ADVERTISEMENT

CPL Pick 'Em Early Thursday Action

GhostOfTheGhhost

May 14, 2018
After a few weeks of picking too late to get in on the Hot Thursday 4:00 Action...We're Back! Time to duck out of work early, grab some local grub, and grab your seat in the stands with the other 7 fans! On to the picks!

Schurz vs Mather
It Schurzly doesn't Mather what the records are coming into this one! A Big Shoulders Barn Burner! No matchup is more made for Thursday at 4!
Mather

Dunbar vs Back of the Yards
A couple of years ago I was heading to early Saturday game at Eckersall Stadium. Dunbar was playing in the game. Anyway, I stopped for breakfast at this tiny pancake house on 83rd, next to the Metra Station. I'm in there at the counter chatting up the cook and mention that I am going to watch a football game down the street. He immediately starts trying to sell me on his video production company and how they could film the game, do highlights, etc... I'm just trying get some pancakes and eggs, and this dude is giving me the hard sell on his "real" business. I keep trying to explain that I'm just a fan and I won't need him to film anything, but the dude was relentless. I'm trying to shovel down my grub and get out of there when a dude walks in and asks the guy if he does "bedroom" photography. No lie. Before they could get into the specifics, I was out of there... I still kind of regret that.
BOTY!
Fenger vs South Shore
Seems like it's been forever seeing Fenger on the board.
FINGERS!

Woodlawn vs North Grand
There are 1300 high school teams in the US named the Eagles. There are 760 Wildcats, and almost 900 Bulldogs. Gotta appreciate North Grand going out on a limb and picking the Owl as their mascot. Has to be a lot of "Who are we?!" cheerleader chants, no?

King vs Hubbard
Old Mother Hubbard
Went to the Cupboard,
To get a good game plan.
When she came there,
The cupboard was bare,
And she lost to King!
(My apologies, this sounded a lot better in my head)

After a few weeks of picking too late to get in on the Hot Thursday 4:00 Action...We're Back! Time to duck out of work early, grab some local grub, and grab your seat in the stands with the other 7 fans! On to the picks!

Schurz vs Mather
It Schurzly doesn't Mather what the records are coming into this one! A Big Shoulders Barn Burner! No matchup is more made for Thursday at 4!
Mather

A couple of years ago I was heading to early Saturday game at Eckersall Stadium. Dunbar was playing in the game. Anyway, I stopped for breakfast at this tiny pancake house on 83rd, next to the Metra Station. I'm in there at the counter chatting up the cook and mention that I am going to watch a football game down the street. He immediately starts trying to sell me on his video production company and how they could film the game, do highlights, etc... I'm just trying get some pancakes and eggs, and this dude is giving me the hard sell on his "real" business. I keep trying to explain that I'm just a fan and I won't need him to film anything, but the dude was relentless. I'm trying to shovel down my grub and get out of there when a dude walks in and asks the guy if he does "bedroom" photography. No lie. Before they could get into the specifics, I was out of there... I still kind of regret that.
BOTY!
Fenger vs South Shore
FINGERS!

Woodlawn vs North Grand
There are 1300 high school teams in the US named the Eagles. There are 760 Wildcats, and almost 900 Bulldogs. Gotta appreciate North Grand going out on a limb and picking the Owl as their mascot. Has to be a lot of "Who are we?!" cheerleader chants, no?

King vs Hubbard
Old Mother Hubbard
Went to the Cupboard,
To get a good game plan.
When she came there,
The cupboard was bare,
And she lost to King!
Give em the Fenger!

Withdrawal is a serious drug! Tuesday AM caught me off guard Ghost. Thought I had drunk myself through the week already. Seeing as this has me sobered up and ready to go guess I'll get on to the picks.

Schurz vs Mather
Such a great rivalry. All aboard the 152 bus! Get those kids room they're coming in full pads ready to play. Mather clearly is telling them to know their role and shut their mouth though. If only we could get Schurz to get some clod blue mountains tossed their way in the ring. We then in turn change their nickname to the Rattlesnakes. Mather could embrace their inner Brahma Bull and we could get a vintage Smackdown! Mather gets the love, but I'll take Schurz 3:16

Dunbar makes me laugh every time I see that name. Once upon a blue moon back at the Lane Glory Days, I caught a 4:30 Friday kick where some poor coach was just eviscerating some kid on his team named Dunbar. Coach tried him at end, folded like a wet napkin. Next series he was at backer, constantly lost in the wash. Second half kid comes out and he's lined up at corner. Couldn't help but think, man this kid must be a stud, they're lining him up everywhere. Then I hear that poor coach pass his tipping point. We've tried you every where, you can't figure anything out. How am I supposed to play you? Can't trust you anywhere! Poor kid just sat there on the sidelines despondent. Fortunately for him he figured it out. Wonder if that coach was happy? My guess is not, he seemed like quite the surly old man.

Fenger vs South Shore
Here's one for you Ghost, I know how you love your food stops. Fenger is so close to the I-57 Rib House, you got to stop. Probably won't help they play at Gately, but one thing I can guarantee it'll be better than that delicious Gately dog! Make sure to ask for the Fenger Finger discount... Fingers!!!

Woodlawn vs North Grand
How about a little Would you rather? This one is a lay up. Would you rather have a lawn made of wood, or North of a Grand?

King vs Hubbard
King Hubbard dominated the dark ages, at least according to my CPS History Teachers. Tie!

Very nice Ghost..

Schurz vs Mather
Mather

BOTY!
Fenger vs South Shore
FINGERS!

Woodlawn vs North Grand

King vs Hubbard
Old Mother Hubbard
Went to the Cupboard,
To get a good game plan.
When she came there,
The cupboard was bare,
And she lost to King!
Very good Ghost. Full schedule posted above.Any idea how well those Noble Charter school games are attended?

Very nice Ghost..

Very good Ghost. Full schedule posted above.Any idea how well those Noble Charter school games are attended?
only Noble games I’ve ever seen were always the 9/10 am Saturday game. I would bet there were twice as many people on the field than in the entire stadium… every time.

Reactions: MIKEFTB
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT