ADVERTISEMENT

DeKalb

Good team speed. Decent size. but overall a 1/2 step down from last year's excellent squad. They run a good mix of run and pass. Qb is a good runner and passer. Very good kicker.

Good team speed. Decent size. but overall a 1/2 step down from last year's excellent squad. They run a good mix of run and pass. Qb is a good runner and passer. Very good kicker.

Passing game no where near what it was a year ago....line play was just ehhh when they lost to Morris. Again don't disagree a good DeKalb team here but I wasn't overwhelmed at all

Dekalb was supposed to be the game that tested us. I'm not sure if Dekalb wasn't as good as we thought or Sterling is really that good. As a Warrior fan, I like to think that we're that good.

Reactions: Gene K.
DeKalb is more a running team this year.

DeKalb gave Prairie Ridge a rare tough game in the playoffs last year.

Montini has yet to get a quality road win against a quality team this year.

I therefore say flip a coin on this game.

People from Dekalb were heckling Montini players and coaches in 2015... "how many catholic kids are on your team?!?" Dekalb walked to the field chanting "long ride home" as well. Supreme confidence against the Broncos until it was 21-0 at the end of the 1st quarter. Will Dekalb be able to get over the montini mystique and just let what happens between the lines dictate the game? Or will the Montini magic be too much for a team from that conference like past years?

Reactions: Gene K.
Only thing is Dekalb gave Prairie Ridge a close game last year while Prairie Ridge blew out Montini last year like most of their opponents. I see this as a toss up game.

Prairie Ridge 54 Dekalb 35
Much closer game than the final score

Prairie Ridge 51 Montini 24
This was a blowout in the 1st quarter. Prairie Ridge never punted at least for the 1st half

Last edited:
Only thing is Dekalb gave Prairie Ridge a close game last year while Prairie Ridge blew out Montini last year like most of their opponents. I see this as a toss up game.

Prairie Ridge 54 Dekalb 35
Much closer game than the final score

Prairie Ridge 51 Montini 24
This was a blowout in the 1st quarter. Prairie Ridge never punted at least for the 1st half

That was an absolute blow out by PR. Interesting to see. Montini has had a lot of success against the Kanelands, Sycamores, and now Dekalbs of the world. Should be a good one.

I've been to the Kaneland and Sycamore games and remember us barely pulling one out at Kaneland. We were down very late in the 4th quarter and won it in the last minute of the game.

A game at Sycamore was close late in the 4th quarter when Montini took the lead and Sycamore had one last drive and Montini had like 3 sacks on that drive that put the game away. So these teams are very competitve.

After watching Sterling beat Dekalb 33-3 They definetly had size and speed, it was the only game all year where Nyrel Sullivan Sterlings star running back didn't have a break away run, I believe his biggest runs were 21 and 24, granted he still had 4 touch downs and I believe around 150 yards rushing, it was a bad day for him, lol Dekalb hits hard, nothing Montini isint used to, Dekalb defense is probably better than most because Sterling averaged 42 points in the first half this year and Dekalb held them to 33 and no one scored in the second half. without knowing anything about the Broncos this year I can't make any predictions, but will say overall Dekalb seems like an above average team, with better D than offense.

I've been to the Kaneland and Sycamore games and remember us barely pulling one out at Kaneland. We were down very late in the 4th quarter and won it in the last minute of the game.

A game at Sycamore was close late in the 4th quarter when Montini took the lead and Sycamore had one last drive and Montini had like 3 sacks on that drive that put the game away. So these teams are very competitve.

Agreed the teams are always competitive but the Broncos always find a way. I've been to plenty of Montini games that should've gone the other way but didn't. Stephen Dennis? Jake Kapp? That's always in the back of an opposing teams head. It has to be!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT