ADVERTISEMENT

D3 football

Congratulations to AU on an outstanding season. I think they're gonna be a force in D 3 in the coming years. This season will be a huge boost in recruiting for them. That has to be a fun offense to play in. Wheaton and North Central will have to deal with the new kid on the block for recruits !

Will be curious if any bigger schools coming calling for Beebe this offseason. Very impressive what he accomplished in first year at AU.

Rumor has is that AU is opening at St. John's next year. AU returns almost the entire team.

Reactions: PanthersWildcats86
I think Don's goals are bigger things. He moved on from Aurora Christian head coach then move to AD at AC and then moved on to head coach of Aurora University. I hope he plans on sticking around a while. He really is a guy and coach people believe in....in response to the last post, I think they will lose their best receiver Maxwell. But they will strive under Beebe

I think Don's goals are bigger things. He moved on from Aurora Christian head coach then move to AD at AC and then moved on to head coach of Aurora University. I hope he plans on sticking around a while. He really is a guy and coach people believe in....in response to the last post, I think they will lose their best receiver Maxwell. But they will strive under Beebe
I get what you are saying but if he was really looking to move on to bigger things why would he stay at aurora Christian so long? Also, he could be an assistant at any d1 school, why would he go to aurora if he wanted to move up to bigger things?

Yes, great game. Jamacia really showed up today-right No Bias?

"Yeah about like a war between the United States and Jamaica would go...."

I missed the intelligence report that Jamaica got their hands on some rogue nukes from the Russians. ;)

I’m not surprised that SJU was able to score what they did; I didn’t expect them to give up the number of points they did. Sounds like an excuse (cuz it is) but wonder if SJU came into this one taking it for granted. An SJU account made a comment that made it sound like there may be a game scheduled between the 2 schools next year.... if true would be early as it would be a non-con game. I’m pretty sure the all everything SJU QB is a senior. Interesting to see what they will have to reload with next year.

All speculation on if he’ll want to move up to higher ranks.

he stayed at AC for so long bc his kids were in the school and he is a BIG family man. Now that the kids are out...not sure his plans.

He was never the AD at the HS. That is his brother. Don never took a dime from the school in income.

I can’t say enough about D3 football, and D3 sports in general. The kids are out there for the love of the game, obviously. No scandals, no pulling scholarships, etc. Academics first. Seeing my son get to ring the Monon Bell this Saturday as DePauw beat Wabash was second to none. It’s great to read about all these kids we talk about getting D1 rides and all the accolades, but man D3 is a great option for many kids. If you haven’t been out to a D3 game you’re really missing out.

When you’re talking D3, look no further than the Purple and Gold of the Loras DuHawks!

Reactions: USD24
I missed the intelligence report that Jamaica got their hands on some rogue nukes from the Russians. ;)

I’m not surprised that SJU was able to score what they did; I didn’t expect them to give up the number of points they did. Sounds like an excuse (cuz it is) but wonder if SJU came into this one taking it for granted. An SJU account made a comment that made it sound like there may be a game scheduled between the 2 schools next year.... if true would be early as it would be a non-con game. I’m pretty sure the all everything SJU QB is a senior. Interesting to see what they will have to reload with next year.
I actually really appreciate your honesty.... In some ways that is a very highly paid comment to AU.

Reactions: Gene K.
Just saying, the thread with 2700 views and 4 pages, gets bumped to the bottom of the page, doesnt refresh to top of the page as new posts are made? Whassup with that

As expected NC and Wheaton both roll.

Wheaton. 51
Martin Luther 7

NC. 51
Wabash 15

Monmouth did about as well as the could against UWW 35-10

Rogue nukes? Probably not. Maybe, however, you didn't realize that Gavin Zimbelman's family has a garage full of hot rods...His Mom, my classmate, is the marketing director for Rad Rides by Troy, the family business started by her brother Troy Trepanier. They are Manteno High's scoreboard sponsor. My senior year, our Christmas Hoops Tourney picture was around his first hot rod, his grandpa's 66 Chevelle, which made it to the magazines in 1987. When Troy was Gavin's age, he had the 1990 Hot Rod Magazine Car of the Year, a 60 Impala...and then the 1992 Hot Rod Magazine Car of the Year, a 50 Buick...He had the cover car of the Hot Rod Magazine 50th Anniversary Issue. You name the hot rod world award, he's won it...TV shows have been shot in the Rad Rides shop.

Little did most people know that Gavin could be driving the Bonneville Salt Flats Record Holder … 307 mph anyone...:cool: Or a 1000 hp street legal Impala...

Rogue nukes? Probably not. Maybe, however, you didn't realize that Gavin Zimbelman's family has a garage full of hot rods...His Mom, my classmate, is the marketing director for Rad Rides by Troy, the family business started by her brother Troy Trepanier. They are Manteno High's scoreboard sponsor. My senior year, our Christmas Hoops Tourney picture was around his first hot rod, his grandpa's 66 Chevelle, which made it to the magazines in 1987. When Troy was Gavin's age, he had the 1990 Hot Rod Magazine Car of the Year, a 60 Impala...and then the 1992 Hot Rod Magazine Car of the Year, a 50 Buick...He had the cover car of the Hot Rod Magazine 50th Anniversary Issue. You name the hot rod world award, he's won it...TV shows have been shot in the Rad Rides shop.

Little did most people know that Gavin could be driving the Bonneville Salt Flats Record Holder … 307 mph anyone...:cool: Or a 1000 hp street legal Impala...

Was that a paid advertisement or..... o_O

CCIW Tiers

1) NCC and Wheaton
2) Wash U and IWU
3) Carthage
4) Augie,Millikan
5) Carroll, Elmhurst, North Park

* Augie had a good year but they have really been in the dumps.

I'm a Carroll Alum and I'm interested in seeing how the next few years go since they have spent a substantial amount on athletic facilities over the last 5-7 years to go along with the switch back to the CCIW. They have also been soliciting donors for the football program for the last 2 years and just fired the coach with the hopes of upgrading the program. I guess we will see if you can buy success since they are trying to.
Correction they did not fire the coach he left to become the assistant AD

Should have never left the Midwest Conference

The CCIW move was about more then sports it gives the school more exposure in the Chicago area and that has been good for applications and donations. Carroll has decent facilities and the campus is nice but the football staff didn’t adjust to the need to aggressively recruit in the CCIW. Hopefully the new staff will recruit harder since that is the lifeblood of any program.

I can’t say enough about D3 football, and D3 sports in general. The kids are out there for the love of the game, obviously. No scandals, no pulling scholarships, etc. Academics first. Seeing my son get to ring the Monon Bell this Saturday as DePauw beat Wabash was second to none. It’s great to read about all these kids we talk about getting D1 rides and all the accolades, but man D3 is a great option for many kids. If you haven’t been out to a D3 game you’re really missing out.

As a parent of three children who all played NCAA D3 sports (football, basketball, ice hockey), I am sharing my thoughts on it.
The absolute best thing about D3 college sports participation is that it allows the student-athlete to step away from the sport on his or her terms rather than on the calendar's terms.
Because this is a football board, I will talk football.
There are many kids who start out playing football in like third grade at the peewee level, and work their way through eighth grade, and then play four years of high school football.
That's 10 years or organized play in what really is the ultimate team sport. Now, most of those kids, when their senior season ends in either late October or November, turn in their equipment one final time and their playing days of the sport, which they've played every autumn for 10 years is over.
For some, they don't want their career to be over. They are not yet ready to give up the sport, even though they know they'll never be playing on TV on Saturdays or Sundays.
For them, D3 football is the perfect landing spot. My son wasn't ready to give up football after his final game senior season of high school, so one of the considerations when choosing a college was finding a place where he could be on the team.
And sure enough, he went from high school quarterback to D3 fullback and punter. He played three years, then decided that it was enough, and he stepped away from the sport ... on his terms and his time table.
That is the beauty of D3 sports. It allows the student-athlete to decide when it's time to call it a career.
As an aside, when my daughter played her final home basketball game in high school, it was Senior Night. She always wore a red (school color) T-shirt under her hoops jersey. On Senior Night, I brought her a present ... a green T-shirt because where she was going to go to college and play D3 hoops, the team color was green,
It felt good knowing she wasn't being forced to give up a sport she played for 7-8 years. And sure enough, she played D3 hoops for two years, then decided it was enough for her, and junior year at school was spent studying in Australia.
She retired on her terms.
From a parent's point of view, it's comforting to know that when my three kids gave up competitive sports, they did so when they were ready to give them up, not when the calendar said so.

The CCIW move was about more then sports it gives the school more exposure in the Chicago area and that has been good for applications and donations. Carroll has decent facilities and the campus is nice but the football staff didn’t adjust to the need to aggressively recruit in the CCIW. Hopefully the new staff will recruit harder since that is the lifeblood of any program.
I 100% it was about getting more exposure especially to Chicago area, but the talent of kids they have recruited the past 4-5 years wasn’t what was needed to compete at all in the CCIW. I’m also an alum btw so I want to see them succeed

Reactions: ClownBaby
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT