ADVERTISEMENT

Benet 16 @ St. Rita 37 Final

for bracket purposes would you rather be 5-4 or 6-3???? north/south bracket sucks

Speaking for Rita: if she ends up 5 - 4 and Montini finishes at 7 - 2, there's a better chance for them meeting in the very early rounds because of the north/south suckage.

If Cascia can upset the Don and get to 6 - 3, maybe they meet (assuming victories) in Q-finals/Semi's still with north/south suckeration.

This was the first real time the soph played?
Last week thought just saw back up senior take snaps at the end?
No. Soph was in for a couple of series vs. Marian South after the Senior scored a TD on senior night. Soph had a TD drive last week but didn’t throw it during that drive.

Speaking for Rita: if she ends up 5 - 4 and Montini finishes at 7 - 2, there's a better chance for them meeting in the very early rounds because of the north/south suckage.

If Cascia can upset the Don and get to 6 - 3, maybe they meet (assuming victories) in Q-finals/Semi's still with north/south suckeration.
I’m not sure beating us next week is an upset. I’m hoping we come to play but there’s some guys banged up and I’m sure not going to play. I’m making plans for a pie on 95th street and dessert at 77th and Western. Go Dons!!

No. Soph was in for a couple of series vs. Marian South after the Senior scored a TD on senior night. Soph had a TD drive last week but didn’t throw it during that drive.
Saw the senior score, then must have stopped paying attention.
Pretty ballsy to throw him in today, a playoff game basically.

Reactions: RockSoup
I’m not sure beating us next week is an upset. I’m hoping we come to play but there’s some guys banged up and I’m sure not going to play. I’m making plans for a pie on 95th street and dessert at 77th and Western. Go Dons!!

Was actually having a convo with a fellow poster last week wondering if SR does lose to Benet, would the Dons rest some of their players because they are already in the playoffs and there's a possibility of key players getting hurt against a potential 4 - 4 desperate Rita team.

I wonder what TK is going to do. I gotta believe he wants the Sophomore QB to get more reps against a very good team. Must have your starters in to protect him and give him every opportunity as well.

Reactions: Gene K.
That’s probably the correct word and still an understatement to come out at half down 13-10 and go with the Soph in the second half. Those that have watched him the last year and a half know he’s skilled. And Johnson is a great football player. The Mustang cup runneth over. Gutsy second half by the whole team when they most needed it.

Was actually having a convo with a fellow poster last week wondering if SR does lose to Benet, would the Dons rest some of their players because they are already in the playoffs and there's a possibility of key players getting hurt against a potential 4 - 4 desperate Rita team.

I wonder what TK is going to do. I gotta believe he wants the Sophomore QB to get more reps against a very good team. Must have your starters in to protect him and give him every opportunity as well.
Week 9s are weird to say the least. Who knows what either Coach is going to do?

Anthony Sayles looked a bit beat up today too. I have no idea what they’re going to do but I’m pretty sure you will not see Julian Shurr. I’m not sure what difference 8-1 or 7-2 means in the big picture. Personally I’d rather see them rested and healthy for round one as opposed to winning week 9.

Funny how things turn out. At the beginning of the season I figured the Dons would need this game just to be eligible.

And I think that's part of the reason why Rock saw this victory differently. Putting a Sophomore QB in there in that type of environment says a lot. Credit TK for making a very tough decision because I think the Junior QB has very good potential.

I know TO's are part of the game, but if this kid can throw when needed, run to his ability and turn the ball over not, I think this team can go very far.

Anthony Sayles looked a bit beat up today too. I have no idea what they’re going to do but I’m pretty sure you will not see Julian Shurr. I’m not sure what difference 8-1 or 7-2 means in the big picture. Personally I’d rather see them rested and healthy for round one as opposed to winning week 9.

Funny how things turn out. At the beginning of the season I figured the Dons would need this game just to be eligible.
Good luck and good health to both teams next week!

Reactions: Gene K. and eireog
And I think that's part of the reason why Rock saw this victory differently. Putting a Sophomore QB in there in that type of environment says a lot. Credit TK for making a very tough decision because I think the Junior QB has very good potential.

I know TO's are part of the game, but if this kid can throw when needed, run to his ability and turn the ball over not, I think this team can go very far.
Either one is gonna have to make a few big throws if they're gonna win it. Tough break for Johnson, know he works at it. Sports can be a humbling thing.

The bye week allowed Patrick O’Connor 2012 St. Rita grad and DE for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to be at the game last night.

The pie is a lock, and it will be one of the best you had this year. I’m not sure why, but although I see the Don winning it, I also believe Rita will make it a close game. So again, the pie is my lock for next week, but I don’t want to be reminded of my waffling prediction for the game should it turn out to be lopsided.

The pie is a lock, and it will be one of the best you had this year. I’m not sure why, but although I see the Don winning it, I also believe Rita will make it a close game. So again, the pie is my lock for next week, but I don’t want to be reminded of my waffling prediction for the game should it turn out to be lopsided.
The question is, is he doing Rosangela’s on 95th or Palermos? Both high-quality.

passing game needs major work, no receiving threats, brown moved to WR and got targeted every time. need to let #25 run more and move Brown around.
KB's two scholarship offers this week from Notre Dame and Michigan were to play WR. #25 Kyle James is a very good running back. Have both of them get touches in a drive will spread the defense.

The question is, is he doing Rosangela’s on 95th or Palermos? Both high-quality.
Prefer Palermo’s but Rosie’s is next up on the list. Milano’s after that. But when expanding boundaries to include V & N bounces Milano’s to 4th and in a class of its own is Luisa’s in Crestwood.

Prefer Palermo’s but Rosie’s is next up on the list. Milano’s after that. But when expanding boundaries to include V & N bounces Milano’s to 4th and in a class of its own is Luisa’s in Crestwood.

Because of that sweet "gravy" that I grew up on at 63rd and Hamlin, Palermo's has just a slight edge. However, Rosie's and especially Vito 'N' Nick's are just as good.

Reactions: Gene K.
Are guys who call other guys tough guys the real tough guys?
Depends. But that guy appears to have been making an attempt last night. He never was the sharpest knife, but seems off lately. I'm a concerned citizen.

But @RockSoup would prefer we not engage him as to not get the thread deleted, which is fair enough

Depends. But that guy appears to have been making an attempt last night. He never was the sharpest knife, but seems off lately. I'm a concerned citizen.

But @RockSoup would prefer we not engage him as to not get the thread deleted, which is fair enough
True, but please don’t stop being you in other threads, please. Highly enjoyable. I grab my popcorn and watch the master at work.

I say renew the JCA series, but try to schedule a "weaker" opponent in Week Two.
would prefer a cupcake week1, and a weak opponent week 2.....is 2020 CCL/ESCC conference schedule out there somewhere? I would like to see a local public on schedule in a perfect world (when not chasing 5 wins).....Hillcrest/Simeon/Phillips/Kenwood/Richards

would prefer a cupcake week1, and a weak opponent week 2.....is 2020 CCL/ESCC conference schedule out there somewhere? I would like to see a local public on schedule in a perfect world (when not chasing 5 wins).....Hillcrest/Simeon/Phillips/Kenwood/Richards
All conference schedules stay the same next year except flip the homefields. SR will have Loyola, Montini, PC at home and Mar North, Mar South, Benet and NND on the road.

I don’t know what the powers that be will do with the St. Joseph’s situation going forward but they don’t affect St. Rita’s conference schedule next year.

Top team goes up, bottom team goes down in each division after 2 years. Right now as it stands, NND would go to blue and Marist would go to green but a lot can change over the next 4 conference games (last one this year and the 3 next year)

I’m a huge fan of Palermo’s on 63rd. The sweet sauce is intoxicating. I’ve never been to the one on 95th. I’ve been to Vito and Nick’s often , I think I’m a bigger fan of the atmosphere than the pizza. I’m going to Rosangela’s Friday. I will conquer the south side pizza scene. So far.... Phil’s on 35th is my favorite. And the De guys celebrate!!

BTW ... if I’m taking pizza advice from folks south of the Chicago Mason-Dixon Line , it’s the Rita guys I’m looking to!! Go Rita Go!!

Reactions: RockSoup
if I try the beef I’ll still have a side pizza. I’m the kinda guy that eats the beef, and the pizza and the box or bag the pizza’s delivered in.

Put Tata's on your South Side list for pizza. You won't be disappointed.

Reactions: eireog
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT