ADVERTISEMENT

Class 8A Game Talk here

So what is the ruling if it hits the K team (1st touching) before he makes contact with the returner? I think that’s what the back judge saw and why it wasn’t flagged. As a back judge it’s the first thing I’m looking at.
As a Back Judge, sounds like the ‘first thing’ you should be looking at is the NFHS Rule Book…and I’m a B

As a Back Judge, sounds like the ‘first thing’ you should be looking at is the NFHS Rule Book…and I’m a B
Well I have and did. I saw the ball as a first touch. Before contact was made. I wouldn’t have Called it interference

Lake was the receiving team given unimpeded access to receiving the punt? If not it’s a flag. It’s not a halo issue because that does not apply to HS rules.
And that’s the gray area JW. When he slid the defender was in front and the receiver really didn’t make an effort to catch it. Could’ve been impeded but I saw it on replay. In a bang bang I may have flagged it. Hard to say.

Contact is NOT the issue. It’s UNIMPEDED opportunity for R to catch the ball in flight when in position to make the catch an a scrimmage kick. Learn from their mistake.
So when the returner slid and essentially gave up on the play does that impact your call? In a bang bang I may have flagged it but I can also see how they didn’t.

The touching by R Is ignored if it occurs within the expanded neutral zone which extends two yards past the line of scrimmage. They kept showing a replay, but it wasn’t the replay angle I needed to determine where that touching occurred.

Unreal coaching out of Loyola , great gameplan to contain east running game, flea flicker td to start in low scoring game, impressive performance

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT