ADVERTISEMENT

Calling Edgy!

cornerrat

Aug 1, 2009
All.... Tim I can usually find out just about anything in the area. But I have hit a brick wall on whether or not East St.Louis is going to be allowed to petition up? This is (or will be when next season starts) a big story in my opinion. Do yo have a definitive answer on this? Thanks! Ratsy

All.... I recently received an answer from one of the Flyers long time followers that has his sources. He hasn't been wrong yet on questions I have posed to him. He tells me ESL will not be allowed to petition up.

Enrollments of course change from year to year. Classifications according to IHSA regulations are set the last week of September for the next year. Getting those numbers have always been difficult. Anyway, looking at the 32 postseason qualifiers in 5A for 2018 ESL would of been the second largest school in that group. So unless they have had a large swing of students up or down the Flyers will be on the proverbial bubble between classes.

The preseason A.P. poll will have them classified somewhere but it's possible that until late in the regular season no one will be really sure what playoff class they might end up in. I also imagine when that writers poll comes out they will be ranked #1 regardless of the new teams makeup. Ratsy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT