ADVERTISEMENT

Changes need to be made!!

Over the course of 3 boys our family has been part of Rochester Football since 2009. This is our final year. We moved into the district in Oct 1999 before our oldest started Kindergarten. Without a doubt there has only been a handful of players move in. Most have played together since grade school. One player on this years’s team did not grown up with these boys. His father moved here. Cox twins moved in for 2015 season and another kid moved from Mt Zion for his senior season in 2016. His father moved here. We had a kid from Lincoln that moved here for his Senior season (2014). So there you have it.

You have yet to list a kid that is going for free by name. Works both ways.

Wait a minute, I asked you first....

And I already said, the endless pipeline of kids from Pembroke Township are not paying a dime..

Another one, Josh Brent from Bloomington CC/ Illinois/ Cowboys... there was an article a few years ago where his mom said when Josh was in high school she didn't have a job, they were homeless and couldn't afford groceries.. but somehow she had $8K for tuition???

And I already said, the endless pipeline of kids from Pembroke Township are not paying a dime..

Another one, Josh Brent from Bloomington CC/ Illinois/ Cowboys... there was an article a few years ago where his mom said when Josh was in high school she didn't have a job, they were homeless and couldn't afford groceries.. but somehow she had $8K for tuition???

You do understand that there are many students who receive financial aid to private high school based on need. Josh Brent sounds like he fits the mold of someone in financial need. I know more than a few non-athletes who receive substantial financial aid to attend the local private high school.

Reactions: lkhammer57
You do understand that there are many students who receive financial aid to private high school based on need. Josh Brent sounds like he fits the mold of someone in financial need. I know more than a few non-athletes who receive substantial financial aid to attend the local private high school.

Substantial is 100%????

My GFs sister is always griping about she has to pay full tuition at JCA while a lot of the athletes pay very little...

Then those kids if academically qualified would get substantial aid whether they play football or not based on financial circumstance.... you guys seem to think the kid of a middle class family or affluent family gets a football scholarship if he is a stud..... all students can qualify for aid based on finances whether they are a nerd, jock, band member, etc.

IHSA is after different tiers for the open enrollment schools at the bequest of the private schools.

Bequest?

Inigo-Montoya-WORD-MEANS.jpg

Reactions: NazDad and USD24
Substantial is 100%????

My GFs sister is always griping about she has to pay full tuition at JCA while a lot of the athletes pay very little...

I get your ignorance on this.... I grew up in a more rural small town (not in this state) and played for a very good small town public team that always ran into our nemesis (a catholic school pretty close to a large population base that they could possibly draw from) in the playoffs and they would knock us out en route to a championship. We had some good battles and we always figured we would have been able to win the title if not for that team. And EVERYONE of us ignorant town folk thought exactly what you do now..... Now in the chicago area and experienced with private school....... I WAS wrong and you are NOW wrong! Last time I'm going to post on this particular "scholarship topic."

Reactions: lkhammer57
Substantial is 100%????

There are many students who receive financial aid at JCA, and since approx 75% of the student body at JCA play at least one sport, yes athletes do receive financial aid. I dont know what goes on at other schools, but I do know for a fact how financial aid is distributed at JCA. Athletic talent plays zero role in the decision who receives aid.

The dad said on another forum that if not for the incidents. they would have remained at Williamsville.. only way I am wrong is if the dad is wrong..

And beyond the reasons for these two kids transferring, even you and your hatred/jealousy for Rochester can't provide a list of transfers...

All.... Try to follow. The family left District 186 (and what would of been LHS) moving to Williamsville because of an up and coming football program. No problem with that. It's done all over Illinois. There was no future in playing Lion football in Springfield with their lack of success. After multiple "issues" at Williamsville that was enough. Knowing Rochester was the best opportunity to win a championship on the football fieldthey started looking for houses. And the rest is history. Ignore the FACTS all you want their decision to move next into Rochester was football based.

You have asked me several times what move ins that Rochester has gotten and I provided those names. Cling all you want to bringing up an up dated list provided by me. Didn;t look into it this year and don't care. Address that question to the one(s) that brought it up in this subject thread. The FACT is it has happened in the past. Even you can;t lie your way out of it doesn't happen.

Lastly quit making up (there is a word for that-liar) what I think about Rochester. Rochester is a solid school district with good teachers and athletic programs. The football program with a great coaching staff (they should be with Cyclone blood coursing through some of their coaches) is truly an Illinois success story. But many public schools have advantages that others do not which attribute to their success. I've talked about them before. Do your homework and look it up. And quit your fibbing. It's unbecoming. Ratsy

Reactions: ramblinman

So you have actually named one kid in 20 years. Great List.

Not sure how many times this needs to be said, it was the mid and lower tier open enrollment schools wanted the SF rather than an increased multiplier.. If SF goes away, the multiplier for ALL open enrollment schools will increase.

Doesn't matter who wanted it - punishing the success of ANYONE is WRONG!!! Since you seem to have all the answers (?), what multiplier was being proposed? I for one never heard. Who ORIGINALLY proposed the punishment adjustment (PA)? You claim the mid- and lower tier open enrollments wanted the PA. Was this AFTER they saw what the proposed multiplier would be? Can't imagine them going to the IHSA out of the blue and propose that, but if you say it happened I, at least at this time, have no info to the contrary. You seem to put a lot of faith in the IHSA. They have already applied a multiplier and then followed that up with the PA. If I were an open enrollment school, be it high-, mid-, or low tier, I would certainly not take them at their word about ANYTHING!!!

All.... Try to follow. The family left District 186 (and what would of been LHS) moving to Williamsville because of an up and coming football program. No problem with that. It's done all over Illinois. There was no future in playing Lion football in Springfield with their lack of success. After multiple "issues" at Williamsville that was enough. Knowing Rochester was the best opportunity to win a championship on the football fieldthey started looking for houses. And the rest is history. Ignore the FACTS all you want their decision to move next into Rochester was football based.

You have asked me several times what move ins that Rochester has gotten and I provided those names. Cling all you want to bringing up an up dated list provided by me. Didn;t look into it this year and don't care. Address that question to the one(s) that brought it up in this subject thread. The FACT is it has happened in the past. Even you can;t lie your way out of it doesn't happen.

Lastly quit making up (there is a word for that-liar) what I think about Rochester. Rochester is a solid school district with good teachers and athletic programs. The football program with a great coaching staff (they should be with Cyclone blood coursing through some of their coaches) is truly an Illinois success story. But many public schools have advantages that others do not which attribute to their success. I've talked about them before. Do your homework and look it up. And quit your fibbing. It's unbecoming. Ratsy

You didn't provide any names of move ins, stop lying....

Doesn't matter who wanted it - punishing the success of ANYONE is WRONG!!! Since you seem to have all the answers (?), what multiplier was being proposed? I for one never heard. Who ORIGINALLY proposed the punishment adjustment (PA)? You claim the mid- and lower tier open enrollments wanted the PA. Was this AFTER they saw what the proposed multiplier would be? Can't imagine them going to the IHSA out of the blue and propose that, but if you say it happened I, at least at this time, have no info to the contrary. You seem to put a lot of faith in the IHSA. They have already applied a multiplier and then followed that up with the PA. If I were an open enrollment school, be it high-, mid-, or low tier, I would certainly not take them at their word about ANYTHING!!!

They are not punishing anyone, they are equaling the field because of the 30 mile radius..

And all private schools need to agree to all mandates that the public schools must follow..
I like this idea. And in exchange maybe public schools can use their resources like the private schools that have stayed open in a dismal state economy. For example, public schools can pay their teachers in wage, health and pension like a private institution or use the minimal administration to operate like a private institution or actually close schools that are no longer needed as changing economic forces dictate. You'd have your even steven utopia and I'd save a ton in taxes. Win win

Reactions: MR. "T"
I like this idea. And in exchange maybe public schools can use their resources like the private schools that have stayed open in a dismal state economy. For example, public schools can pay their teachers in wage, health and pension like a private institution or use the minimal administration to operate like a private institution or actually close schools that are no longer needed as changing economic forces dictate. You'd have your even steven utopia and I'd save a ton in taxes. Win win

Good idea, lets pay teachers $20K a year, high school kids can choose between Arbys and education since the pay would be the same, just what society needs..

You didn't provide any names of move ins, stop lying....

All.... Other than the kid from Chatham which I pointed out on the IHSS board WHERE did I specifically say Rochester had others this season? You won't find it because I didn't say it. Don'y try to wiggle out of a question you asked someone else. Now for you penance three Our Fathers and three Hail Mary's are in order for your umm indiscretion. And mean it or it won't "take." Ratsy

Good idea, lets pay teachers $20K a year, high school kids can choose between Arbys and education since the pay would be the same, just what society needs..

So I just went to the 4a bracket which Herscher competes in... and my question is why are you here talking about this at all??? Out of the 32 team bracket only 3 were private (Alleman, Althoff, Quincy-Notre Dame). You didn't play any of them... 2 lost in round 1 and the 3rd lost in 2nd round! You know what the success factor is going to get you next year? ICCP! So I would have stayed in my hole, quiet as a church mouse if I were you... you have no reason to have a beef about any privates effecting your football life that I can see. Old high school rival still pissing in your cheerios?

you gave up 77 points to a public who then got beat by 17 by Rochester... I'd say you have some public school fish to fry.

Last edited:
So I just went to the 4a bracket which Herscher competes in... and my question is why are you here talking about this at all??? Out of the 32 team bracket only 3 were private (Alleman, Althoff, Quincy-Notre Dame). You didn't play any of them... 2 lost in round 1 and the 3rd lost in 2nd round! You know what the success factor is going to get you next year? ICCP! So I would have stayed in my hole, quiet as a church mouse if I were you... you have no reason to have a beef about any privates effecting your football life that I can see. Old high school rival still pissing in your cheerios?

you gave up 77 points to a public who then got beat by 17 by Rochester... I'd say you have some public school fish to fry.

On the flip side, we scored 47 points on a team that Rochester only scored 31 on....

We were way undersized in 4A this year compared to the rest of the quarterfinal teams, hopefully next year we see 3A

Last edited:
On the flip side, we scored 47 points on a team that Rochester only scored 31 on....

We were way undersized in 4A this year compared to the rest of the quarterfinal teams, hopefully next year we see 3A
You still lost. Who give a **** what you scored compared to Rochester. If you played them they would've blown hhstiger out too.

Well they couldn't have...but Herscher could have dropped 100 on your boys
Stay on track here siedentop. They absolutely could've, if they wanted to. Some mercy was shown thankfully. Same with the amount of points your tiggers scored, they were allowed to do that.

Stay on track here siedentop. They absolutely could've, if they wanted to. Some mercy was shown thankfully. Same with the amount of points your tiggers scored, they were allowed to do that.

LOL, they had their foot on the gas the whole game, they kept their starters in longer than we did..when they got the ball with 3;00 left they finally took a knee.. If they wouldn't have, the final would have been 84-54

Keep being ashamed of your program, I would be too.. mine is 21-3 last two years, yours is 3-13

LOL, they had their foot on the gas the whole game, they kept their starters in longer than we did..when they got the ball with 3;00 left they finally took a knee.. If they wouldn't have, the final would have been 84-54

Keep being ashamed of your program, I would be too.. mine is 21-3 last two years, yours is 3-13
Hey, if telling yourself these lies makes you happy, who am I to tell you otherwise???? Again, I can't compete with your NPD but I don't need to. You do all the work in making yourself look foolish, k??? LOL

Substantial is 100%????

Your girlfriend's sister is 100% a liar. A school like Joliet Catholic with significantly declining enrollment and increasing cost of education cannot maintain existence, let alone the quality education your unfortunate future sister in-law pays for. The finances just don't add up. Feel free to look a the published annual report.

Reactions: Gene K. and USD24
I've been solicited as an Althoff grad for more money in recent years than in the past. First, the school built a new STEM lab and a performing arts center. Most recently, they build a football stadium on campus. These "luxuries" come 60+ years after opening the doors.

I know for a fact Althoff does not have the money to keep its doors open without tuition from everyone.

Reactions: Gene K.
Your girlfriend's sister is 100% a liar. A school like Joliet Catholic with significantly declining enrollment and increasing cost of education cannot maintain existence, let alone the quality education your unfortunate future sister in-law pays for. The finances just don't add up. Feel free to look a the published annual report.

Maybe that explains the 0-9?

So you are saying every athlete is paying the full $11K?

Last edited:
Maybe that explains the 0-9?

So you are saying every athlete is paying the full $11K?

Did u not read my post? Many students at JCA receive financial aid. 75% of the student body participate in athletics. Therefore, yes, athletes receive financial aid, but it is not because they are athletes. Aid is based in need, not athleticism. Why is this so hard to understand?

Did u not read my post? Many students at JCA receive financial aid. 75% of the student body participate in athletics. Therefore, yes, athletes receive financial aid, but it is not because they are athletes. Aid is based in need, not athleticism. Why is this so hard to understand?

Well of course you are going to say that, I don't expect you to say athletes go for free..

Enron used to say they were looking out for their employees and investors... so that must be true too, right?

So you have certainly gotten increasingly bitter since your divorce...but now that you have a GF I'd think that the bitterness would subside and you'd find things to do other than continue to rant about things that are tacitly untrue.

Well of course you are going to say that, I don't expect you to say athletes go for free..

Enron used to say they were looking out for their employees and investors... so that must be true too, right?

Most Althoff kids get assistance, if the way things used to work are still in place.

Althoff was fed by seven neighborhood parish schools - once one parish (going west to east along Main Street) hit 1000 families, another was formed. Those kids went to the parish school, then to Althoff. (From east to west: Blessed Sacrament, Saint Henry, Queen of Peace, Saint Augustine, Saint Mary, Cathefral, St. Clare.) There were kids that came from Saint Phillips, Saint Edward and Sister Theodora in ESL who cake to Althoff too.)

I went to Queen of Peace from 1979 until 1987. I think 8th grade cost $350 - with the caveat of Sunday giving, plus $10 per athletic team I joined - so another $30.

QP kids who went to to Althoff, whose parents gave the nominal weekly offering, were underwritten a significant portion of tuition by the parish. The idea was to fund the parish, support education k-12 and leave enough for the next generation. I believe this continues to this day.

In 1991, when I graduated Althoff, tuition was about $1300 a year - parochial school graduate price, underwritten by my parish donations. If you did not graduate from one of those schools or did not make an offering to a feeder parish, you paid significantly more.

You didn't address the main point of my post at all... you have no reason to be bothered by privates....

I’m sure Derek Leonard and the Rochester faithful are loving all of this banter. There hasn’t been a bigger controversy for this one stop light town since cow tipping was proven a fraud.

You didn't address the main point of my post at all... you have no reason to be bothered by privates....

Nothing needs to be changed regarding Rochester, they have a defined boundary and play by the same disadvantage as every other public school when compared to the open enrollment schools..

Only thing that needs to be addressed here is why what I assume are mostly intelligent people here at Edgys can’t understand the purpose of the waiver/multiplier/success factor formula, why its in place and that its not nearly as bad of a system that people here think... especially when next step is separate classes for the recruiter schools..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT