are a solid team, are the biggest in their conference, fairly athletic, and have some speed but not even close to the level of Montini.
People like you go off names and reputation...if you take time to watch film on both teams then you will see there is no way its lopsided....people gotta stop letting the name of the team dictate their prediction

Reactions: Gestalt45
People like you go off names and reputation...if you take time to watch film on both teams then you will see there is no way its lopsided....people gotta stop letting the name of the team dictate their prediction
It's not just the names, it's also the conference they play in and the level of competition they face. The smallest school Montini faced was twice the size of Eureka. Eureka was bigger than every school they faced with the exception of Clinton.

2023] Montini Catholic (Lombard, IL) 42 (93%), [2023] Eureka (IL) 19 (7%)

Let's go off logic then. Running clock second half Montini.

Reactions: colin2229
Not quite. I have seen them play twice this year and I was not impressed either time I saw them. They have a decent QB, he's fairly small but has a few WRs who he can get the ball to. They are 60/40 run pass but when the game is close it's more 50/50. The RB is probably the best player, ran for over 1,000 yards, and was one of the better backs if not the best in the conference.

Only losses are to 4 Playoff teams (GCMS, Shelbyville, Tri Valley, and EPG) and won pretty easily as they should, they were all weak 1A opponents with the exception of Dee Mack.

To be honest, yes I have never seen Montini play but there is no way that Eureka wins a game or even keeps game close with that schedule.

This game was over as soon as the pairing was announced. Eureka has been a bottom dweller for decades and to my knowledge has never beaten a private school.

It's not just the names, it's also the conference they play in and the level of competition they face. The smallest school Montini faced was twice the size of Eureka. Eureka was bigger than every school they faced with the exception of Clinton.

2023] Montini Catholic (Lombard, IL) 42 (93%), [2023] Eureka (IL) 19

I cant wait to come back to this thread tomorrow😂😂
Yeah he won't show 🤣

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT