ADVERTISEMENT

Best cheers

Couple years ago, our players were sending the other teams players girls DM’s. Hilarious!
Remember there are older guys on here who are not familiar with all the Social Media lingo. I had to look up DM's to understand your post. Apparently DM's (Direct Messages) are the same as PM's (Private Messages).

EDIT ADDED: but it's a good thing I knew what PM's where because any search for "what are PM's" gets a whole bunch of nothing but PMS hits. o_O

Last edited:
I played in 4 of them, 2-2 record. Great rivalry! My junior year we had to stop the game due to a huge brawl between fans that poured onto the field. We were laughing in the huddle.

A funnier version, with some less than safe for work cheers

This is completely untrue. There are varying stories of the origins of “We Are”. This one holds a special place in my heart for obvious reasons and dates to the late 40’s and the Cotton Bowl! It also has some Chicago roots with the patriarch of the Suhey family.

https://saturdaytradition.com/penn-...rating-the-ideal-of-penn-states-we-are-cheer/

It was the first time the cheer took traction in Chicago. What might have happened at PSU doesn't get much coverage, here.

Classic Notre Dame vs St Pats chant:

"Parking Lot! Parking Lot!" or "Lets play Football!"

If you wanna see a spectacle of crowd chanting, you must attend a ND vs Pats game in your lifetime.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT