ADVERTISEMENT

ATTENTION! gofan Ticketing Procedures Possibly In Place and Coming Soon !

MIKEFTB

Jul 7, 2001
Bolingbrook IL
This was due to start during the quarter-finals, but I received a message today from the Athletic Department of the school I will be going to see that tickets for this game Saturday MUST BE PURCHASED VIA THE GOFAN SITE...NO TICKET SALES AT THE GATE! I purchased my ticket for Saturday night. That game is listed on the gofan site.

I plan on going to see the Friday night game between Glenbard East @ Addison Trail and that game is not listed on the gofan site so I would assume there will be sales at the gate.

I am going to the Oswego Class 4A volleyball Sectional Semi-Final matches tonight which required ticket purchase through gofan which I did so I'm going to see just how this works when you get there. I'm also going to talk to the Oswego AD who I am familiar with and ask him what the policy is going forward as to gofan ticketing. some schools are using this for their standard ticketing procedures during regular season games Ir will be in effect once football gets to the quarterfinals i after these games.

I now Benet Academy was using it at home games

If anyone anything else about this please feel free to share this information and be aware that that may be the only place you'll be able to access tickets.

Thank you

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
GoFan is the vendor of choice for IHSA post season. The verbiage I've read in the post season manuals has said IF you do online ticketing, it must be GoFan. I hadn't read where cash sales were prohibited unless a school wanted to go that route. Everything I previously read was from last year, so things might have changed for this year.

Found this year's manual: https://www.ihsa.org/documents/fb/2023-24/school-manual.pdf

Admission Fees: The following Playoff ticket prices have been set by the IHSA Board of Directors. The Local Manager is responsible for the printing of tickets for the game(s) their school hosts when applicable. 

First Round and Second Round game ticketing will be determined by the host school. If GoFan digital ticketing is used for First Round or Second Round Games, any available cash tickets will be available for $1 more than the digital ticket.

Tickets for the Quarterfinal and Semifinal games will be digital tickets sold via the GoFan app or at www.GoFan.co. Any available cash tickets will be available for $1 more than the digital ticket.

A baby in arms is free at all rounds of the playoffs. Pricing for all other individuals is as follows:

First Round Cash Only: $5
First Round with eTickets: $5/online, $6/cash

Sound Round Cash Only: $6
Second Round with eTickets: $6/online, $7/cash

Quartefinal: $7/online, $8/cash

Semifinal: $8/online, $9/cash

State Final: $15.00

Found this year's manual: https://www.ihsa.org/documents/fb/2023-24/school-manual.pdf

Admission Fees: The following Playoff ticket prices have been set by the IHSA Board of Directors. The Local Manager is responsible for the printing of tickets for the game(s) their school hosts when applicable. 

First Round and Second Round game ticketing will be determined by the host school. If GoFan digital ticketing is used for First Round or Second Round Games, any available cash tickets will be available for $1 more than the digital ticket.

Tickets for the Quarterfinal and Semifinal games will be digital tickets sold via the GoFan app or at www.GoFan.co. Any available cash tickets will be available for $1 more than the digital ticket.

A baby in arms is free at all rounds of the playoffs. Pricing for all other individuals is as follows:

First Round Cash Only: $5
First Round with eTickets: $5/online, $6/cash

Sound Round Cash Only: $6
Second Round with eTickets: $6/online, $7/cash

Quartefinal: $7/online, $8/cash

Semifinal: $8/online, $9/cash

State Final: $15.00
Ok..well that answers some questions! Thank you .Not sure why the message I received stated that there would be no ticket sales at the gate this week..always confusion...

Ok..well answers sone questions! Thank you .Not sure why the message I received stated that there would be no ticket sales at the gate this week..always confusion...
The school might opt to not accept cash and go online only. That's their prerogative, but I think you perhaps miss out on some sales as some people just don't want to do online purchases.

Reactions: MIKEFTB
The school might opt to not accept cash and go online only. That's their prerogative, but I think you perhaps miss out on some sales as some people just don't want to do online purchases.
I totally agree. I just don't see a lot of 1A schools down state for example using gofan for ticket purchasing.

I totally agree. I just don't see a lot of 1A schools down state for example using gofan for ticket purchasing.
GoFan adds like $1.30/ticket in fees, which on a $5 or $6 ticket is a pretty steep service charge.

At LW West Friday, in addition to GOFAN only on a mobile device (no print ticket option) the gates were able to quickly process a credit/debit card admission without any fee upcharge. No cash accepted, even exact "change."

All... GoFan was the only option in the SHG/TFN first round game. It worked out fine. Areas with cell phone tower reception problems aren't very common that can create issues bringing up the ticket. Ratsy

IHSA is paid by GoFan to be the IL ticketing company. It's not a very good platform. The IHSA loves the online ticketing. No one can cheat them on their cut.

Ya but what they fail to tell you is that there’s a 1.25 service fee attached to the internet price. So it’s still above the cash price if I’m understanding this correct. My 78yr old dad wanted to go to a game this weekend and didn’t because someone told him it was online only and he refused to buy something online. mostly because he doesnt know how or have the access to do so himself. This state is so back asswards. Most places charge less for cash!!🤦‍♂
I’m in my late 40s and won’t buy a ticket online if that’s the only option. It’s my opinion but if they’re cards or internet only I’m not doing it. And this for me is not HS football only it’s all things in general.

Last edited:
Ok .lots of great responses to this subject. I got my ticket for the football game on gofan and it was a simple $6 charge with no fees. no I don't know if that's going to change once the quarter finals get here. The AD I talked to last night told me that for now most schools will be optional that you can either get the ticket from gofan or at the gate and it will be slightly higher but he added that some schools can choose to go strictly with gofan ticket purchasing only. That's when it's gonna get interesting.

Went to watch the volleyball sectional semifinals at Oswego last night and had purchased ticketing a gofan so basically at the gate you pull up the displayed ticket on your smart phone and sekect use ticket and it will switch to a validation screen and the person at the gate will tap the screen with a stylus to validate the ticket and in your go. you'll still have a display of the validated ticket in case you need to go out of the gym to, for instance, concessions or washroom facilities and then return.

The AD said that there probably will be a lot of schools eventually going to this system for all events solely and eliminating cash ticket purchases at the gates. I think it"s gonna be an issue with a lot of people but we'll see

Ya but what they fail to tell you is that there’s a 1.25 service fee attached to the internet price. So it’s still above the cash price if I’m understanding this correct. My 78yr old dad wanted to go to a game this weekend and didn’t because someone told him it was online only and he refused to buy something online. mostly because he doesnt know how or have the access to do so himself. This state is so back asswards. Most places charge less for cash!!🤦‍♂
I’m in my late 40s and won’t buy a ticket online if that’s the only option. It’s my opinion but if they’re cards or internet only I’m not doing it. And this for me is not HS football only it’s all things in general.
FWIW, it's not just an Illinois thing. Almost every out of state venue where I have attended a sporting event in the last few years has been card only and it is only going to become more prevalent.

So you only use cash, no matter where you are or what you're buying?

Not to be an ass, but your are quickly going to run out of things to do. Cash is a dying commodity.

Reactions: rjjtwest and USD24
FWIW, it's not just an Illinois thing. Almost every out of state venue where I have attended a sporting event in the last few years has been card only and it is only going to become more prevalent.

So you only use cash, no matter where you are or what you're buying?
I think you are correct with the future prognosis.

And there are still a few people out there without $1,200 smart phones

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT