ADVERTISEMENT

Bears

Waldron to be Bears new OC.
Don't hate it, but I wanted Kubiak. Will be nice to have someone who has actually called plays before. Plus he made a Pro Bowler out of what most people thought was a washed up Geno Smith.

Good hire for a long reasons. He has a long track record beyond Seattle - Belichek among them. I’d he brings Olson with him this will be a dynamite hire.

Continue to build this thing and hit more than you miss.

Eberflus will still call the defense so no matter who it is, it will be DC in title only.
Eberflus
Is a joke. He has absolutely no power. Poles has really made that clear. At this point Eberjoke is a puppet that had better be a yes man if he wants to stay.

Eberflus
Is a joke. He has absolutely no power. Poles has really made that clear. At this point Eberjoke is a puppet that had better be a yes man if he wants to stay.
He made huge improvements through the year on defense, but ok.

Reactions: RockSoup
Don't hate it, but I wanted Kubiak. Will be nice to have someone who has actually called plays before. Plus he made a Pro Bowler out of what most people thought was a washed up Geno Smith.

What other QBs has he worked with?

Geno Smith does not move any needle for me.

Reactions: RockSoup
Worker under McVay and was with the Rams when Goff was there and was in NE with Brady.
It was nice to hear on the Score when Parkins interviewed the Seattle radio host and the producers pulled up the personnel package numbers. Waldron used 13pp 2nd most in league, McVay rarely used it. So hopefully it was Waldron giving in to Carroll’s conservative approach rather than Waldron forgetting how McVay uses non heavy personnel while still excelling in running the ball.

Seattle's offense ranked 17th in points per game (21.4) and 21st in yards per game (322.9) in 2023. The Bears were 18th (21.2) and 20th (323.2) in those categories, respectively.

It was nice to hear on the Score when Parkins interviewed the Seattle radio host and the producers pulled up the personnel package numbers. Waldron used 13pp 2nd most in league, McVay rarely used it. So hopefully it was Waldron giving in to Carroll’s conservative approach rather than Waldron forgetting how McVay uses non heavy personnel while still excelling in running the ball.
Seattle ranked 6th in pass play percentage.

No a good hire in my opinion, They wanted him out of Seattle. The Bears offense was just a notch better than Seattles. Another 6 win season.
Who wanted him out of Seattle? The fans? Oh, OK. Bleeping Geno Smith threw for 4,200 yards in 2022. GENO SMITH!

Reactions: 4Afan
Does this hire make you think they are going to keep Fields? There was so much comparison to how Geno Smith flourished when he found a system that worked for him....well now we got the guy who helped him flourish....when Kinsbury name was floated last week I thought the needle was pointing towards Williams but now I'm not sure.

Does this hire make you think they are going to keep Fields? There was so much comparison to how Geno Smith flourished when he found a system that worked for him....well now we got the guy who helped him flourish....when Kinsbury name was floated last week I thought the needle was pointing towards Williams but now I'm not sure.
I don’t think so, I think it’s purely if Poles thinks Williams is going to be a star.

Last edited:
They won 7 games last year…
But seriously what metric are you using to say Bears O was better than SEA…honest question.
Team offensive stat wise the Bears and Seahawks were virtually same but the Bears strength schedule was significantly harder (8th vs 16th).

The Seahawks scored 364 points for the season last year. The Bears scored 360. I am not seeing that they have improved anything.
Just to add context to this, the Seahawks also had a tougher strength of schedule. Their opponents finish 148-141 and the Bears opponents finished with a record of 134-155.

The Seahawks and Bears had 5 common opponents (Lions, Browns, Cards, Panthers, Redskins) and the Seahawks scored a combined 148 points in those games. The Bears scored 128 points against those same teams, or 29.6-25.6 points/game.

Reactions: Alexander32
Why can't the Bears get a coach like Dan Campbell ? Someone the players just love to play for. Seems like he just loves the game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT