ADVERTISEMENT

CCL - ESCC 2019 schedule week one and two games.

Let's talk predictions for the old "Gauntlet Division". My thoughts:

Loyola (They have almost entire OL back. Cabanban needs to put some weight on without losing speed. They will reload on D and at WR (in my humble opinion, LA has one of the top WR coaches in the state ;) I have no idea who the QB will be, maybe Aiden Clark, Unsure of jr. QB's though)

Mount Carmel (This team is just going to keep getting better over the next couple of years. Scary good in 2020 if they can retain top talent.)

Brother Rice (folks on here saying a down year?)

Marist (have no clue???)

Last edited:
Is it a new school? I’ve never heard of it.

Haven't heard of what, Perspectives?
Or Perspectives Leadership Warriors on May?
Or Perspectives IIT Math and Science Wolves on Wabash?
Or Perspectives Joslin Panthers on Archer?
Or Perspectives Technology Warriors on May?

I wonder if they have 4 different fight songs?

What I find interesting is the comments by some in reference to other schools not returning their calls. News flash, your school do the same thing if its not a team that they want to play. It is what it is.

Last edited:
Let's talk predictions for the old "Gauntlet Division". My thoughts:

Loyola- I have no idea who the QB will be, maybe Aiden Clark, Unsure of jr. QB's though)

What about Grogan the to be SR who transferred in from Naperville Central?

Haven't heard of what, Perspectives?
Or Perspectives Leadership Warriors on May?
Or Perspectives IIT Math and Science Wolves on Wabash?
Or Perspectives Joslin Panthers on Archer?
Or Perspectives Technology Warriors on May?

I wonder if they have 4 different fight songs?
Let's see
BR beat SR by 7
Taft beat Perspectives by 20
SR beat Taft by 56 starting some freshmen.

BR by 83 at half time.

I have Rice going 5-4 or 6-3. I like the defense but who's going to score? Not one week returnee on offense. Still scratching my head on the south of I-74 decision. I shaved my head so it can't be lice.

Reactions: Bowie50
I had a coach Grogan “Groges”as a freshman Coach. If it’s the same guy he was one of my favorite coaches at LA along with Mike Dooley.

Damn, here I was thinking he was the second coming of Steve Grogan.

Rice D has solid group with DBs Love, Carter and Iraci. LB Jones and DLs Roche and Jefferson. Iraci and Jefferson are D1 players as are Junior to bes Love and Jones. O is going to have some growing pains but they'll be fine. Hall, Phelan and Pettis are solid WRs with Iraci possibly going both ways. QB Smyth and RB Jackson. I say 6-3. Marist returns a solid OL (3 guys) with WR Markett, RB Marsh and QB (Senior to be or the Super Soph Jackson). D has 3-4 regulars back.

Rice D has solid group with DBs Love, Carter and Iraci. LB Jones and DLs Roche and Jefferson. Iraci and Jefferson are D1 players as are Junior to bes Love and Jones. O is going to have some growing pains but they'll be fine. Hall, Phelan and Pettis are solid WRs with Iraci possibly going both ways. QB Smyth and RB Jackson. I say 6-3. Marist returns a solid OL (3 guys) with WR Markett, RB Marsh and QB (Senior to be or the Super Soph Jackson). D has 3-4 regulars back.
MC has some rebuilding to do as well. Their secondary needs to be replaced but they have good players waiting. You’re going to see a lot of juniors starting next year. As outstanding as Kenenna Odeluga played at Linebacker as a Sophomore, it’s time to move move him to RB and enjoy the show the next two years with him and Ja’Shawn Moore. Tony Livermore will give Lynch a good go to target until other receivers step up. They have two big linemen back to help protect Lynch and they’ll need to because if he goes down, not much left in the cupboard since Matejko left last year to be Smyths back up at BR....never understood that move.

MC has some rebuilding to do as well. Their secondary needs to be replaced but they have good players waiting. You’re going to see a lot of juniors starting next year. As outstanding as Kenenna Odeluga played at Linebacker as a Sophomore, it’s time to move move him to RB and enjoy the show the next two years with him and Ja’Shawn Moore. Tony Livermore will give Lynch a good go to target until other receivers step up. They have two big linemen back to help protect Lynch and they’ll need to because if he goes down, not much left in the cupboard since Matejko left last year to be Smyths back up at BR....never understood that move.
Keep him at LB. he reminds me of Mike Burden.

That's a pretty ambitious comparison
This kid is good. Fast. Rangey. Watch him on hudl. It’s impressive for a 15 year old kid. He also reminds me of mike because both were/are very talented RB’s. In fact, I played against mike the game Petricca moved him to LB at halftime. We didn’t score again.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT