ADVERTISEMENT

Week 4 CPL Pick Em

thecpsblog

Sep 26, 2017
It's Thursday and that means that we have our week of HOT CPL action slated to kickoff in less than 6 hours! Conference play is in full swing and you know what that means! Throw out the records rivalries are starting to take center stage!

North Grand vs Payton Thursday 7:15 at Fritz Pollard Stadium
This rivalry, is it a rivalry?, ahh Who cares. Matches a 1-0 North Grand vs a 3-0 Payton squad. What happened to the first 2 weeks of North Grand's schedule? Eagle Owls that intimidating they couldn't get anyone on the schedule? CPL so confused they even had a football team they forgot to schedule them until they started complaining? Who knows?
Who wants to bet the Owls come ready to play? Who thinks Payton is back and is ready to reclimb the ranks? So many Who's can only mean one thing! Who Gonna Beat the Eagle Owls? WHO WHO WHO nobody! Owls fly to victory.

CVS vs Ag Science Thursday 7:15 Gately Stadium
The receipts against the Farmers. Farmers have been on a roll, but now they have to take their tractors down to Gately on a Friday night? Not so sure if the hay is in the barn quite yet. If college football has taught us anything this season it's that Primetime is keeping receipts. If its good enough for Prime it's good enough for me! CVS it is.

Corliss/Butler College Prep Co-Op vs. Comer Catamounts Friday 4:15 at Comer
This game is at Comer? They have a field apparently which is slightly confusing to me. When I'm confused I stick to the old reliables. This old reliable is my good friend's love of alliteration. So many C's in this matchup. So much alliteration. So much average football, C's right? Guess I'll see this one live. Give me the Corliss Co-Op!

Senn vs. Chicago Academy Friday 4:15 at Chicago Academy
Now we're talking local rivalaries. The Dawgz love getting off the bus and rolling onto the field to take control of the game. Chicago Academy's coach loves Twitter, although not so much during this rough stretch to start the season. Which love holds true Friday afternoon? You know where my heart lies... Give me the DAWGZ!

Can't believe we're almost half way through the season. Enjoy it, while you can...

Mid September means a few things. Fall is in the air, CPL conference schedules are in full swing, and the bathrooms at Lane stadium are not functioning for the rest of the year! On to the picks.

North Grand vs Payton Thursday 7:15 at Fritz Pollard Stadium
When I first moved to Chicago, I ran into a a long time Big Shoulders Conference coach at a NW Side watering hole. He went on and on and on about how Thursday night games were the best possible games and he always wanted to schedule them. Why? Well, he told me that he only had to have 3 practices a week, vs 4 or 5, AND he still got paid the same as those coaches who had to actually coach on Friday and Saturday! Still think that's crazy, but he did pony up for a few rounds, so I was a bit conflicted.
OWLS!

CVS vs Ag Science Thursday 7:15 Gately Stadium
Ag Science is the place to be. Farm Living is the life for me! Land spreading out so far and wide....Darling I love you, but CVS is gonna whip that hide!
My apologies to Green Acres...and the farmers...
Butkus High!

Corliss/Butler College Prep Co-Op vs. Comer Catamounts Friday 4:15 at Comer
I love Co-ops. I love hyphens. I love alliteration. I also love the Snakes of Corlisssssssssss to dominate this one at the new field at Comer.
Corliss!!

Senn vs. Chicago Academy Friday 4:15 at Chicago Academy
Chicago Academy sounds like a fancy private school. Newsflash for the uninformed... it's not. It's a K-12 public school in the old Wright College building. Field is shoehorned behind the school with a bonus playground. Not exactly the wine and cheese experience. Anyway, my only in person experience with Chicago Academy football was a few years back when a bunch of teams cancelled their seasons, and Taft had a JV team playing a varsity schedule in the Chicago Academy conference. Both were undefeated playing for the conference championship. It was a Thursday at 330 start, so you know where I was. Game was awful. Taft JV was beating the CA varsity by 40 at halftime. No complaints, it allowed me to get to The Windsor before happy hour was over.
DAWGZ!

Bonus Thursday Pick!
Schurz vs Lincoln Park 4:00 at Winnemac

Just noticed this one is on the schedule. On one side, you've got Schurz, former power just trying to score some points. On the other side you have LP, always a bridesmaid, never a bride when it comes to really establishing something consistently good on the field. The real attraction in this one is Winnemac park on the perfect fall afternoon in Chicago. Cool enough for Pumpkin Spice Latte, still warm enough for wearing spandex while pushing a baby carriage!
It Schurzly doesn't matter what the records are in this one!
Dawgz!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT