ADVERTISEMENT

Q of the Week: 2024 Preseason IHSA Football Player of the Year?

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Sure....why not?

So who are some of youe Preseason IHSA Football preseason Player of the Year candidates.....and before the no fun police attack....just have some fun with this please and we all know it means nothing until they kickoff.

All.... Caden Considine- Byron. Average over ten yards a carry when getting the ball. A beast. Old school fullback and to boot on defense the mlb. Dabbles in basketball as well. And did all of this as a sophomore in 2023. Ratsy

Considine is also a great choice. Such a great player in a great program

Elliot, Kaminski or Williams
Honestly all great choices. I am very impressed with Elliot. I can’t say enough about how he has played the past few years. I think Williams is the best overall athlete and only a Sophomore. Last year when I first saw him play against the Griffins I was truly in awe. Kids a player/gamer. The Griffins fans are going to be fully behind this young superstar. Big things coming to this kid. He will have the coaching and teammates to get this QB to the next level. East is another animal and adding a player of his caliber is only going to make the team even better.
Go East!

I recall one because I said Darrion Dupree. If it’s not up I’m sure it got flushed 😀
I searched lol. Likely flushed.

I think one of the Dupage guys did for sure.

The point about a sleeper is very solid this year.

Jonas Williams-QB LWE

If everything goes right this year, and I think it will, MC could slug it out in the '25 playoffs with LA, LWE, and all the other powers in 8A. I'd like to see Emmett Dowling get into a shootout with Jonas Williams. What does LA have coming up in the way of quarterbacks? How good will Maine South be that year, and Warren?

Reactions: corey90 and MMA_Det
What does LA have coming up in the way of quarterbacks?
LA returns their starting QB, Ryan Fitzgerald, from last year's team that ran the table.

Last Year: CCL Blue Offensive POY, 2,056 yards passing, comp% of 64%, 20 passing TDs, 1 INT, 634 yds rushing, 14 rushing TDs. Keep in mind that he sat a bunch after LA jumped out to big early leads.

Last edited:
Reactions: Silver Rain
If everything goes right this year, and I think it will, MC could slug it out in the '25 playoffs with LA, LWE, and all the other powers in 8A. I'd like to see Emmett Dowling get into a shootout with Jonas Williams. What does LA have coming up in the way of quarterbacks? How good will Maine South be that year, and Warren?
They’ve gotta a really hyped up incoming freshman qb. Matthew Lee. His dad played at Loyola as well.

He's still young
And the scary thing is......he's a freaking sophomore.
No, actually Jonas Williams has two years of prep football remaining after 2 statistically amazing seasons playing varsity ball at Bolingbrook.
Rivals currently ranks him as a running/passing QB as opposed to a pocket passer and Rivals has him as player ranking 245 in the nation in the class of 2026, along with being the 6th-best player in the nation in the running/passing QB list, and I think he might be the fourth-best prospect in Illinois right now in the class of 2026.
Michigan and Ohio State are among the dozens that have already offered him a scholarship.
Kind of reminds me of J.J. McCarthy in terms of making a huge name for himself at the prep level while very young, and then nailing it for a "big-time" finish leading up to college. McCarthy obviously went to IMG to fine-tune his many skills and Williams surely will excel at Lincoln-Way East.
I actually just looked up what I could find about L-W East's sophomore team last fall and from the scores posted that I could find, it appeared that the team was very strong.
Kind of makes you wonder where the sophomore QB from that L-W East team in 2023 is transferring to as if he stays on the pitch at L-W East, he clearly is now destined to spend the final two years of his high school qb career handing the ball off during the second-half of running-clock games.

No, actually Jonas Williams has two years of prep football remaining after 2 statistically amazing seasons playing varsity ball at Bolingbrook.
Rivals currently ranks him as a running/passing QB as opposed to a pocket passer and Rivals has him as player ranking 245 in the nation in the class of 2026, along with being the 6th-best player in the nation in the running/passing QB list, and I think he might be the fourth-best prospect in Illinois right now in the class of 2026.
Michigan and Ohio State are among the dozens that have already offered him a scholarship.
Kind of reminds me of J.J. McCarthy in terms of making a huge name for himself at the prep level while very young, and then nailing it for a "big-time" finish leading up to college. McCarthy obviously went to IMG to fine-tune his many skills and Williams surely will excel at Lincoln-Way East.
I actually just looked up what I could find about L-W East's sophomore team last fall and from the scores posted that I could find, it appeared that the team was very strong.
Kind of makes you wonder where the sophomore QB from that L-W East team in 2023 is transferring to as if he stays on the pitch at L-W East, he clearly is now destined to spend the final two years of his high school qb career handing the ball off during the second-half of running-clock games.
Didn't McCarthy land at IMG in a big part due to lack of COVID interruptions in FL for the 2020 season?

Quite the post….

Reactions: Jenny27
They were undefeated. Owen Askren was the sophomore QB. Threw for 1000 yards. 13tds.

Reactions: Silver Rain
No. What? He was a sophomore when I posted.

It’s interesting that everyone is guessing that the POTY will come from the offensive side of the ball…

It looks like Illinois will have a QB heavy class this upcoming year

Reactions: epicbret
It’s interesting that everyone is guessing that the POTY will come from the offensive side of the ball…

It looks like Illinois will have a QB heavy class this upcoming year
Football awards tend to go that way for some reason. You basically have to have a historic year to take it on the defensive side

Kaminski was most impressive player I saw up close last year on that side of the ball. Made plays all over the field and threw around blockers like rag dolls.

Reactions: epicbret
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT