ADVERTISEMENT

Changes need to be made!!

you know as well as most, they do not pay the entire nut. every school has some sort of program which allows for additional funds. some private kids go wash the windows or cut grass a couple days a week for relief. bus or driver to pick them up. all good legal avenues.
some public schools because of name notoriety get players to move into district. all good legal avenues.
i believe both school types have to generally recruit kids to either keep them in district or lose them to private schools. the kids that attend private grammar/jr high schools are most likely going to a private high school. the kids in the public feeder programs most likely get recruited by both.
these are the kids/parents that have to make a decision.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you might say the publics recruit a bit (even blatantly)... check out this link.... note the url (8th graders and transfers) and part way down where you should select your current town of residence (including those out of district and even "other") and their request for height/weight/position info to go in the text box!!!!!!!!!
http://www.oprffootball.com/transfers8th-graders.html

But what you are failing to see is that none of those are disadvantages in an 8 class system.. while they are likely losing out on some football talent, the top kids are still getting in.. and because the other kids aren't, the overall enrollment is smaller and they would be playing in a smaller class..

Take away tuition, Montini might have 2500 kids and playing 8A.. with tuition they are a 5A/6A school..

How do you know the top talent is still getting in? That is such an ignorant statement. You act like they don't pull from some VERY good public schools. To say the top talent is still getting in is completely dumb. I want to see examples of the top talent going to Montini rather than the Naperville schools Glenbard Schools and Wheaton schools. I guess its too bad that Montini couldn't get first round pick Corey Davis in for free instead of WWS. Keep up your dumb ignorant statements.

How do you know the top talent is still getting in? That is such an ignorant statement. You act like they don't pull from some VERY good public schools. To say the top talent is still getting in is completely dumb. I want to see examples of the top talent going to Montini rather than the Naperville schools Glenbard Schools and Wheaton schools. I guess its too bad that Montini couldn't get first round pick Corey Davis in for free instead of WWS. Keep up your dumb ignorant statements.

Montini is the size of I-8 Large schools... they have had more D1 football talent in the last 10 years than the 12 I-8 schools have had in the last 30 combined.. 10 years vs 360 years...keep your dumb ignorant comments coming.. just because they didn't get one kid from a few towns over doesn't mean a thing..

Is anyone on here really saying that private schools do not recruit some athletes for the sole purpose of athletic competition? I know most of the athletes that go to a private HS are there for multiple reasons, but some/very few are there solely for athletics. There are multiple ESCC and CCL-Blue Schools who have frequented many youth football games and are "recruiting" kids to come play for them. Yeah, they talk about the academics and what the school has to offer when talking to parents, but when it comes to the kids, its all about tradition, football record, and who they beat last and/or this season.
But at least they are talking to all the kids right? No, only the best player(s) from each team get talked to.
Why only them? Do they know that the others will not pass or qualify based on the entrance exam? Do they know that their parents are pro-public and will not send their kids to a private? No, No, and No. They are recruiting the best player(s) for athletic purposes.
BTW, I'm not mad, just wondering how intelligent grown men can argue whether or not private schools recruit kids just for athletics. Of course they do. Of course some give "financial assistance" to those who can ball out but not pay out. Of course they let kids in who do not meet the "normal" requirements of the entrance exam.
Many things very similar to college athletics.
Many can argue how fair it would be if the public universities would have boundaries for their enrollment while private universities could recruit nationwide.

Reactions: Wolffan64
Is anyone on here really saying that private schools do not recruit some athletes for the sole purpose of athletic competition? I know most of the athletes that go to a private HS are there for multiple reasons, but some/very few are there solely for athletics. There are multiple ESCC and CCL-Blue Schools who have frequented many youth football games and are "recruiting" kids to come play for them. Yeah, they talk about the academics and what the school has to offer when talking to parents, but when it comes to the kids, its all about tradition, football record, and who they beat last and/or this season.
But at least they are talking to all the kids right? No, only the best player(s) from each team get talked to.
Why only them? Do they know that the others will not pass or qualify based on the entrance exam? Do they know that their parents are pro-public and will not send their kids to a private? No, No, and No. They are recruiting the best player(s) for athletic purposes.
BTW, I'm not mad, just wondering how intelligent grown men can argue whether or not private schools recruit kids just for athletics. Of course they do. Of course some give "financial assistance" to those who can ball out but not pay out. Of course they let kids in who do not meet the "normal" requirements of the entrance exam.
Many things very similar to college athletics.
Many can argue how fair it would be if the public universities would have boundaries for their enrollment while private universities could recruit nationwide.

Every student at a private school is recruited. And as proven by my post not too far up this page referencing the oprffootball web page the publics recruit.

Yes, but publics recruit their own kids. If I'm at Lyons Township, I'm not sitting at the Dolton Bears football game watching and waiting to talk to parents and kids from Dolton.

Yes, but publics recruit their own kids. If I'm at Lyons Township, I'm not sitting at the Dolton Bears football game watching and waiting to talk to parents and kids from Dolton.
This is the exact problem public school people have, those kids do not belong to public schools!

Then you didn't read my post or click the link regarding oprf did u... they just are dumb enuf to be blatant on the web site... others are far more active and discreet

Montini is the size of I-8 Large schools... they have had more D1 football talent in the last 10 years than the 12 I-8 schools have had in the last 30 combined.. 10 years vs 360 years...keep your dumb ignorant comments coming.. just because they didn't get one kid from a few towns over doesn't mean a thing..
How many D1 kids have came from the DVC? The answer is plenty, two years ago GBW had the player of the year in Brodner, he's another guy in the area that could go to montini and he was the best high school football player in the state that year. Thats how you can compare if they are getting the top talent not small schools that aren't close to them in talent. I thought of two just off the top of my head and I can guarantee you that there are more top talent kids that went to to DVC schools rather than Montini than that. Saying they have more D1 kids than I8 school doesn't prove your argument at all. Just because I-8 isn't getting those kids doesn't mean Montini is getting every top kid from around area. The DVC is a GREAT conference in the middle of where they look for kids. So I think your ignorance is continuing to show

How many D1 kids have came from the DVC? The answer is plenty, two years ago GBW had the player of the year in Brodner, he's another guy in the area that could go to montini and he was the best high school football player in the state that year. Thats how you can compare if they are getting the top talent not small schools that aren't close to them in talent. I thought of two just off the top of my head and I can guarantee you that there are more top talent kids that went to to DVC schools rather than Montini than that. Saying they have more D1 kids than I8 school doesn't prove your argument at all. Just because I-8 isn't getting those kids doesn't mean Montini is. The DVC is a GREAT conference in the middle of where they look for kids. So I think your ignorance is continuing to show

The fact that you are talking about 8A team says it all....I am talking small schools because that's who they are competing with in the post season.. Montini does not get the typical talent for a school their size.

Their own meaning in their school district boundaries. No, they don't belong to anyone but their parents. But, there is a difference between going out and getting talent from all over as opposed to getting/keeping the talent in your own boundary district.

The fact that you are talking about 8A team says it all....I am talking small schools because that's who they are competing with in the post season.. Montini does not get the typical talent for a school their size.

Are any of the I-8 teams playing in 5a? Most of them are 4a aren't they? They haven't played 4a since 2004. Second when PR is to continue to send people to play D1 are they going to be recruiting too? Either way you said that they are continuously getting the top talent from their area, and that's not true whether it is small school or big school. So unless you're saying you're taking back that comment then you're still wrong. Do they have the best talent in their class maybe, but they don't get the top talent from their area every year.

Are any of the I-8 teams playing in 5a? Most of them are 4a aren't they? They haven't played 4a since 2004. Second when PR is to continue to send people to play D1 are they going to be recruiting too? Either way you said that they are continuously getting the top talent from their area, and that's not true whether it is small school or big school. So unless you're saying you're taking back that comment then you're still wrong. Do they have the best talent in their class maybe, but they don't get the top talent from their area every year.

Well some of you genius's cry that the multiplier isn't fair, so that's my baseline.. they talent they recruit is WAY beyond what a school their size should have.

Well some of you genius's cry that the multiplier isn't fair, so that's my baseline.. they talent they recruit is WAY beyond what a school their size should have.
I don't really care about the multiplier, you can check all my posts. The only gripe I have is the success factor and dynasty for a school like Rochester is okay but not for a private school, I bet Rochester has more D1 players than the I-8 too. But you seem to just be grabbing for anything right now

Don't forget NAIA! There are about 30 NAIA players in the NFL today.

NAIA is between 1-3 in my book, so I was including it, somewhere parallel to or below d2 but above d3 due to scholarship availability. Not saying top/elite d3 programs wouldn't/couldn't beat a top naia program but it has to be put above in the hierarchy due to the scholarship factor

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
NAIA is between 1-3 in my book, so I was including it, somewhere parallel to or below d2 but above d3 due to scholarship availability. Not saying top/elite d3 programs wouldn't/couldn't beat a top naia program but it has to be put above in the hierarchy due to the scholarship factor
I understand you comments but the top D3 programs have actually beaten the top NAIA programs in non conference games in the past few years. The thing with NAIA and d3 is the financial aid packages are similar just one is an athletic scholarship and the other is not. Kids are starting to realize that and I think a lot of the time the d3 schools focus on facilities rather than athletic scholarships and it is resulting in better talent going to d3, I think a lot of kids like the idea of playing in the NCAA too

I understand you comments but the top D3 programs have actually beaten the top NAIA programs in non conference games in the past few years. The thing with NAIA and d3 is the financial aid packages are similar just one is an athletic scholarship and the other is not. Kids are starting to realize that and I think a lot of the time the d3 schools focus on facilities rather than athletic scholarships and it is resulting in better talent going to d3, I think a lot of kids like the idea of playing in the NCAA too

No argument here... sexier in my book to play for many quality d3's over naia's just making point that I was not overlooking naia football and that I was lumping in with d1-d3 (somewhere in with d2/3 depending on how you look at it) and the fact that naia has sports scholarships while d3 is aid packages... we're saying the same thing here just wanted to clarify.

Reactions: lkhammer57
Reactions: Ghostoftheghost
No argument here... sexier in my book to play for many quality d3's over naia's just making point that I was not overlooking naia football and that I was lumping in with d1-d3 (somewhere in with d2/3 depending on how you look at it) and the fact that naia has sports scholarships while d3 is aid packages... we're saying the same thing here just wanted to clarify.
My bad! I think we see many things in a similar way Bias!

Very interesting discussion, and I do think private schools have some advantages, but as I have stated several times in various threads, the multiplier was instituted to take care of a lot of this.

The problem and, frankly, the DISGRACE is the IHSA has decided in its infinite bias, I mean wisdom, that they are going to punish a certain type of school for having success - what is it about the unfairness of this some of you people on here don't understand? If you don't understand it, then you are no better than the members of the IHSA. If need be, consider some tweaking of the multiplier if you have to, or even the 30-mile boundary, BUT PLEASE, DO NOT PENALIZE KIDS FOR THEIR SUCCESS. And by the way, that goes for ALL schools. If the punishment adjustment doesn't apply to ALL, then get rid of it or apply it to ALL. As it stands now, no way is it fair, and NO - this biased rule doesn't need to be debated in this thread or any other - it's unfair. PERIOD!!

Reactions: Normdog and Gene K.

I saw St. Xavier play once live and once on TV when they won the NAIA Championship. I've seen Southern, Western and Eastern Illinois Universities play. St. Xavier could more than keep up with some of those teams. In my humble opinion.....

I saw St. Xavier play once live and once on TV when they won the NAIA Championship. I've seen Southern, Western and Eastern Illinois Universities play. St. Xavier could more than keep up with some of those teams. In my humble opinion.....

In 2004 SXU played ISU, ISU won rather easily.

SXU could beat most D3 teams. I don't know enough about D2 but I would guess they would do fine here.

I agree the NAIA is equal to D2 which is a big jump to FCS (old 1AA) teams.

I don't think you understand SIU, WiU, EIu are fcs d1, the old 1aa. They would destroy an naia team.

I don't really care about the multiplier, you can check all my posts. The only gripe I have is the success factor and dynasty for a school like Rochester is okay but not for a private school, I bet Rochester has more D1 players than the I-8 too. But you seem to just be grabbing for anything right now

hammer - You're not holding your breath waiting for the IHSA to do the right thing, are you? You can turn blue and pass out doing that!

Reactions: lkhammer57
Very interesting discussion, and I do think private schools have some advantages, but as I have stated several times in various threads, the multiplier was instituted to take care of a lot of this.

The problem and, frankly, the DISGRACE is the IHSA has decided in its infinite bias, I mean wisdom, that they are going to punish a certain type of school for having success - what is it about the unfairness of this some of you people on here don't understand? If you don't understand it, then you are no better than the members of the IHSA. If need be, consider some tweaking of the multiplier if you have to, or even the 30-mile boundary, BUT PLEASE, DO NOT PENALIZE KIDS FOR THEIR SUCCESS. And by the way, that goes for ALL schools. If the punishment adjustment doesn't apply to ALL, then get rid of it or apply it to ALL. As it stands now, no way is it fair, and NO - this biased rule doesn't need to be debated in this thread or any other - it's unfair. PERIOD!!

Not sure how many times this needs to be said, it was the mid and lower tier open enrollment schools wanted the SF rather than an increased multiplier.. If SF goes away, the multiplier for ALL open enrollment schools will increase.

What part are you too dense to understand?? Rochester plays by the same rules as 85% of the membership, they do not have open enrollment and do have a boundary.. this no multiplier or SF..

IHSA is after different tiers for the open enrollment schools at the bequest of the private schools.. that's what the SF is about, the open enrollments

What part are you too dense to understand?? Rochester plays by the same rules as 85% of the membership, they do not have open enrollment and do have a boundary.. this no multiplier or SF..

IHSA is after different tiers for the open enrollment schools at the bequest of the private schools.. that's what the SF is about, the open enrollments

What makes you so dense to think that families move to go to Rochester district due to their success the same way people do for Montini and other private state powers? Your statements obviously don't make any sense because most people on here think you sound dumb, nobody wants to come to your side, your statements of how they get the best athletes in their area each year (which is not true) backfire on you and then complain school size, and then to continue your comments looking not very educated because you think Illinois Wesleyan is big enough for a state championship game. So I understand why people have stopped responding to you and think you're a joke. So I'm going to follow the rest of the boards way and just ignore your dumb and asinine comments.

hammer - You're not holding your breath waiting for the IHSA to do the right thing, are you? You can turn blue and pass out doing that!
Sorry it took so long to respond, held my breath too long and passed out! Lol! Of course not I just will continue to enjoy the drama that the IHSA brings to our state athletic situation

What makes you so dense to think that families move to go to Rochester district due to their success the same way people do for Montini and other private state powers? Your statements obviously don't make any sense because most people on here think you sound dumb, nobody wants to come to your side, your statements of how they get the best athletes in their area each year (which is not true) backfire on you and then complain school size, and then to continue your comments looking not very educated because you think Illinois Wesleyan is big enough for a state championship game. So I understand why people have stopped responding to you and think you're a joke. So I'm going to follow the rest of the boards way and just ignore your dumb and asinine comments.

You are making my point for me, if people are moving to Rochester for football, its the same thing they would do at other public schools so there is no advantage...

And IWU is big enough to host 1A and 2A title games..

And shocking.. this is a private school board, hard to believe that others here don't agree with me... LOL

You are making my point for me, if people are moving to Rochester for football, its the same thing they would do at other public schools so there is no advantage...

I know you are trolling at this point but that is a huge advantage.

I know you are trolling at this point but that is a huge advantage.

Its not an advantage if every school can do it... and since you are the expert on Rochester football, can you give me a list of all these move ins over the last 10 years?? Which kids on this years roster was not in Rochester schools in 7th grade?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT