ADVERTISEMENT

STN 37 - Palatine 34. Final

stl705

May 9, 2006
St Charles N Defense is stifling so far, have shut down RB Ball so far. 4th and 37 lol led to a FG, and now STN partially blocked a punt and had ball at midfield.

TD Pirates, their QB has been putting balls on money including TD pass.

STN trying to fight back, great drive but a penalty forces a FG at the 5 yd line. 27-20 Palatine.

Another drive stalled in red zone for STN but they convert on FG. STN Kicker is very good. Think they need to feed the big boy TE down there.

TD STN!! We’ve got a game here in Saint Charles! 30-27 STN. 10:34 left.

That was pathetic.. Plumb picked them apart...

He really didn't have great games against us prior, and there was nothing fancy they did..they just executed.
Plumb is a great QB and had an amazing game outside of one terrible decision on the INT. Is he seeing D1-Power 5 interest? First time I saw him but he’s big time. SCN will go far again in 7A.

Plumb QB, Furtney TE, and entire SCN team lived up to the bill. Ball lived up to the bill as did Palatine’s throwing QB and big play offense.

KPJasion - I didn’t think Palatine played pathetic, but SCN offense basically ran up the field most all game long. Palatine D was solid in red zone forcing FGs but not enough punts.

Plumb is a great QB and had an amazing game outside of one terrible decision on the INT. Is he seeing D1-Power 5 interest? First time I saw him but he’s big time. SCN will go far again in 7A.

Plumb QB, Furtney TE, and entire SCN team lived up to the bill. Ball lived up to the bill as did Palatine’s throwing QB and big play offense.

KPJasion - I didn’t think Palatine played pathetic, but SCN offense basically ran up the field most all game long. Palatine D was solid in red zone forcing FGs but not enough punts.
I didn’t think pathetic either by any means. SCN did what it had to do to win. Played the edges and bubbles. Took away the Pirates huge advantage on the lines. Palatine’s young corners were the factor. They struggled making tackles.

I didn’t think pathetic either by any means. SCN did what it had to do to win. Played the edges and bubbles. Took away the Pirates huge advantage on the lines. Palatine’s young corners were the factor. They struggled making tackles.
Agreed on the corners, 8 out of 11 on defense, including the entire DB core are juniors. That said, there's something I wish our coaches would have done. They ran those WR screens all night and the front receiver blocked our guys effectively. We've got two linebackers, Trey Widlowski and Kole Fager who are as fast as DBs and old school mean on the field. When they do that, the DB basically needs to blast the front WR back into the one catching the ball and mess up the play. I wish they'd shifted those guys outside and blown up enough plays that they would have stopped looking to it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT