ADVERTISEMENT

New Stadiums/ Renovations

I believe Fenton in Bensenville is undergoing some sort of renovation with the installation if field turf etc. They started last fall.I also thought I heard that the football field at West Leyden in Northlake where the Leyden Eagles play their football games was going to have field turf installed. They created a field turf surface at East Leyden in Franklin Park for soccer which looks really nice. .
Leyden will be undergoing a complete renovation of its football stadium at its West campus in Northlake, but for the '25-'26 school year. Included is the installation of field turf (finally), new bleachers, press box and scoreboard. The scoreboard will not allow for video as it against Board policy to run advertising, which would have been necessary to justify the cost. Last year the stadium received a new track & concessions/locker room building on the north end of the stadium.

Reactions: MIKEFTB
Leyden will be undergoing a complete renovation of its football stadium at its West campus in Northlake, but for the '25-'26 school year. Included is the installation of field turf (finally), new bleachers, press box and scoreboard. The scoreboard will not allow for video as it against Board policy to run advertising, which would have been necessary to justify the cost. Last year the stadium received a new track & concessions/locker room building on the north end of the stadium.
Awesome! I know they installed field turf at the East Leyden campus where the old football field was but it's used for soccer. Once the renovations are completed at West Leyden all of the WSC Gold schools will have field turf fields for football ..

Reactions: Illini Guru
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT