ADVERTISEMENT

Benet 16 @ St. Rita 37 Final

Marica might not be happy but 27-3 in the second half vs a 6-1 team ain’t too shabby
Laurence, delasalle, marian, iggy, moline, Naperville north, and crushed by Loyola.
6-1 little less exciting when its laid out.

Laurence, delasalle, marian, iggy, moline, Naperville north, and crushed by Loyola.
6-1 little less exciting when its laid out.
That Laurence that beat Rice by 2 scores on the road?

Never said not happy. They win it, there will be a ring in my house.
Just saying that it may work out for them better being in 5a than 7a. Cause i dont think they're a 7a deep run team, unless the bracket set up really well.
Next week be a test. Nd only gave up 7 to Naz offense.

Reactions: RockSoup
My guess is you didn’t play football or have no idea what you are talking about. Dissing 5A is a real tough guy move. Keep it up.
From top to bottom is 5a as strong as 7a? I would say no so that would mean that 5a would be easier than winning 7a. Doesnt mean teams from 5a couldn't beat 7a teams.

Sitting at 1-3, a lot of people thought SR had a slim shot at making the playoffs with PC, Benet, and ND left on the schedule.

All they did was beat PC on the road by 3 tds and then Benet by 3 tds after losing a D1 WR/DB for the season.

Sorry, too happy and proud to be down!

I’m hoping this isn’t a rice guy talking garbage.

We just lost to st. Laurence and are banned from posting till after the Mt Carmel game.

Congrats on a solid win Rock.

Sounds like a Rice guy talking tough from those mean streets of 99th and Pulaski

Benet is average at best and I didnt think rita handled them like a top team should.
Rita has no passing game, granted with brown dont always need one. But haven't seen a glimpse of one all year. Eventually big time teams will handle the run, next week against nd defense be interesting.
passing game needs major work, no receiving threats, brown moved to WR and got targeted every time. need to let #25 run more and move Brown around.

passing game needs major work, no receiving threats, brown moved to WR and got targeted every time. need to let #25 run more and move Brown around.
You are correct and they did in the 2nd half

Sitting at 1-3, a lot of people thought SR had a slim shot at making the playoffs with PC, Benet, and ND left on the schedule.

All they did was beat PC on the road by 3 tds and then Benet by 3 tds after losing a D1 WR/DB for the season.

Agree. If Wilson comes back healthy, next year could be special

Junior QB throw a pass that got deflected and intercepted at the goal line and that was the end of his night.
if you have two QBs you have none! Soph is shifty as a runner, that 15yd scramble for a loss was ugly, should've thrown away

Wholeheartedly agree with this. I could be wrong, but I think all of Rita's opponents this year will make the playoffs? Yes, both Marian's are down but playoff bound, I think.

The young 'Stangs could have folded after the Montini debacle, but the coaching staff led by TK did not allow it to happen. Kudos to the coaching staff. If SR beats NND, that will say a lot because that is a solid team.

if you have two QBs you have none! Soph is shifty as a runner, that 15yd scramble for a loss was ugly, should've thrown away
And he also threw a 20yd TD dime on 4th and 7 with the game still hanging in the balance

I’m just sitting here wondering if I watched the same game as some of the other posters

The way I look at it is there is 1 more week to compete against fellow CCL members.

Then I’m all for CCL teams making deep runs in the playoffs. No need to down grade Rita if you re a rice fan. We don’t even play each other.

All should be rooting for each other in the end, until a matchup occurs, of course. We got JCA-Bronco-SR-SL in 5a. PC in 6a. MC-Naz-Benet in 7a and the Rambler-Don-BR-Marist in 8a. A nice blend here. Sorry if I missed anyone. Is the Marist-BR hate to strong to root for one another?

Well done Mustangs, looking forward to the rematch!

Reactions: RockSoup
All should be rooting for each other in the end, until a matchup occurs, of course. We got JCA-Bronco-SR-SL in 5a. PC in 6a. MC-Naz-Benet in 7a and the Rambler-Don-BR-Marist in 8a. A nice blend here. Sorry if I missed anyone. Is the Marist-BR hate to strong to root for one another?

100% accurate and yes. The rivalry is to strong to root for one another.

RS--how did the lines perform?
Tale of two halves. Benet flowed real well to the ball, kept containment and wrapped up. O-line gutted it out. D-line looked good in first half, great in 2nd half.

Benet scored their 2 TDS on two post patterns. 1st looked like a blown coverage and 2nd was a half back option that was well-executed. Benet QB throws a nice ball and is tough.

Reactions: Wittymoniker1
for bracket purposes would you rather be 5-4 or 6-3???? north/south bracket sucks

6-3 with a win at Carmel any day.

Play to win and beat the best teams not skate your way through the playoffs.

Then you end up playing Loyola in the state final and losing 38-0

Reactions: crusaderpride
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT