ADVERTISEMENT

Class 8A Game Talk here

Would someone else explain the term "neutral zone extended"?
I’d say engaged in initial block from snap. Didn’t wheel into a return block. It’s the best assumption I could make. The umpire was in a perfect spot and gave the tipped signal

I’d say engaged in initial block from snap. Didn’t wheel into a return block. It’s the best assumption I could make. The umpire was in a perfect spot and gave the tipped signal
To add, the link asks it about 3 ways and basically says if kick doesn’t clear scrum (my word) ignore touch and allow return

If I were to do it, the average weight of the crews I've seen this weekend would be lessened greatly.

images

Nobody hijacked it. I was pretty liquored up.

Still am.
I do think it’s the best crew in the state and best ref.

I just didn’t like being told that we at home didn’t have a better view when the line judge initial steps weren’t close to the eventual spot.

It’s ok to say those are tough to spot and when it is, you may have to judge by line surge which there wasn’t any.

But that crew has had a solid playoff

Congrats to both schools on a hard fought game.

Love the contrast of the Naz/Peoria and LA/LWE games. What a great way to start and finish the day regardless of who you were rooting for.

I do think it’s the best crew in the state and best ref.

I just didn’t like being told that we at home didn’t have a better view when the line judge initial steps weren’t close to the eventual spot.

It’s ok to say those are tough to spot and when it is, you may have to judge by line surge which there wasn’t any.

But that crew has had a solid playoff
I admit to being riled up over that call. Some of my angst was due to inebriation. Ok, let's be honest, a lot of it was due to that. Some was due to my thinking that it was going to be a low scoring game with neither team winning by much. If LWE had won by 3 or less that would have really been unfortunate.

Reactions: RockSoup
Mixed shots of Bulleit with several tall boys. Surprisingly lucid. Must be the adrenaline.
Luckily you can nap during the Bears game tomorrow.
Although, I’m kind of interested in how they will look with Trevor Siemion at QB.

Pictured you as more a scotch guy. Maybe Cabernet
Actually, I am a scotch guy. However, my scotch preference is pretty pedestrian with blends on the rocks with a lemon twist over single malts. Also, when it comes to shots I'll take bourbon over scotch.

I like cabernet, but you are more likely going to find me with a glass of lager or a dark ale than wine.

Actually, I am a scotch guy. However, my scotch preference is pretty pedestrian with blends on the rocks with a lemon twist over single malts Also, when it comes to shots I'll take bourbon over scotch.

I like cabernet, but you are more likely going to find me with a glass of lager or a dark ale than wine.
Yeah if my team is in the title game I’ll probably take whatever is available, although my team will never play on title weekend Saturday night. Wife is seemingly constantly buying wine. This Coopers Hawk Cab Zin blend is decent and goes surprisingly well with football and Thanksgiving part 2 leftovers.

Great game, impressed by both teams, I thought going in LWE would win I don't recall a single dropped pass by LA, and that's with really tight coverage. Those two scoring passes were things of beauty, and not easy catches either.

Well I have and did. I saw the ball as a first touch. Before contact was made. I wouldn’t have Called it interference
A “first touch” by the kicking team 100% does not take off KCI, if anything it creates KCI because if that ball is on the fly and there is a receiving team member anywhere near that ball they have to be given the first opportunity to catch the ball. The only thing “taking off” KCI is if the kicking team player is blocked into the returner.
And the “bang bang” out really doesn’t apply to KCI because if it’s anywhere near that close, it’s KCI. Unimpeded opportunity to catch the ball is pretty cut and dry. The “bang bang” can apply to DPI where the defender can make a play on the ball and is acceptable to not allow the receiver to complete the catch. On a kick, the kickers don’t have a right to the ball and have to let R complete the catch

Loyola was the better team. Loyola seems to design pass rushes that confuse a lot of teams. Kudos to Holocek and his staff. Coach Z is a defensive guru... but not sure if East's offense was terribly creative and if there were halftime adjustments, I must have missed them.

The above does not take away from Loyola's defense which was terrific. If #23 Petey touched the ball, I missed that as well. What do we have, 38 weeks until the next game?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT