ADVERTISEMENT

Changes need to be made!!

Ikhammer,

If we are going to apply the SF to Rochester let's make certain we apply it the same way it's being applied to the private schools based on past performance, selectively and retroactively if the desired result occurs. In other words welcome to 8A Rochester with your string of 7 of the last 8 4A titles... You've earned it!

Amen! Won't hear any complaining from my end! Lol

Reactions: MR. "T"
Ikhammer,

If we are going to apply the SF to Rochester let's make certain we apply it the same way it's being applied to the private schools based on past performance, selectively and retroactively if the desired result occurs. In other words welcome to 8A Rochester with your string of 7 of the last 8 4A titles... You've earned it!

Then when can public schools bring in kids from a 30 mile radius??? That's the part of the equation you guys are wanting to overlook

Then when can public schools bring in kids from a 30 mile radius??? That's the part of the equation you guys are wanting to overlook
So you seem to know the rules and the IHSA is implementing them correctly, right? Answer this question for me, how does Rochester can continue to have this kind of talent year in year out without students living out of the district?

So you seem to know the rules and the IHSA is implementing them correctly, right? Answer this question for me, how does Rochester can continue to have this kind of talent year in year out without students living out of the district?

If Derek Leonard leaves, they are a typical good 4A program in 2 years

Once the kids are in the school and enrollment is defined with the class structure, tuition doesn't matter..
So paying excess of 50k doesn’t matter? Clearly it’s peanuts because these schools simply bring in whoever they want. Do you ever stfu?

Just like you have overlooked the tuition part of the equation for years.

If planned out is tuition really a disadvantage?

When I moved my family 4 years ago one of the houses we looked had bad schools so we would of sent out kids to private school. The house was very nice and had much lower taxes then we currently pay and the purchase price was lower due to the schools. When looking at the yearly savings in taxes and the mortgage private school wasn’t cost prohibitive at all. We didn’t buy the house but I have friends that have done the exact same thing. I cant believe that in most cases people sending their kids to private school don’t know years in advance.

So paying excess of 50k doesn’t matter? Clearly it’s peanuts because these schools simply bring in whoever they want. Do you ever stfu?

How does it affect the outcome of a game???? Field is still 100 yards and all teams get 4 downs, right????

When I moved my family 4 years ago one of the houses we looked had bad schools so we would of sent out kids to private school. The house was very nice and had much lower taxes then we currently pay and the purchase price was lower due to the schools. When looking at the yearly savings in taxes and the mortgage private school wasn’t cost prohibitive at all. We didn’t buy the house but I have friends that have done the exact same thing. I cant believe that in most cases people sending their kids to private school don’t know years in advance.
People can save and plan all they want but paying an additional 50k is somehow not a disadvantage in your eyes? Does your company have an online application I can fill out?

How does it affect the outcome of a game???? Field is still 100 yards and all teams get 4 downs, right????
How does “recruiting” or 30 mile radius then affect the outcome of the game going off your comment? Talked yourself into another corner.

How does “recruiting” or 30 mile radius then affect the outcome of the game going off your comment? Talked yourself into another corner.

Not at all, because they can bring in kids from huge areas to just play football..

And lets not get carried away with the tuition, we all know top talent isn't paying tuition if they really want into some schools..

Not at all, because they can bring in kids from huge areas to just play football..

And lets not get carried away with the tuition, we all know top talent isn't paying tuition if they really want into some schools..
So let’s take a school like Benet (neither of my schools and frankly I don’t like them). They are pretty successful currently making two 7a semis back to back. I know you have a screw loose but do you honestly believe they have kids that go there solely to play football and the school gives them a full boat because of their ability on the football field? Lmao

Well according to the people who are "anti- private", schools are going out and recruiting stud football players from all over and talking them into coming to that particular school. Unless they have them recruited by 2nd, 3rd, 4th grade and committed by then... the argument about planning ahead doesn't hold water. The implication is that ICCP, montini, naz, etc goes out finds 8th grade studs from wherever and promises the world football wise and they show up for the entrance exam and the rest is history... so families may have about 4 months to plan this exchange of real estate for tuition that you talk about. On the other hand if it is as you say and the parents have been planning on private school for years then the recruiting angle is lost... so which is it?

So let’s take a school like Benet (neither of my schools and frankly I don’t like them). They are pretty successful currently making two 7a semis back to back. I know you have a screw loose but do you honestly believe they have kids that go there solely to play football and the school gives them a full boat because of their ability on the football field? Lmao

Read what I actually said and then figure it out... key words were "some schools"... guys like you read what they want and go from there.

Yes, just like everyone knows that last years fenwick team could not read or write and was attending tuition free.

Last edited:
Read what I actually said and then figure it out... key words were "some schools"... guys like you read what they want and go from there.

Oh is it naz? A prime example of a commuter to you who came just to play football would have to be Chris sampleton. Came a distance, stud football player, etc.... some how he ended up at Yale???! Just another dumb, tuition free jock being exploited for state titles I guess....

I think the comment of saying all the top talent at schools go without paying tuition is ridiculous. I can guarantee you Jordan Westerkamp wasn't recruited to Montini, some of the best players that have gone thru Loyola have had the plan of going to Loyola from day 1 and attended grade schools that feed into Loyola. To think that catholic schools, that many are struggling financially, are just handing out free rides left and right is a joke. Has there been kids who received financial aid and ended up being good athletes, sure, but when it came down to it they have qualify financially to get that money. I do know of some RUMORS of schools potentially recruiting in transfers and such, but to think that this is a normal thing is completely clueless. I know MCC isn't on the same level of the Loyola and Montinis of the world, but the same complaint is said in McHenry county for the Canes and I can talk about every single top player that went thru there and how they paid full.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K. and MR. "T"
Well according to the people who are "anti- private", schools are going out and recruiting stud football players from all over and talking them into coming to that particular school. Unless they have them recruited by 2nd, 3rd, 4th grade and committed by then... the argument about planning ahead doesn't hold water. The implication is that ICCP, montini, naz, etc goes out finds 8th grade studs from wherever and promises the world football wise and they show up for the entrance exam and the rest is history... so families may have about 4 months to plan this exchange of real estate for tuition that you talk about. On the other hand if it is as you say and the parents have been planning on private school for years then the recruiting angle is lost... so which is it?

My point was most kids that end up at private schools know in advance that they will be going there well before the 8th grade and with planning the financial aspect can be minimized.

If you want to talk about why Johnny Football or Suzy Volleyball drive by 3 other privates schools to get to their that has a powerhouse program that’s another topic all together. I’m not anti private school I used to love playing them but even though the schools have many disadvantages they have advantages also that many private school posters refuse to acknowledge.

Being part of a public school system, I rarely post or get into this private vs public stuff but come on HHS...just because I live down here doesn't mean I don't travel up your way every holiday. Now, if I remember my brother in law right, its a over 30 mile round trip from his house to Herscher High for his daughter every school day. He bragged that Herscher has almost a 200 square mile district. If that is true, you need to chose better arguments cause your district is a whole lot bigger then ours!

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
My point was most kids that end up at private schools know in advance that they will be going there well before the 8th grade and with planning the financial aspect can be minimized.

If you want to talk about why Johnny Football or Suzy Volleyball drive by 3 other privates schools to get to their that has a powerhouse program that’s another topic all together. I’m not anti private school I used to love playing them but even though the schools have many disadvantages they have advantages also that many private school posters refuse to acknowledge.
You’re absolutely right, private schools have distinct advantages but also have huge disadvantages as well. Do the two cancel each other out? It’s really impossible to say and differs on a case to case basis. Just like the real world there will never truly be equality, too many factors working against it. It’s not just public/private either, there will never be equality amongst all public’s and amongst all privates. The thing is sports are great because they lack equality, there are Davids and there are goliaths just like the real world, some people strive for a day where everyone is Goliath but that will never happen and that would take all the fun out of sports. Sadly people can’t handle losing and seek to legally level the playing field, those people are in for a rude awakening when they get to the real world.

Reactions: ClownBaby
You’re absolutely right, private schools have distinct advantages but also have huge disadvantages as well. Do the two cancel each other out? It’s really impossible to say and differs on a case to case basis. Just like the real world there will never truly be equality, too many factors working against it. It’s not just public/private either, there will never be equality amongst all public’s and amongst all privates. The thing is sports are great because they lack equality, there are Davids and there are goliaths just like the real world, some people strive for a day where everyone is Goliath but that will never happen and that would take all the fun out of sports. Sadly people can’t handle losing and seek to legally level the playing field, those people are in for a rude awakening when they get to the real world.

Totally agree.

Being part of a public school system, I rarely post or get into this private vs public stuff but come on HHS...just because I live down here doesn't mean I don't travel up your way every holiday. Now, if I remember my brother in law right, its a over 30 mile round trip from his house to Herscher High for his daughter every school day. He bragged that Herscher has almost a 200 square mile district. If that is true, you need to chose better arguments cause your district is a whole lot bigger then ours!

But its still a defined boundary that currently has 540 kids that attend high school... in the case of public school, geographical size of the school doesn't matter, its simply the number of students.. apples to oranges

What huge disadvantages do they have???? LOL

1. Tuition
2. Having to be able to test in (public can take all, even special ed level students)
3. Having to go out and find ("recruit") the entire student body with no natural student base (and you want to further limit that radius).
4. In the Chicagoland area at least, assuming a kid is going to private route, a ton of competition for that student. Think kid in Hinsdale... could go to fenwick, naz, monini, ICCP, st francis, benet, and thats just the tip of the ice berg of choices.......

If every stud at montini, naz, loyola was not paying tuition those schools would be hanging out with Driscoll (defunct). Most of these schools are not even at capacity. If a school who was being success factored up and needing as many studs as possible and were recruiting and giving away tuition how would you explain those empty seats? They would do everything the could to max out the buildings student capacity to keep up. But thats not the case, if there are not enough educationally competent students with ability to pay majority of the tuition they are not being let in.

1. Tuition
2. Having to be able to test in (public can take all, even special ed level students)
3. Having to go out and find ("recruit") the entire student body with no natural student base (and you want to further limit that radius).

If every stud at montini, naz, loyola was not paying tuition those schools would be hanging out with Driscoll (defunct). Most of these schools are not even at capacity. If a school who was being success factored up and needing as many studs as possible and were recruiting and giving away tuition how would you explain those empty seats? They would do everything the could to max out the buildings student capacity to keep up. But thats not the case, if there are not enough educationally competent students with ability to pay majority of the tuition they are not being let in.

But what you are failing to see is that none of those are disadvantages in an 8 class system.. while they are likely losing out on some football talent, the top kids are still getting in.. and because the other kids aren't, the overall enrollment is smaller and they would be playing in a smaller class..

Take away tuition, Montini might have 2500 kids and playing 8A.. with tuition they are a 5A/6A school..

But what you are failing to see is that none of those are disadvantages in an 8 class system.. while they are likely losing out on some football talent, the top kids are still getting in.. and because the other kids aren't, the overall enrollment is smaller and they would be playing in a smaller class..

Take away tuition, Montini might have 2500 kids and playing 8A.. with tuition they are a 5A/6A school..

I made the point that once you are success factored up you would want to try and get as close to that as possible and there are still empty seats.......

Do you honestly believe that a majority of the kids attend these schools for free?

Maybe 20-25 years ago you had the free money flowing out but those days are over for all but very few schools.

Every school in the ESCC and CCL compete against larger schools that have state funded programming that can be used against the private school recruitment.

For every Loyola and Marist, there are five other privates that are scrambling annually to stay afloat.

Reactions: USD24

Can we get just a couple more question marks? I don't think I got the message with only a measly 4 of them...????

I'd like to see some real over the top. ????????????

Reactions: gebronco
How many kids on this years team will play college football???
Don't know and don't really think that pertains to the question I asked you. So again what you are saying that is the Rochester school district has that good of football talent year in and year out! Correct?

[QUOTE="No Bias---Just Reality, The implication is that ICCP, montini, naz, etc goes out finds 8th grade studs from wherever and promises the world football wise and they show up for the entrance exam and the rest is history... (well jwar stated a year back or so) he starts at 6th grade level focusing on their curls and workout regimes.

you know as well as most, they do not pay the entire nut. every school has some sort of program which allows for additional funds. some private kids go wash the windows or cut grass a couple days a week for relief. bus or driver to pick them up. all good legal avenues.
some public schools because of name notoriety get players to move into district. all good legal avenues.
i believe both school types have to generally recruit kids to either keep them in district or lose them to private schools. the kids that attend private grammar/jr high schools are most likely going to a private high school. the kids in the public feeder programs most likely get recruited by both.
these are the kids/parents that have to make a decision.

Reactions: lkhammer57
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT