ADVERTISEMENT

CPL Pick’Em Week 12

Schwab54

Nov 13, 2016
3 games of CPL action this week.

Phillips vs Mount Carmel
Definitely an intriguing matchup. I don’t know of any current players that Phillips stole from Mount Carmel but I’d guess there’s one or two like they’ve had of late. Phillips cat defense gets a potentially better matchup as while MC passes more than they did with Frank I don’t believe they’re dropping back and throwing 40 passes a game yet. However MC will have the o-line to block the engage 8 that Phillips runs. I don’t think Phillips has the offense to cause issues for the Dave Lenti led unit. However I for one will make sure to be on hand for this game!
Mount Carmel 24 Phillips 6

Simeon vs Curie
A few years ago this game was for a city title. While Curie may be better off I do miss the days of Jay! We lost a chance to see this game week 9 when it was wiped out by the strike. I for one am glad we are getting it here as this is a CPL classic matchup and one I will be catching in person tonight! The Wolverine grounds the condor.
Simeon 27 Curie 12

Taft vs Morgan Park
I caught the Taft game last week. Their head coach has a similar build to Billy Howard T hope he’s staying away from the tub. This should be a good one and could come down to the wire. Personally I’m guessing there’s 0% chance that the idiot who runs Lane has cleared the snow off the field. With a foot of snow on the field I’m picking Taft.
Taft 13 Morgan Park 6

In addition to the CPL games we also have 2 Catholic league games tonight to pick.

De La Salle vs St Ignatius
Not a fan of the meteors. Just something about them that bugs me. They do kind of have a cool field though. Don’t know much about Ignatius but those kids are smart. I like calling Ignatius Iggy, Iggy makes me think of Iggy Pop, Iggy Pop was born in Michigan and if there’s one thing I know about the state of Michigan is they’re pretty bad at football.
De La Salle 2 St Ignatius 0
Yep, I got St Iggys QB running out of the back of the endzone on a rollout.

St Pats vs St Larrys
This is an intriguing matchup to me. St pats has some positive momentum winning 2 so far in the catholic league playoffs. But St Larry’s has Frank, and while I may pick Pat over Larry I got Frank over Pat every time.
Larry 27 Pat 17

Oh da timez dey are a changin!!!!!!!! Man dis finna be great!!! Da pickz!!! Da pickz!!!!!!

1. Man i finna normaly roll wit da wildcatz from dat mandrake (man if you finna havint gon to da hood to watch dem catz, u missin out on da bess stuff), but dat mount carmel, man dey real good. Dis Jordan man, hes drivin da truck down dat highway!!! Dis is Chicago, Jordan is da king, derefore Carmel finna be rollin dis week. Caramel is so sticky and its finna be so sweet, it go good in my caffee. Carmel + Jordan = winnazzzzz!!!!!
Mount Carmel 28, Phillips 12

2. Man dis aint finna be a game. Dat Simeon, man dey got rolled last week by dat Prairie Ridge. Man doze farm boyz, dey be tuff. Da Wolverinez and da Condorz??? Wolverines, man dey always be hungry. Dey get som food 2nite and dey be rollin, dey gonna eat up doze Condorz.
Simeon 35, Curie 14

3. Man Taff and Mopo! Dey finna so far apart!! Da Eaglez and da Mustangz, man i normal be rollin wit da mustangz over da eaglez, but when i was finna colorin lass nite, i pulled out a crayon dat was blue-green. Taff is blue, Mopo is green, dat was dis boyz sign to take da Eaglez. Da city champz goin back to da game!!!
Taft 21, MoPo 12

4. Man dis finna not involv anny CPS teamz. Man De La Salle is 3 wordz, St Ignatius is 2 wordz, my math teacherz finna be teachin me dat 3 > 2. De La Salle 31, St Ignatius 24

5. Wat's wit deze saintz!!!! Dont dey play in New Orleanz!!!! Are dey imvadin da Chi-town!!! My unclez name was Lawrence, he drove doze truckz! Well 2nite Laurence be drivin truckz thru all da holez dey open up on doze Patzies! St Laurence 42, St Pats 7

CPL!!! Prep Bowl!!!! In November!!! It's on!!!

Phillips vs. Mt Caramel. Phillips is a type of screw driver. Caramel is a delicious dessert topping. Sometimes I eat my dessert before dinner. Why? 'Cause I'm a grown ass man! Mt. Caramel is going to do grown man things to Phillips tonight. Take dessert before dinner.

Simeon vs. Curie
The days when Curie was " Goin' to work" changing oil and grinding out 300+ yards/game on the ground are long gone. Not even close tonight. Simeon in a LaRout.

Taft vs Morgan Park
According to Google Maps Taft HS is over 26 miles from Morgan Park HS. I don't recall where I was going with that, but I do have a friend that owns a horse named Morgan. That horse kicked another friend of ours in the stomach hard enough to do damage to the dude's internal organs. Morgan won that battle...won't win this one. Take Taft.

De La Salle vs St Ignatius
If there were hyphens in De-La-Salle, I'd be all over them. Unfortunately, no hyphens...no confidence. Take Ignatius.

St Patrick vs St Laurence
I know nothing about either of these teams. EXCEPT Frank Lenti is involved with the St. Larry program. Take the rings. Take Larry.

So good, we're back. So sad we're down to 5 games total. The end is near, so enjoy it while you can.

MC vs. Phillips - O'Brien is calling this the real prep bowl. If that's the case I'll take the usual score CCL 582 CPL 6. MC stands up and cheers.

Simeon vs. Curie - Simeon is the home team, last time I was at Gately when Simeon played, all the refs came on the field and were hugging and greeting the Simeon team like they were family. Hard to beat that even if you're a good team, and that's not Curie. Wolverines win

Taft vs. Morgan Park - Taft is a hard one to figure out. One week they look legit, the next it looks like they are running a completely different scheme. Morgan Park has kids with offers to Power 5 schools. Everything says take Morgan Park, except for one thing...
Those pumpkin head helmets. Halloween is over, so is Morgan Park. Eagles win.

D vs. Ignatius - I know some guys that went to D. They're meatheads. Know some guys that went to Iggy. They're eggheads. If I'm going to dinner I like a friend egg on my burger. But since we're talking football gotta go with the meat.

Laurence vs. Patrick - Just can't get over how soft Patrick sounds and then you add in the idea that they're shamrocks? Might as well be frolicking in the field. But, yeah don't need to go any further. Vikings it is.

Reactions: RockSoup
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT