ADVERTISEMENT

Bears

Again, my apologies. I'll be sure to cancel my plans and stay home so I can be glued to my phone so I can provide up to the second analysis during the Super Bowl.

If you would have been with me last week you would have heard me say as they were lining up to go for it, "this is dumb, kick the FG."
I was thinking, maybe we can find a little common ground. Something I don't think I mentioned is the question of why Campbell went for it on those 4th downs. What exactly made him come up with those decisions? Was it his gut? Or, was it analytics? If it was his gut and what he was seeing, I have a problem second-guessing some of the choices. However, if this stuff was mostly analytics or totally analytics, then shame on him. If it's a combination of the two, then I am not sure I agree with that either.

There is an excellent article about this subject in today's USA Today. There are some quotes from Jimmy Johnson who thinks analytics should have a place for use. But overusing them is a risky game. Now, I do agree with that.

Johnson said, "It doesn't tell you the strength of your offense, the strength of the opponent. It doesn't give you the weather. It doesn't give you a lot of factors. It doesn't give you momentum. It doesn't give you the risk and the reward. And that's what I always said. It's a 70% positive to go for it on fourth down. But the risk is that you lose the game if you don't make it."

So, again, if Campbell based his decisions solely on analytics I don't agree. But if it was in his gut and what he was watching, it's a totally different discussion. The point is, if you're going to lose, lose your way instead of the way of analytics.

If you had yelled louder, maybe I would have heard you! 😄 😄
You might of heard me too. 😂🤣 My wife sure did.
I texted my son at halftime and said Detroit looks good but that miss FG is going to haunt them. He replied the 49ers are going to come back and win the game. He said book it! Crazy

This would be the most Bears move ever picking an inferior site purely because its the cheaper option. Also good for Arlington on standing their ground and not getting pushed around on the valuation.

This would be the most Bears move ever picking an inferior site purely because its the cheaper option. Also good for Arlington on standing their ground and not getting pushed around on the valuation.

Arlington Heights is just fine without the Bears… but IMO this would be one of the worst all time FUMBLES by AH for letting the Bears and all the tax dollars they would generate slip by.

I forgot who said it, but they said AH was in over their heads regarding the Bears. As of now, seems like that is dead nuts. What a mistake.

What’s the valuation on 326 acres not generating revenue? Ya other developers can come in, but what exactly is anyone proposing that could compete with a major stadium? There is nothing that i’ve heard or can think of. One Taylor Swift concert would generate more tax dollars for AH than that site will generate the next 5 years without the Bears.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K. and 4Afan
Arlington Heights is just fine without the Bears… but IMO this would be one of the worst all time FUMBLES by AH for letting the Bears and all the tax dollars they would generate slip by.

I forgot who said it, but they said AH was in over their heads regarding the Bears. As of now, seems like that is dead nuts. What a mistake.

What’s the valuation on 326 acres not generating revenue? Ya other developers can come in, but what exactly is anyone proposing that could compete with a major stadium? There is nothing that i’ve heard or can think of. One Taylor Swift concert would generate more tax dollars for AH than that site will generate the next 5 years without the Bears.
How is a new Chicago stadium getting built?
Is the city going to sell them land?
Are the Bears not going to own a new Chicago stadium?
Will they be able to have and own all the surrounding businesses in Chicago likely the would in AH?

I still think it’s more likely it’s in AH.
Meet in the middle in the valuation and move forward.

Not saying I agree just thought it was an interesting take. 😂

If we miss again on picking in this years draft!!! Well you know we’re already the laughing stock by the rest of the country. I mean it’s comical at this point.

Not saying I agree just thought it was an interesting take. 😂

If we miss again on picking in this years draft!!! Well you know we’re already the laughing stock by the rest of the country. I mean it’s comical at this point.
Except they didn't miss last year. You only think they did because you only value skill position players you've heard of from big schools as being good picks. The Bears 2023 draft class ranked 5th in the league after the season was over.

Getsy to the Raiders. Thought he’d never get another OC position. Wow

How can all of us think he was horrible and he got another OC job? He actually had several OC interviews elsewhere as well.

He must be well respected around the league

Getsy to the Raiders. Thought he’d never get another OC position. Wow

How can all of us think he was horrible and he got another OC job? He actually had several OC interviews elsewhere as well.

He must be well respected around the league
After Kingsbury fell through

Harbaugh said JJ McCarthy will be the 1st QB taken in the draft, so I am so excited that the Bears now have Justin Herbert as their QB next season!

Reactions: 4Afan
I don't know about you guys, but my Google "news" feed is full of hypothetical trade stories for Fields and/or the #1 pick. The more I read them, the more they feed me.

Full of stories as I am, allow me to regurgitate a little here. I would like to see the Bears keep Fields as the devil we know and trade the #1 pick to a team like Washington or New England that currently have the 2nd and 3rd picks, respectively,

The trade should result in giving the Bears a first round pick this year AND next year, plus a current starter and a handful of other picks in 2024 and 2025 (this is similar to what the Bears received last year from Carolina for the #1 pick). I like this strategy because:
1. both DC and NE need a QB
2. both will have new head coaches and new offensive coordinators next year
3. both would also have to give up a quality starter and a current second and/or 3rd round pick in the trade, This would limit the ability of those teams to move the needle substantially in 2024 in terms of where they finish in the standings.

That's a lot of new for teams that finished at 4-12 this year. If they were to play a rookie QB from the start next year, even one with huge potential like Williams, I think the likelihood that either team will improve substantially next year is slim, thereby setting up a potential repeat next year of the Bears getting the first (or top 5) pick of the draft from either of those two teams.

Poles did very well trading the top pick last year. I'd even entertain a double trade whereby the Bears trade the 2nd or 3rd pick they get from DC or NE for a similar, albeit slightly smaller, haul of picks this year and next. Assuming Poles can draft well, this could very well set the Bears up nicely for years to come. The keys, for me, are adding one more stud WR, bolstering the O-line (esp C and G), and improving the D line and LBs with a focus on generating more QB sacks and pressures.

I'll hang up and listen to your answers.

Last edited:
Reactions: MC63
I don't know about you guys, but my Google "news" feed is full of hypothetical trade stories for Fields and/or the #1 pick. The more I read them, the more they feed me.

Full of stories as I am, allow me to regurgitate a little here. I would like to see the Bears keep Fields as the devil we know and trade the #1 pick to a team like Washington or New England that currently have the 2nd and 3rd picks, respectively,

The trade should result in giving the Bears a first round pick this year AND next year, plus a current starter and a handful of other picks in 2024 and 2025 (this is similar to what the Bears got last year from Carolina for the #1 pick. I like this strategy because:
1. both DC and NE need a QB
2. both will have new head coaches and new offensive coordinators next year
3. both would also have to give up a current second and/or 3rd round pick in the trade, further limiting the influx of needle moving rookie talent

That's a lot of new for teams that finished at 4-12 this year. If they were to play a rookie QB from the start next year, even one with huge potential like Williams, I think the likelihood that either team will improve substantially next year is slim, thereby setting up a potential repeat next year of the Bears getting the first (or top 5) pick of the draft from either of those two teams.

Poles did very well trading the top pick last year. I'd even entertain a double trade whereby the Bears trade the 2nd or 3rd pick they get from DC or NE for a similar, albeit slightly smaller, haul of picks this year and next. Assuming Poles can draft well, this could very well set the Bears up nicely for years to come. The keys, for me, are adding one more stud WR, bolstering the O-line (esp C and G), and improving the D line and LBs with a focus on generating more QB sacks and pressures.

I'll hang up and listen to your answers.
Generally agree, but I’d like to see them trade to Washington or NE and get Harrison Jr. Then do all the other stuff you mentioned. I don’t think I’d like them to trade twice or out of the top 3.

Reactions: MC63
Except they didn't miss last year. You only think they did because you only value skill position players you've heard of from big schools as being good picks. The Bears 2023 draft class ranked 5th in the league after the season was over.
😂
You think we did good. Let’s see we just missed the playoffs again lost to the Packers again and it wasn’t close! I mean yes the Bears finished better that in the middle of the season, but hey they had absolutely nothing to lose. Look at where we are again. Fired the the OC and just about every other coach with the exception of the HC. Wow.
Sorry he is the captain of the ship! Well he certainly didn’t go down with the ship. No he acts like an ass yes man and will have no say who they bring in under him. That’s a joke that this fool can’t even see. Eberfool will be gone just not soon enough. The Bears will draft again and will do what they do. Make bonehead choices. Yeah I want talent instead of crap average players. Again we have a team full of average players and they want to add more average players by trading down. Other than a trade and acquiring DJ what did they do in the draft? Don’t talk about Sweat. He was a free agent and yes a good pick up. Let’s either keep Fields and surround him with talented impact players or trade. It’s the same joke as last year and we will watch like the rest of the country to see how they screw it up. I mean you can’t make this stuff up. How many times can the Chicago Bears screw the pooch. The entire country is watching and talking about how they will screw it up again this year. Carry on you two believers. 🤣

No Dr. we
Generally agree, but I’d like to see them trade to Washington or NE and get Harrison Jr. Then do all the other stuff you mentioned. I don’t think I’d like them to trade twice or out of the top 3.
We Can’t have that. The Bears don’t sign talent they trade it away to get a handful of average players. It’s what they do. Quantity instead of quality.

😂
You think we did good. Let’s see we just missed the playoffs again lost to the Packers again and it wasn’t close! I mean yes the Bears finished better that in the middle of the season, but hey they had absolutely nothing to lose. Look at where we are again. Fired the the OC and just about every other coach with the exception of the HC. Wow.
Sorry he is the captain of the ship! Well he certainly didn’t go down with the ship. No he acts like an ass yes man and will have no say who they bring in under him. That’s a joke that this fool can’t even see. Eberfool will be gone just not soon enough. The Bears will draft again and will do what they do. Make bonehead choices. Yeah I want talent instead of crap average players. Again we have a team full of average players and they want to add more average players by trading down. Other than a trade and acquiring DJ what did they do in the draft? Don’t talk about Sweat. He was a free agent and yes a good pick up. Let’s either keep Fields and surround him with talented impact players or trade. It’s the same joke as last year and we will watch like the rest of the country to see how they screw it up. I mean you can’t make this stuff up. How many times can the Chicago Bears screw the pooch. The entire country is watching and talking about how they will screw it up again this year. Carry on you two believers. 🤣
Sweat was a trade.

😂
The Bears won 3 games last year, they more than doubled that this year winning 7 games. I'm not sure what you expected out of this year, but it was successful and the playoffs were never realistic, but could have happened if not for Getsy's inability to finish a game.

Yes, they lost to the Packers in the last week of the season 17-9, the very next week that same Packers team put up 48 on the road in Dallas in the playoffs. Seems like the Bears D played well and held them down, but that's a good defensive performance and you only recognize "impact" players on offense.

You need to learn to accept that impact players exist in othet areas than QB, WR, and RB that played for colleges you randomly watched on Saturday's.

As far as the draft, why would I mention Sweat? He was a mid season trade. Again, the Bears had a really good draft last year, here's what I previously said since you missed it.

Wright OT round 1 - was one of the best RT's in the league as a rookie.
Dexter DL round 2 - started slow but finished with 2.5 sacks over the last 5 games
Stevenson CB round 2 - finished with 4 INT's as a rookie
Johnson RB round 4 - 500 total yards and 2 TD's without getting a start. With Foreman likely not being resigned he should get quite a few more touches next year.
Smith CB round 5 - 49 tackles in 12 games and graded as the 39th ranked CB out of 128.

Some how they Ranked 5th in the league without a WR, QB, or RB *gasp*. It's pretty unanimously agreed upon that people think the Bears fleeced the Panthers and also had a successful draft. If you don't see that then that's on you.

I don't think the Bears did a bad job last year with draft picks, signings and the trade for Sweat. But I just don't think Fields is the guy who can take the team where it needs to go from here. Just looking inward in the division we need to remember. Barring injuries, Green Bay and Detroit will both be formidable foes, and the we all know the Bears play both of them twice. I don't know if Cousins stays in Minnesota. But they were a much better team with him than without him last year.

To the people who are saying, "Let's surround Fields with good talent," I say this. It's like they are trying to hide Fields and his inadequate play and results by saying this. No QB is going to excel with crap talent around him. But by the same token, Fields isn't making anyone any better either.

I go back, again, to the Titans. I think they had a very good team when they were making the playoffs. But, I also felt they really didn't have the QB to get to the next level in Mariota and Tannehill. I see the same thing in Fields. Not completely awful. But he won't be the guy to get the team there.

In the end and it's all about getting to the SB and winning. Or at least to be deep in the playoff hunt for several seasons with a SB sprinkled in once in a while.

I don't think the Bears did a bad job last year with draft picks, signings and the trade for Sweat. But I just don't think Fields is the guy who can take the team where it needs to go from here. Just looking inward in the division we need to remember. Barring injuries, Green Bay and Detroit will both be formidable foes, and the we all know the Bears play both of them twice. I don't know if Cousins stays in Minnesota. But they were a much better team with him than without him last year.

To the people who are saying, "Let's surround Fields with good talent," I say this. It's like they are trying to hide Fields and his inadequate play and results by saying this. No QB is going to excel with crap talent around him. But by the same token, Fields isn't making anyone any better either.

I go back, again, to the Titans. I think they had a very good team when they were making the playoffs. But, I also felt they really didn't have the QB to get to the next level in Mariota and Tannehill. I see the same thing in Fields. Not completely awful. But he won't be the guy to get the team there.

In the end and it's all about getting to the SB and winning. Or at least to be deep in the playoff hunt for several seasons with a SB sprinkled in once in a while.

I think they also are certainly taking into consideration the cost certainty they get with a rookie QB contract for 4 more years. If Williams floor is as high as people say it is. it's a no brainer.

I wanted Fields to finally be the guy so bad and I think he ends up being pretty good but they have a chance to possibly get great.

I think they also are certainly taking into consideration the cost certainty they get with a rookie QB contract for 4 more years. If Williams floor is as high as people say it is. it's a no brainer.

I wanted Fields to finally be the guy so bad and I think he ends up being pretty good but they have a chance to possibly get great.
And you know as well as I do, if Poles doesn't draft Williams and he turns out to be another CJ Stroud, the Bears are screwed and so is Poles.

Reactions: corey90
No Dr. we

We Can’t have that. The Bears don’t sign talent they trade it away to get a handful of average players. It’s what they do. Quantity instead of quality.
You can't blame Poles for mistakes that Pace and his predecessors made.

Poles has had one draft. Prior to it, he traded the number one pick and got what turned out to be a stud WR, plus Carolina's #9 pick in 2023, which he traded to the Eagles for their 10th pick plus a 4th round pick in 2024. That 10th pick turned out to be Darnell Wright, who graded out pretty well this year and was a positive addition to the OL. The Bears would have taken Wright at #9, so they basically picked up a free 4th round pick, In that same Carolina trade, Poles also got what turned out to be the #1 pick in the 2024 draft plus a few other picks. I'll take those kinds of trade down results all day, every day.

And you know as well as I do, if Poles doesn't draft Williams and he turns out to be another CJ Stroud, the Bears are screwed and so is Poles.
Agree and that's why they will take him. However, last year Stroud wasn't even the clear number 1 and is now clearly the best QB of that class. While Williams could be Stroud, he could also be Bryce Young and there's no way to know.

Penix or Daniels could end up being this year's big prize for all anyone knows. Just like Mahomes or Stroud, often the clear best pro isn't clear at draft time.

In the last 30 years only Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck were the clear, obvious choice that panned out. If the Bears take Williams, I hope he joins them.

But it is equally or more likely that Penix, Daniels, Maye, or McCarthy end up being the best of this class. And if they take Williams and one of those guys is better than him, then that will be a waste of the number one pick. So they better have conviction that whoever they use for 1-1 is worth that pick.

Agree and that's why they will take him. However, last year Stroud wasn't even the clear number 1 and is now clearly the best QB of that class. While Williams could be Stroud, he could also be Bryce Young and there's no way to know.

Penix or Daniels could end up being this year's big prize for all anyone knows. Just like Mahomes or Stroud, often the clear best pro isn't clear at draft time.

In the last 30 years only Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck were the clear, obvious choice that panned out. If the Bears take Williams, I hope he joins them.

But it is equally or more likely that Penix, Daniels, Maye, or McCarthy end up being the best of this class. And if they take Williams and one of those guys is better than him, then that will be a waste of the number one pick. So they better have conviction that whoever they use for 1-1 is worth that pick.
Joe Burrows, Eli Manning, Mattew Stafford I would say were clear #1s.

Joe Burrows, Eli Manning, Mattew Stafford I would say were clear #1s.
Maybe. But if you are talking about consensus number one choice leading up to the draft and then that pick went out and proved they were the right choice with absolutely no questions, I think the list is shorter than that.

While Manning was the right choice for the Giants (by way of trade) you could easily argue Roethlisberger had the better career. Even Rivers was more gifted, but lacked the talent around him that Eli had. Kind of a Marino vs Elway scenario. The Giants got the right guy for their system and roster, but I think he was likely the second or third best QB in that class.

And Burrow's draft class is still to be determined. If Tua or Herbert can put a few full seasons together with playoff runs, they could rival and surpass Burrow.

I can grant you Stafford clearly won his draft class, but the next three off the board that year were Mark Sanchez, Josh Freeman, and Pat White. So in terms of quarterbacks, that is an all timer class in terms of lack of depth. Peyton's 98 class was similar in awful depth though, so I suppose you can include Stafford in the list even if I am sure everyone is hopeful that this draft class will have at least 3-4 QB's who can match or best Stafford's 2 Pro Bowl selections.

So I feel it's fair to say Peyton, Luck, and perhaps Burrow in a few years were the home runs that ended up working out as the no questions asked best choice.

Last edited:
You can't blame Poles for mistakes that Pace and his predecessors made.

Poles has had one draft. Prior to it, he traded the number one pick and got what turned out to be a stud WR, plus Carolina's #9 pick in 2023, which he traded to the Eagles for their 10th pick plus a 4th round pick in 2024. That 10th pick turned out to be Darnell Wright, who graded out pretty well this year and was a positive addition to the OL. The Bears would have taken Wright at #9, so they basically picked up a free 4th round pick, In that same Carolina trade, Poles also got what turned out to be the #1 pick in the 2024 draft plus a few other picks. I'll take those kinds of trade down results all day, every day.
Poles has had 2 drafts. He was hired in 2022 so he had 2022 and 2023 drafts so far. 2022 was Gordon, Brisker, and Jones.

Maybe. But if you are talking about consensus number one choice leading up to the draft and then that pick went out and proved they were the right choice with absolutely no questions, I think the list is shorter than that.

While Manning was the right choice for the Giants (by way of trade) you could easily argue Roethlisberger had the better career. Even Rivers was more gifted, but lacked the talent around him that Eli had. Kind of a Marino vs Elway scenario. The Giants got the right guy for their system and roster, but I think he was likely the second or third best QB in that class.

And Burrow's draft class is still to be determined. If Tua or Herbert can put a few full seasons together with playoff runs, they could rival and surpass Burrow.

I can grant you Stafford clearly won his draft class, but the next three off the board that year were Mark Sanchez, Josh Freeman, and Pat White. So in terms of quarterbacks, that is an all timer class in terms of lack of depth. Peyton's 98 class was similar in awful depth though, so I suppose you can include Stafford in the list even if I am sure everyone is hopeful that this draft class will have at least 3-4 QB's who can match or best Stafford's 2 Pro Bowl selections.

So I feel it's fair to say Peyton, Luck, and perhaps Burrow in a few years were the home runs that ended up working out as the no questions asked best choice.
I won't argue much with that other than I would put Burrow there even right now in his career. What other QB other than Mahomes would you want instead of him?

Disagree.

If Poles trades the #1 and if Williams turns out to be better than Stroud, I don't think you can make that claim until after the full impact of the trade is taken into consideration. What if Williams is a stud but DC or NE can't protect him or if his receivers run crap routes? What if the Bears are able to pick well this year (and next) with the slew of picks they will get in the trade? The Bears have an amazing opportunity to build a talented young team over the next few seasons, which I think is preferable over
Poles has had 2 drafts. He was hired in 2022 so he had 2022 and 2023 drafts so far. 2022 was Gordon, Brisker, and Jones.
My bad. Time flies

I agree with just about everything you said here. IMO the Bears could have done better in the draft. We traded away a couple high picks and walked away with an offensive lineman and a receiver with 10 picks. I expect more and so should Bears fans.
We have the #1 and #9 this year. Can we get a few impact talented players this time.

I agree with just about everything you said here. IMO the Bears could have done better in the draft. We traded away a couple high picks and walked away with an offensive lineman and a receiver with 10 picks. I expect more and so should Bears fans.
We have the #1 and #9 this year. Can we get a few impact talented players this time.
Most Bears fans were pleased with the draft last year, you're in the minority. You just want the shiny new penny that all the media gushes about whether they're who the Bears actually need or not.

All you care about is QB, WR, and RB, but how can any of those "impact" positions be successful without a good O line?

In last year's first round who would you have had the Bears draft? They were never going to take a QB, so in your eyes that leaves impact positions of WR and RB. There were 2 RBs and 4 WRs taken in round 1. The first WR wasn't selected until pick 20. Would you have wanted the Bears to take Jackson Smith-Njigba, the first WR taken, at pick #9? Seems like that would have been a bit of a stretch.

Impact players are different for each team's needs and are not exclusive to certain positions. Will Anderson, a LB, was taken at #3 and has had a hell of an impact for Houston, Devon Witherspoon, a CB, taken at #5 has had a hell of an impact for Seattle, and Wright for the Bears, taken at #10 has had an impact for his team.

You say impact players is all that matters, but only 9 "impact" players in your eyes were taken in round 1 last year and 3 of those were QBs who the Bears were not going to draft so that brings it down to 6 "impact" players taken in round 1 that the Bears may have drafted out of 31 total picks (the Dolphins forfeited their pick). So who should they have over reached for at taken at #9?

In total there were 65, what you deem impact players, taken in the draft last year out of 259 total picks, or only 25%, meanwhile 86 OL and DL, or 33% were taken. Seems like NFL teams think that the linemen have more of an impact.

Reactions: doctor_d
No Dr. we

You continue to have some really bizarre takes. It seems like you want the Bears to only sign marquee players and get guys off the street to fill out the roster. Give away draft picks for “big name” guys. That’s what Pace did. He sucked and he ruined the Bears roster, which is why Poles needs to rebuild it. I think outside of the Claypool trade, Poles has done a tremendous job. The trade down with Carolina last year was one of the biggest trade steals I can remember. He absolutely pantsed them.

Most Bears fans were pleased with the draft last year, you're in the minority. You just want the shiny new penny that all the media gushes about whether they're who the Bears actually need or not.

All you care about is QB, WR, and RB, but how can any of those "impact" positions be successful without a good O line?

In last year's first round who would you have had the Bears draft? They were never going to take a QB, so in your eyes that leaves impact positions of WR and RB. There were 2 RBs and 4 WRs taken in round 1. The first WR wasn't selected until pick 20. Would you have wanted the Bears to take Jackson Smith-Njigba, the first WR taken, at pick #9? Seems like that would have been a bit of a stretch.

Impact players are different for each team's needs and are not exclusive to certain positions. Will Anderson, a LB, was taken at #3 and has had a hell of an impact for Houston, Devon Witherspoon, a CB, taken at #5 has had a hell of an impact for Seattle, and Wright for the Bears, taken at #10 has had an impact for his team.

You say impact players is all that matters, but only 9 "impact" players in your eyes were taken in round 1 last year and 3 of those were QBs who the Bears were not going to draft so that brings it down to 6 "impact" players taken in round 1 that the Bears may have drafted out of 31 total picks (the Dolphins forfeited their pick). So who should they have over reached for at taken at #9?

In total there were 65, what you deem impact players, taken in the draft last year out of 259 total picks, or only 25%, meanwhile 86 OL and DL, or 33% were taken. Seems like NFL teams think that the linemen have more of an impact.
4Afan
You have know idea what your talking about. You don’t know what a team needs or what an impact player is. I would have been happy with Anderson on defense or Carter. We passed on both. You put words in peoples mouth as if you know. It’s not the first time I have seen you accuse others here when they have a different opinion than yours. You can drink the Bears cool aid and we can watch and see how it pans out. I like my odds that we will be talking about the say crap after next season.

• Haha
Reactions: Wassup13 and 4Afan
4Afan
You have know idea what your talking about. You don’t know what a team needs or what an impact player is. I would have been happy with Anderson on defense or Carter. We passed on both. You put words in peoples mouth as if you know. It’s not the first time I have seen you accuse others here when they have a different opinion than yours. You can drink the Bears cool aid and we can watch and see how it pans out. I like my odds that we will be talking about the say crap after next season.
I put no words in your mouth and I encourage discussions with those thst have differing opinions than mine, but you have made it very clear multiple times what you think an impact player is and as you can see others have backed me up.

How much college football do you watch? I would be happy to discuss prospects throughout the year. Lately you've been high on Odunze for the Bears, but I don't remember you mentioning him in October.

The Bears passed on Anderson because their two big free agent signings were LBs so it wasn't a need in the draft. Carter had a great season but he wouldn't have been the same guy on the Bears because there was no one else around him so other teams would have double teamed him every game and people like you would have labeled him a bust. In Philly he had a veteran in Fletcher Cox to help him develop and a college teammate in Jordan Davis around him so it was easier for him to succeed in that situation. This is why different positions are labeled as "impact" for different teams based on need.

I very much know what the Bears need, a WR, and Edge rusher, a Center, a Safety, a DT, and OL depth. As it stands the Bears only have 6 draft picks so they're going to need to trade back for more picks or address some of those needs in free agency, which I have no problem with. Should the Bears decide to stick with Fields and trade the top pick they could draft Odunze at #9 or sign a guy like Tee Higgins and use the #9 pick on an edge like Turner or Verse.

I saw one mock draft that had a situation similar to this that would make your head explode where the Bears traded back and took Alt at #9 and Verse at #13, I believe.

I put no words in your mouth and I encourage discussions with those thst have differing opinions than mine, but you have made it very clear multiple times what you think an impact player is and as you can see others have backed me up.

How much college football do you watch? I would be happy to discuss prospects throughout the year. Lately you've been high on Odunze for the Bears, but I don't remember you mentioning him in October.

The Bears passed on Anderson because their two big free agent signings were LBs so it wasn't a need in the draft. Carter had a great season but he wouldn't have been the same guy on the Bears because there was no one else around him so other teams would have double teamed him every game and people like you would have labeled him a bust. In Philly he had a veteran in Fletcher Cox to help him develop and a college teammate in Jordan Davis around him so it was easier for him to succeed in that situation. This is why different positions are labeled as "impact" for different teams based on need.

I very much know what the Bears need, a WR, and Edge rusher, a Center, a Safety, a DT, and OL depth. As it stands the Bears only have 6 draft picks so they're going to need to trade back for more picks or address some of those needs in free agency, which I have no problem with. Should the Bears decide to stick with Fields and trade the top pick they could draft Odunze at #9 or sign a guy like Tee Higgins and use the #9 pick on an edge like Turner or Verse.

I saw one mock draft that had a situation similar to this that would make your head explode where the Bears traded back and took Alt at #9 and Verse at #13, I believe.
I think in the end we both want the Bears to improve how they go about doing that we shall see. I don’t care what impact players they get but I hope they get a couple because if they trade down yes they may get more picks but it comes at a cost. Yes they will have more picks and might strike gold with a lower round pick but it’s luck at that point. I will say again because it is worth repeating. The Bears have a bunch of average NFL players already and they play like average players and an average team. We may not agree on how the Bears pick in this draft but if the Bears improve will both be happy. Let’s see how they mess this up, because it’s in their DNA.
By the way why do you think Poles kept Eberflus?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT