ADVERTISEMENT

I’m Here!

Catch--22

Sep 29, 2006
Lombard
I had every intention of finally knocking this out tonight for the first time this season. I’m at least a week or two later than I usually start. I’m sure Newt got it right, so we can let that one ride for the week. Maybe I’ll put his work into my format in a separate post.

I was off work on Mondays for 20 years. It was perfect for the Outlook. My wife would be at work, so I’d be home alone all day. I would grab a big coffee, listen to Boers and Bernstein, and wait for the IHSA info to drop. I could usually get it posted before the rest of you got off work.

I’m not off Mondays anymore. And the bigger glitch in the system is the baby boy I have now. 19 months old and relentless. By the time he’s done whipping my ass every day, I’m too tired to log on. I hope he keeps this same energy for football in 7 years, especially since he’s in the 3rd percentile of height and weight.

Beyond those excuses, I have more! Went to Tampa for the miserable Bears two weeks ago. When I returned home Monday night, that had to be family time. Last week, me and wifey found us some Covid for the first time. Rough couple days.

So…. I’m here and I’ll do my thing the rest of the way. Love doing it. But unfortunately it’ll be a late evening post rather than early afternoon.

I had every intention of finally knocking this out tonight for the first time this season. I’m at least a week or two later than I usually start. I’m sure Newt got it right, so we can let that one ride for the week. Maybe I’ll put his work into my format in a separate post.

I was off work on Mondays for 20 years. It was perfect for the Outlook. My wife would be at work, so I’d be home alone all day. I would grab a big coffee, listen to Boers and Bernstein, and wait for the IHSA info to drop. I could usually get it posted before the rest of you got off work.

I’m not off Mondays anymore. And the bigger glitch in the system is the baby boy I have now. 19 months old and relentless. By the time he’s done whipping my ass every day, I’m too tired to log on. I hope he keeps this same energy for football in 7 years, especially since he’s in the 3rd percentile of height and weight.

Beyond those excuses, I have more! Went to Tampa for the miserable Bears two weeks ago. When I returned home Monday night, that had to be family time. Last week, me and wifey found us some Covid for the first time. Rough couple days.

So…. I’m here and I’ll do my thing the rest of the way. Love doing it. But unfortunately it’ll be a late evening post rather than early afternoon.
Great to have you back Catch!

Reactions: Catch--22

Awesome stuff, Catch. Good to read your words. Congrats on being a papa!

You know, it's ok to give it back to him at times. Lol. Toughen him up a little and when Witty and Rock come to watch him play, he'll be Rita material.

Let the record show, Cascia was there from the beginning. :)

Welcome home

Catch --

Welcome back.

Have you been following SNC football this season? They lost by four to Eureka (!) two weeks ago then barely beat Lakeland last week. They play #15 Aurora in two weekends and Aurora crushed Eureka last weekend by a score of 70-10. Yikes!

Enrollment is down, and they just announced they are laying off 41 staff members. I wonder if they're having buyer's remorse over that move to the NACC a few years ago...

Reactions: Catch--22
Have you been following SNC football this season? They lost by four to Eureka (!) two weeks ago then barely beat Lakeland last week. They play #15 Aurora in two weekends and Aurora crushed Eureka last weekend by a score of 70-10. Yikes!

Enrollment is down, and they just announced they are laying off 41 staff members. I wonder if they're having buyer's remorse over that move to the NACC a few years ago...
Have been surprised to see their program fall off since joining the NACC. Was looking forward to them challenging Aurora each year.

Shockingly, the MWC has become more open these past few years and appears WIDE open this year. I used to coach at Monmouth and we had some great battles with Norby over the years. Sad to see that rivalry go away.

Have been surprised to see their program fall off since joining the NACC. Was looking forward to them challenging Aurora each year.

Shockingly, the MWC has become more open these past few years and appears WIDE open this year. I used to coach at Monmouth and we had some great battles with Norby over the years. Sad to see that rivalry go away.
Their program numbers (133 on their current roster) are still as strong as ever. They have the same head coach for the past 8 years who took them to round 2 of the D3 playoffs in 2018. Under him, they were always at or near the top in the MWC. Yes, there were some great battles with Monmouth over the years.

Either the NACC (where they did finish second last year in their second full year of competition) is that much more competitive than the MWC, or the talent level of their recruits has fallen off. Can't think of any other likely reasons.

Their program numbers (133 on their current roster) are still as strong as ever. They have the same head coach for the past 8 years who took them to round 2 of the D3 playoffs in 2018. Under him, they were always at or near the top in the MWC. Yes, there were some great battles with Monmouth over the years.

Either the NACC (where they did finish second last year in their second full year of competition) is that much more competitive than the MWC, or the talent level of their recruits has fallen off. Can't think of any other likely reasons.
My hunch is that going to the Wing T hurt them recruiting...

The MWC, top to bottom, is probably actually better than the NACC at the moment. 4/5 teams could win it this year. NACC is a one pony show....pretty good pony though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT