ADVERTISEMENT

Bears

You're the only one who wants a dominant linebacker? I'm going to go out on a limb and say I want a dominant QB, RB, TE, LT, LG, C, RG, RT, WR, DT, DE, LB, CB, S, K, P, and Nickel. Next year?

Ha! I just want the dominant LB because that's what the Bears history is known for.

All right, we'll see what happens when they actually take the field. Sure hope QB Jesus lives up to expectations or the calls to tank for Arch Manning will start in a few years.

• Haha
Reactions: LTHSALUM76
Ha! I just want the dominant LB because that's what the Bears history is known for.
Do you know the Bears history? Do you remember how shitty they were during the careers of Gale Sayers and Dick Butkus? I do. You need more than a dominant LB.

I am a wait and see kind of guy. Always have been. Cade McNown was supposed to be the guy. He wasn't. Cutler was supposed to be the guy. He wasn't. Trubisky was supposed to be the guy. He wasn't. Fields was supposed to be the guy. He wasn't. Before some of you get sloppy and shoot your wads, let's let this play out and see how it goes. This happens every time the Bears draft a QB. SMH. And I know. Cutler wasn't drafted by the Bears. But they paid a ton of $$ to acquire him.

Reactions: 4Afan
Could have been..

QB

Justin Fields

WR

DJ Moore
Marvin Harrison Jr
Keenan Allen
Rome Odunze

RB

Swift
K Herbert
Roschon Johnson

TE

Cole Kmet
Shelton

Could have been..

QB

Justin Fields

WR

DJ Moore
Marvin Harrison Jr
Keenan Allen
Rome Odunze

RB

Swift
K Herbert
Roschon Johnson

TE

Cole Kmet
Shelton
I like the theme. I would have grabbed either Latham or Alt # 1 and still have Odunze at #9. Yep, I would have taken a OL first. Even in the era of QB's , it's still about the trenches. See how it all plays out

Reactions: Wassup13
I like the theme. I would have grabbed either Latham or Alt # 1 and still have Odunze at #9. Yep, I would have taken a OL first. Even in the era of QB's , it's still about the trenches. See how it all plays out

I can't argue with that. I'm a linemen first type of guy too.

Could have been..

QB

Justin Fields

WR

DJ Moore
Marvin Harrison Jr
Keenan Allen
Rome Odunze

RB

Swift
K Herbert
Roschon Johnson

TE

Cole Kmet
Shelton
0% chance they would have taken 2 WRs. If they kept Fields the most likely scenario would have been trading #1 to the highest bidder that wanted Williams.

'The Athletic' gave the Bears the only A+ pick in the draft for Odunze. They got an A for Williams, as did the Vikings for McCarthy.

'The Athletic' gave the Bears the only A+ pick in the draft for Odunze. They got an A for Williams, as did the Vikings for McCarthy.

Does the Athletic keep grades from previous years picks by the Bears?

I would like to look up a few.

Because draft grades are the stupidest thing out there, no one knows how good a pick is until 2-3 years down the road.
Bingo. People that make these grades and get paid for it have the best job because they mean nothing and there are no repercussions if they're wrong.

It's laughable that people put any stock into or care at all about draft grades.

Reactions: ClownBaby
Does the Athletic keep grades from previous years picks by the Bears?

I would like to look up a few.

You probably know that the New York Times bought 'The Athletic' two years ago. 'The Athletic' has a search function but also a paywall. I could look up a few things up for you, although Google may be a better option.

Last edited:
#Bears QB Caleb Williams on painting his nails and wearing different clothing: "When I wake up and go in the mirror and look at myself, I'm comfortable with the man that's looking back

Good for him!
Hard not to like this kid after hearing all the interviews the last two days. Obviously doesn’t mean he’s going to be a stud but I love his attitude and what he’s said.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K. and corey90
Don’t you disrespect the neck beard!
orton.jpg

Totally agree. Some Bear fans just can’t be happy. I get the Bears have been trash for ever but I think Poles got it right’ A+ in my book. Poles isn’t done. Our defense better be good or Ebefus will be in the hot seat.

Reactions: Silver Rain
Totally agree. Some Bear fans just can’t be happy. I get the Bears have been trash for ever but I think Poles got it right’ A+ in my book. Poles isn’t done. Our defense better be good or Ebefus will be in the hot seat.
See my last comment about draft grades. What is your reasoning for the "A+"? Neither have taken an NFL snap, an A+ would look rather silly if they both don't live up to expectations. General rule is it takes 3 years to evaluate a draft class.

See my last comment about draft grades. What is your reasoning for the "A+"? Neither have taken an NFL snap, an A+ would look rather silly if they both don't live up to expectations. General rule is it takes 3 years to evaluate a draft class.
I give the Bears an A for the draft. Got the best players available and both will be impact players. I know you’re a nay sayer and will still complain if Williams is the next great QB in the NFL. You worry about things like crying after he lost a championship game. Hahahaha

I give the Bears an A for the draft. Got the best players available and both will be impact players. I know you’re a nay sayer and will still complain if Williams is the next great QB in the NFL. You worry about things like crying after he lost a championship game. Hahahaha
Yeah, that was a regular season game when he had his meltdown. As a USC guy I'd think you would know this.

How do you know they were the best players available without them playing a snap? What if Odunze has just an average rookie year and a guy like Dallas Turner had 10+ sacks? Was Odunze still the best player available in that instance. No one anywhere knows how any of these players for any team will pan out which is why "draft grades" are one of the dumbest things out there and completely arbitrary. The "draft experts" can give the Bears an "A", the Colts a "B-", the Giants a "C+", and the Chargers an "A-", it means less than nothing until these kids start to play.

I hope the kid is the next great thing, but until he proves it on the field I'm not drinking the Kool aid.

Yeah, that was a regular season game when he had his meltdown. As a USC guy I'd think you would know this.

How do you know they were the best players available without them playing a snap? What if Odunze has just an average rookie year and a guy like Dallas Turner had 10+ sacks? Was Odunze still the best player available in that instance. No one anywhere knows how any of these players for any team will pan out which is why "draft grades" are one of the dumbest things out there and completely arbitrary. The "draft experts" can give the Bears an "A", the Colts a "B-", the Giants a "C+", and the Chargers an "A-", it means less than nothing until these kids start to play.

I hope the kid is the next great thing, but until he proves it on the field I'm not drinking the Kool aid.
OMG
Are you watching the draft? That big tackle from Illinois crying because he got picked? Shame on him, 320 pound baby! I am sure he will suck because no way he is tough. 4A you need to evolve it will make you a happier person. I am sure I am a lot older than you and I evolved. 😊

Reactions: Silver Rain

So in your analogy why is there a draft? No one should be ranked or put in any position to be picked. It doesn’t mean anything. All players should just be on a board and let the teams pick. Wait all players from every college team. Okay everyone is wrong and you’re right. Hahahaha

So in your analogy why is there a draft? No one should be ranked or put in any position to be picked. It doesn’t mean anything. All players should just be on a board and let the teams pick. Wait all players from every college team. Okay everyone is wrong and you’re right. Hahahaha
Ummm that is essentially what happens. Teams have their own rankings but all players who registered for the draft from any school are are on a board.

For example, the Falcons had Penix ranked higher than anyone else. Are they right or wrong? Only time will tell and that's my point, you can value players however you want when drafting them, but what is the point of post draft "grades"? What does a better post draft grade from the media get you? Nothing until players step foot on the field.

Bears go local in round 3. Getting OT Kiran Amegadjie from Yale by way of Hinsdale Central.
I would say from Hinsdale Central, by way of Yale. Great person and family. Had bigger opportunities, but education was 1st priority. He may need to develop for a season or two, but will be a starter down the road.

Reactions: 4Afan
I would say from Hinsdale Central, by way of Yale. Great person and family. Had bigger opportunities, but education was 1st priority. He may need to develop for a season or two, but will be a starter down the road.
Could he play Guard? I'd potentially take him over Nate Davis.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT