ADVERTISEMENT

CCL - ESCC 2019 schedule week one and two games.

tomloner

Gold Member
Sep 21, 2004
Chicago
The below link lists the 2019 schedule for the merger of the CCL ESCC conferences. The attached article lists games weeks 3 thru 9. There a a couple of typos (De Paul plays St. Joseph week 9 not St. Rita).

Please list your week one and two games: Opponent and if it either home or away.

Hopefully District football gets voted down but if it passes the teams in the new league should fair very well

https://www.suntimeshighschoolsport...ic-east-suburban-catholic-divisions-revealed/

So Marist’s last seven games has 5 semifinal teams, of which 3 went to the championship and 2 win it. Yikes. Wonder who week one and two are.

Reactions: go_rice and Gene K.
So Marist’s last seven games has 5 semifinal teams, of which 3 went to the championship and 2 win it. Yikes. Wonder who week one and two are.
This year SR had one semi-finalist, four finalists, and two state champions.

Everyone has been been beating each other up for years.

Marist had BR game week one for a couple of years now. With the merger they play week four. Any idea who they will play week one?

We’ve had Mishawaka from IN the last two years. They went to the IN semifinals. Not sure if we have them next year.

BROTHER RICE
at Hillcrest
vs Chicago Perspectives
vs Providence
vs Marist
at Joliet Catholic
at Loyola
vs St. Laurence
at Carmel
at Mount Carmel

JCA
Richards
Loyola
Montini

Masochist's or what?
Even if JCA is good in 2019 they will be very young and green. Week 1 is where you want to play them. SR has a good chance of being 2-0 heading into their tough conference schedule.

OrangeWhips,

I think I see 7 - 2 and possible 8 - 1? I know it's early, but is this plausible? Not sure how PC is going to be next year.

I think that’s realistic. The defense should be pretty solid again. Smyth has the size and arm for a pocket QB so I’m assuming they will have to be more pass heavy than the 2018 version.

Really looking forward to the road trips to Joliet and Mundelein. Pretty cool additions to the schedule as crossovers.

Back to your original question...just give me at least 5 wins and meaningful football in November. This passed month was a fun ride.

BROTHER RICE
at Hillcrest
vs Chicago Perspectives
vs Providence
vs Marist
at Joliet Catholic
at Loyola
vs St. Laurence
at Carmel
at Mount Carmel
How did this Hillcrest thing happen? I know we had been playing Crete due to the Konecki connection but I don’t get the Hillcrest thing. And especially why are we going there first? Seems like this would’ve been a good year to maybe get a nearby OLCHS or MoPo or Bogan again.

How did this Hillcrest thing happen? I know we had been playing Crete due to the Konecki connection but I don’t get the Hillcrest thing. And especially why are we going there first? Seems like this would’ve been a good year to maybe get a nearby OLCHS or MoPo or Bogan again.

Hillcrest...

1) quality opponent (5A semi-finalist)

2) playoff points (9-0 reg season in 2018)

3) South suburban school (prospective students in this area)

My guess is they play there next season and they will play at BR week 1 in 2019 to balance the schedule. Don’t want to start any season with possibly 3 of first 4 on the road.

Badke era - played Shepard for 2 years, BR Michigan for 2 and Crete for 4 with Marist as the other non-con. Obviously, need to change the schedule format with the Redhawks now a member of the prestigious CCL Blue. I like starting the season with a quality opponent.

Last edited:
Caravan opens with Curie in a battle between former teammates Jordan Lynch and Arthur Ray. Week 2 @ Maine South. MS seemed like a great idea when MC had the green schedule for another quality opponent, now it just adds on to an extremely difficult schedule. What doesn’t kill you though....

Reactions: Gene K.
I think that’s realistic. The defense should be pretty solid again. Smyth has the size and arm for a pocket QB so I’m assuming they will have to be more pass heavy than the 2018 version.

Really looking forward to the road trips to Joliet and Mundelein. Pretty cool additions to the schedule as crossovers.

Back to your original question...just give me at least 5 wins and meaningful football in November. This passed month was a fun ride.
Early word is the O-line is going to be Rice’s Achilles heel the next couple years. They have to hit the weights and the all you can eat pasta dinners the next 8 months.

Love to see it!
Early look at PC who should have a solid year with about 16+ starters returning on both sides of the ball.

Should win - Morgan Park, Carmel and DePaul

Most likely won’t win - BR and Montini

Bubble games - SR, ND and StL

So to get that almighty 5th win week 1 would be nice to get a W although what a better way to test your team early and play a quality team like Naz

I defer to our AD

Reactions: USD24
Early word is the O-line is going to be Rice’s Achilles heel the next couple years. They have to hit the weights and the all you can eat pasta dinners the next 8 months.

You’re exactly right - could be all juniors/sophs.

BROTHER RICE
at Hillcrest
vs Chicago Perspectives
vs Providence
vs Marist
at Joliet Catholic
at Loyola
vs St. Laurence
at Carmel
at Mount Carmel

How big was the check to get Perspectives to sign up for that slaughter?

How big was the check to get Perspectives to sign up for that slaughter?
If everyone looks at the District Football Proposal closely you'll see that games in weeks one and two do not count towards making the playoffs. There will be no worry about playoff points. This is what you see with District football.

And I wonder how many teams are returning BR's phone calls after finishing up in the finals?

We need to hear from posters about week 1 & 2 from teams in the White, Purple and Red Divisions also.

If everyone looks at the District Football Proposal closely you'll see that games in weeks one and two do not count towards making the playoffs. There will be no worry about playoff points. This is what you see with District football.

And I wonder how many teams are returning BR's phone calls after finishing up in the finals?
probably about the same amount as returning ours.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT