ADVERTISEMENT

Donuts discussion

lookoutforliam

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2003
Chicago
Edge. I’ve been a fan since I can’t remember. Thank you for providing the space, the board to talk, to vent, to spew. You’ve done more than you know. You’ve made my bad days good, my difficult times better, my hardest days awesome. Thank you. I’ve been here since my little brother was at LA (think Prospect LA playoffs) I’ve been privileged to meet you (though you probably have no idea who I am). Your medium gives me a place to find others who are like minded. For those who are high school football freaks. Who love the game, the passion. I know so many people who say “did you see what happened on Edgy?” Did you see that “on Edgy”? It’s like our lives are interlinked. Sounds crazy (and yes, I’m a paying member) but this is the site. This is where people go to banter. This is where people go to talk high school football. There is no other site. Suntimes? Trib? Nothing. They suck. I hope you reconsider closing this site. I’d be happy to help in any way I can. Thank you Tim. You are a godsend to IL HS football.

Last edited:
Ok there was another thread asking what we would miss if this board gets shut down. Now that thread is gone. What in the world happened to that thread to make it disappear?

O
Because sadly some people continue to take a simple thread and turn it into a political statement so off it goes.
It just figures. That was a good thread too. I have talked politics here in the past. But, I am at the point now that I am so sick of it being EVERYWHERE in our lives. So, I am now a recovering political debater. Hopefully that person, or persons got canned. Just a suggestion, but, from now on ZERO tolerance. Talk politics? GONE! Me included as well if I fall off the political wagon. I'll take the hit because I will have deserved it. One warning going in then, ZAP!

This is why we can't have nice things.

I mean FFS why can't these mooks just stick to high school football? It's a simple premise. Rest assured none of us give a single frick about your respective politics. Nor do we care if you pay taxes.

We want to talk Dergo, Maine South and multipliers. That's it.

I mean FFS why can't these mooks just stick to high school football? It's a simple premise. Rest assured none of us give a single frick about your respective politics. Nor do we care if you pay taxes.

And food/drink.

Who is this Dergo?

What kind? donuts, not people.
Gurnee Donuts make these special Phillipino donuts that are just silly good. They are purple- don’t know if that’s by choice. I would start there. The cake donuts frosted with crushed Oreos are a must.

Reactions: epicbret
Gurnee Donuts make these special Phillipino donuts that are just silly good. They are purple- don’t know if that’s by choice. I would start there. The cake donuts frosted with crushed Oreos are a must.
The crushed oreo cake donut is trendy right now, Next time I'm near Warren, home of Six Flags, I'll check it out.

Reactions: LakeCtyNewt
Some people just cannot stop themselves and care only about their own opinion rather than the good of everyone else.
To me, a comment like this is what sets off the folks. I think it's close to borderline if we are going to the zero tolerance route..

And yes, donuts are wonderful..

my heartfelt comments were flushed with that old thread. That being said, if you head out West, Harners in North Aurora and Little Sisters in Downtown Oswego.
Harners is good in North Aurora. They have a coffee cake that is a tradition every Christmas morning at our house.

Dimples Donuts in Batavia. Fresh daily donuts that have to be eaten that day or morning. Won’t be good the next morning if there are leftovers, because of the fresh ingredients they use. Once they are out of donuts for the day, they close their doors.

New BBQ joint in Batavia, Doc Watson’s Smokehouse. They have a place in Romeoville too. Saturday special is prime rib….

Last edited:
It has been at least two years since I ate a donut. Maybe longer. The last one I remember was at Home Cut Donuts on Jefferson Street in Joliet. Sat down with a cup of coffee. Kind of a classic style place with a counter that is square. They have another location on the east side on Washington St. Been decades since I have been to that one. I understand The Donut Shop here in Lockport is pretty good, although I haven't tried those.

Reactions: Gene K. and USD24
It has been at least two years since I ate a donut. Maybe longer. The last one I remember was at Home Cut Donuts on Jefferson Street in Joliet. Sat down with a cup of coffee. Kind of a classic style place with a counter that is square. They have another location on the east side on Washington St. Been decades since I have been to that one. I understand The Donut Shop here in Lockport is pretty good, although I haven't tried those.
Well what the heck are you waiting on? Go get a high quality 🍩

• Haha
Reactions: Gene K.
Perfect time for this discussion. I heard this morning on the radio that today is National Doughnut Day. Which got my thinking. Who actually spells is out Doughnut and not Donut.

Perfect time for this discussion. I heard this morning on the radio that today is National Doughnut Day. Which got my thinking. Who actually spells is out Doughnut and not Donut.

Donut, like Kleenex, got appropriated by the masses. Interesting when this happens.

I love donuts or doughnuts. They don't love me.

Home Cut is classic. I used to walk there from the old Catholic High when I was in high school. I still go there and pick up donuts for my kids on some Sunday's. Great old time feel!

Last edited:
Donuts Eating GIF - Donuts Eating Lunch GIFs

This place is prett
This place is pretty awesome.

Unpopular opinion: I will never go to Spunky Dunkers - about a 17-year boycott going on there over a three-dollar upcharge for using a debit card. But I heard they were good too.

y awesome.

Unpopular opinion: I will never go to Spunky Dunkers - about a 17-year boycott going on there over a three-dollar Y
You're right on about Heart of Europe Cafe. Awesome.
Time to put the feud against Spunky Dunkers aside. Their German Chocolate Donut is awesome.
Country Donuts in CL, Apple Cider Donuts in the fall? You cannot eat just one.

Outside the state at kid's schools. Sweetwater's in Kalamazoo, home of WMU. Sweetwater Donut MIll.
Bill's Donuts near Dayton, open 24 hours, warm donuts. and Apple Fritters.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
I can normally take-or-leave donuts, but the apple fritter at Frosted Donuts (a few doors south of Jet's Pizza at 171st & 88th Ave in Tinley Park) is a winner. Not cheap, but feeds 2 easily and they can sell out, so don't go too late. If sold out, see if some with pecans are left and just pick them off?

Stan's Donuts are worth a trip. Locations are concentrated in the city, with outposts in Orland, Tinley, and Schaumburg. Their standard donuts are okay, but the pocket donuts, stuffed with things like banana & nutella or blueberry cream cheese, are a taste sensation.

Reactions: McCaravan
It’s hard to beat “Risen Roll” in Schererville, IN.
They are an Amish Bakery that has a huge assortment of donuts that are to die for. The Bismarck is definitely a fan favorite.

Reactions: mullin17
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT