ADVERTISEMENT

Bears

Pitiful. Sorry guys. Fields has to go or we'll be having some of the same conversations next year.

How many times do you have to pick a first round QB and a few years later draft another in the first round? The cycle never ends with the Bears.

I dont like any QBs in this QB draft class. The Bears need to start drafting QBs regularly in the 3rd or 4th round because they don't know what they are doing when picking first round QB draft picks.

Wassup, I am not disagreeing with what you're saying here. I am just saying Fields isn't the guy to take them where they want and need to go. That team isn't going to win anything of substance with Fields at QB. That is unless the defense scores a TD in just about every game and creates at least two turnovers a game. I said earlier in this season I have seen enough with Fields and today did nothing to change that. And to those who are saying, "well, he's improving" I would say when you're at the bottom of the barrel, the only direction is up. Has he gotten better? Sure. Is he good enough to keep and pin hopes on? Nope.

And that 46.5 QB rating Fields had isn't going to beat any team
The ratings is pretty different if the tight end doesn’t drop the ball in the first quarter, if the Hail Mary interception at the end of the first half is wiped off the slate because it should have been a late hit and the ball hit the ground and if you wipe of the interception on the Hail Mary at the end of the game. Fields really should have had 0 interceptions again.

But he still has his flaws. Had Moore wide open on the fourth down play to open the 4th quarter.

How come Brisker has to clean up for our linebackers with 15 tackles in a game.

I'm just saying just draft one because as a current group their at best average.
Thank god you're not a GM. Bears do not and should not draft an LB.

Bears didn't draft Carter, let it go man. OL was a higher priority and Wright has been great. Carter joined an Eagles line that already had established talent the Bears didn't have. And how has that Eagles defense looked the last few weeks?

How many times do you have to pick a first round QB and a few years later draft another in the first round? The cycle never ends with the Bears.

I dont like any QBs in this QB draft class. The Bears need to start drafting QBs regularly in the 3rd or 4th round because they don't know what they are doing when picking first round QB draft picks.
Rated as one of the better QB draft classes top to bottom in the last 5 years and you don't like any of them? So are you just going to spend time looking for the next Jalen Carter?

Fields made mistakes and he made some good throws today. The drops are a bitch but the happen, unfortunately. I don't get why the coaches are getting a free pass here. Today, first Detroit game, and Denver the Bears had at least 2 score leads in the 4th quarter and lost. They went way to conservative on both sides of the ball and that's what cost them. They had 3 INTs and 3 or 4 sacks but then they default to prevent defense at the end which just prevents you from winning.

Fields is at his best on the move and I don't think they rolled him out more than 3 or 4 times. I'm convinced Getsy is still on the Packers payroll.

Franchise tag Fields and fire the coaching staff.

Reactions: kkhawk
Rated as one of the better QB draft classes top to bottom in the last 5 years and you don't like any of them? So are you just going to spend time looking for the next Jalen Carter?

Go out on a limb then and pick one now on the board you like.

Go out on a limb then and pick one now on the board you like.
Easy. Penix. If Bears trade back with the top pick and can get the Pats, for example, 2nd round pick Penix should be there at the top of the 2nd round.

Easy. Penix. If Bears trade back with the top pick and can get the Pats, for example, 2nd round pick Penix should be there at the top of the 2nd round.

Penix is not a legit starting NFL QB.

He is a good college QB but won't be a NFL starter for long.

Reactions: forlouann
Didn’t they just spend big on LB? If they give fields a new contact it will eat up half the cap space that they have. If they trade him and take a qb then they have more time back on a cap friendly salary.
They can play Fields on his rookie contract next year and then the option to franchise tag him not once but twice. OR they can exercise their 5th year option and then after that season they choose to franchise him not once but twice OR he shows out next year and you extend him. He is not that big of a detriment to the future cap space of the team. If you lose him you lose the locker room. Look at the QB play around the NFL. Injuries aside, the last few years have been the worst QB play the league has seen, especially in a time where all the rules favor the offense. Fields is currently better than a solid chunk of starting QBs and many teams would gladly sign him. The Bears have a nice roster and are in a tremendous position (draft + financially) to continue to build. They would be fools to start it all over with a rookie QB. I can only assume the people that are anti JF1 either A.) Don’t like him as a person B.) Are so jaded from decades of torture by this franchise that I understand their pessimism C.) guys who look at box scores and shout at the clouds D.) Really big fans of Caleb or Maye.

Reactions: doctor_d and 4Afan
I think Flus is coming back but Getsy is probably getting fired. Kellen Moore will be the hot OC name since he won’t be retained by whoever takes over for the Chargers. Moore would surely be an improvement over Getsy but look how well Dallas is doing this year without him? Idk if I like him as the next OC but that is where I see this heading for the staff changes next year.

Personnel wise, I think Jaylon is coming back on either an extension or a tag. Sadly I think Mooney may be gone but I bet he will then go ball out with the Chiefs.

Everyone here is just proving what a week to week league this is. The Bears win the last 2 weeks and it's crickets on this thread, they lose today and everyone is back to jumping off the bridge.

The biggest issue the Bears have is the coaching. Poles is doing a nice job of building this team for long term success without financially crippling them. Flus is a great defensive mind but not a head coach and Getsy is inept. Surprisingly the Bears are one of the best teams in the league on their first drive of the game but then Getsy poops doen his leg when he has to make calls on the fly and make adjustments versus a scripted drive the team has practiced all week.

Fields made mistakes and he made some good throws today. The drops are a bitch but the happen, unfortunately. I don't get why the coaches are getting a free pass here. Today, first Detroit game, and Denver the Bears had at least 2 score leads in the 4th quarter and lost. They went way to conservative on both sides of the ball and that's what cost them. They had 3 INTs and 3 or 4 sacks but then they default to prevent defense at the end which just prevents you from winning.

Fields is at his best on the move and I don't think they rolled him out more than 3 or 4 times. I'm convinced Getsy is still on the Packers payroll.

Franchise tag Fields and fire the coaching staff.
Getsy appears to be the biggest issue. Our play calling with a lead in the fourth is so frustrating.

Unfortunately it’s looking like Fields will have new play caller again next year.

Reactions: MsDavis10
I think Fields is another example showing that a great athlete doesn’t equate to a great or even proficient NFL quarterback. It’s more about what’s between the ears and instincts than athletic ability. Time to turn the page.

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
I think Fields is another example showing that a great athlete doesn’t equate to a great or even proficient NFL quarterback. It’s more about what’s between the ears and instincts than athletic ability. Time to turn the page.
Stupid Justin making a perfect thrown after getting out of trouble only to hit his TE in the hands.

Reactions: corey90
Stupid Justin making a perfect thrown after getting out of trouble only to hit his TE in the hands.
He has his moments and I think he’s a great athlete but I don’t feel the leadership. Maybe it’s just a crappy system that doesn’t allow QB’s to thrive.

If his TE catches a perfect ball Bears win.
I think it’s more the latter.
No guarantee he scores even if he makes that catch, which he absolutely should have made.

Why is no one talking about Flus passing on a FG attempt at the end of the half or when they went for it on 4th when Fields got shoe string tackled? They knew they were going against the leagues best defense and points would be at a premium so you gotta take the points. I know the kick at the end of the half would have been 55-56 yards but if they miss who cares, the half is over. The other one would have been about 48 yards. They have a good kicker, use him.

Who was the last QB coming out of college with high expectations to lead a team to a Super Bowl and succeed? I don’t know really. Burrow? Seems like it’s a roll of the dice. I actually like Fields but maybe he’s just not the guy but then again, maybe the Bears just aren’t the team.

Who was the last QB coming out of college with high expectations to lead a team to a Super Bowl and succeed? I don’t know really. Burrow? Seems like it’s a roll of the dice. I actually like Fields but maybe he’s just not the guy but then again, maybe the Bears just aren’t the team.
Seems like an unfair benchmark considering Brady and Mahomes are responsible for 6 out of the last 10 Super Bowl wins. There's been 57 Super Bowls, but only 34 different quarterbacks have won Super Bowls. If that is your be all, end all for a successful QB then you're setting up whoever you draft for failure from the start.

A great QB is obviously a huge benefit but it takes far more than that to win a Super Bowl. In just about every Super Bowl Tom Brady won they also had a top 10 defense.

Fields may not he the guy but the definitive proof for me that it's the coaching is the Bengals current situation. Burrow goes down and one could argue they've played better with Browning the last few weeks. Does that mean he's better than Burrow? Absolutely not. It means that the coaches changed the play calling to suit Brownings game, something Getsy will never comprehend.

No guarantee he scores even if he makes that catch, which he absolutely should have made.

Why is no one talking about Flus passing on a FG attempt at the end of the half or when they went for it on 4th when Fields got shoe string tackled? They knew they were going against the leagues best defense and points would be at a premium so you gotta take the points. I know the kick at the end of the half would have been 55-56 yards but if they miss who cares, the half is over. The other one would have been about 48 yards. They have a good kicker, use him.
Fair it’s not 100% he scores but he has to make that catch.
Cut your PR that can’t catch a punt…only reason he has a roster spot

Fair it’s not 100% he scores but he has to make that catch.
Cut your PR that can’t catch a punt…only reason he has a roster spot
Agree, I'll take anyone who can catch the ball returning kicks but Bears also got an INT two plays later so that had no effect on the game.

Maybe I put too much weight on the QB. Again I like Fields but I don’t see him leading the Bears. Hell, I don’t know who can lead them really. We all feel like they should contend but the last great team was 38 years ago. Many are still living in 85 but that was two generations ago. Chicago deserves better.

Last edited:
Maybe I put too much weight on the QB. Again I like Fields but I don’t see him leading the Bears. Hell, I don’t know who can lead them really. We all feel like they should contend but the last great team was 38 years ago. Many are still living in 85 but that was a generation ago. Chicago deserves better.
So the '06 Bears didn't happen in your mind? The Bears have been to 2 Super Bowls and have not had a great QB for either. Build an elite defense and just a competent offense and success will follow.

People need to back off the ledge and have patience. The Bears will be favored in their next two games against Arizona and Atlanta which would get them to 7 wins and if they can beat the Packers in the last week they would finish 8-9. That would be almost triple their wins from last year. Another successful off-season and they're playoff contenders next year. The rebuild is working. Look at the Texans and Jags. These things take time but given time, the process works.

Bears draft Harrison Jr. and either the OT from PSU or ND next year and pick up an Edge rusher, I'm thinking Sweat's buddy Chase from DC to go with their young DT's and find a safety to replace Jackson in free agency along with extending Jalen Johnson and the defense will be top 10 and Fields will have DJ, Harrison, and Kmet to throw to along with an already top run game.

Reactions: lweastdad
So the '06 Bears didn't happen in your mind? The Bears have been to 2 Super Bowls and have not had a great QB for either. Build an elite defense and just a competent offense and success will follow.

People need to back off the ledge and have patience. The Bears will be favored in their next two games against Arizona and Atlanta which would get them to 7 wins and if they can beat the Packers in the last week they would finish 8-9. That would be almost triple their wins from last year. Another successful off-season and they're playoff contenders next year. The rebuild is working. Look at the Texans and Jags. These things take time but given time, the process works.

Bears draft Harrison Jr. and either the OT from PSU or ND next year and pick up an Edge rusher, I'm thinking Sweat's buddy Chase from DC to go with their young DT's and find a safety to replace Jackson in free agency along with extending Jalen Johnson and the defense will be top 10 and Fields will have DJ, Harrison, and Kmet to throw to along with an already top run game.
No, an appearance every 20 years with no championship for 38 years puts them with every other mediocre team in the league. I’m not impressed for a supposed storied program. I’m not even a Bears fan and I don’t understand how some can be satisfied with that.

No, an appearance every 20 years with no championship for 38 years puts them with every other mediocre team in the league. I’m not impressed for a supposed storied program.
Won't be truly elite until Virginia dies and they sell the team. While George Halas is one of the founders of the league, his daughter and grandchildren don't know how to run a football team any more than they know how to run a Dairy Queen. To be really successful you need an owner with an ego who hates to lose and wants to rub the other owners nose in his success and there'svery few of those in the NFL. It would be a small disappointment to see the franchise leave the founding family for the first time, but if someone like Jeff Bezos or Mark Cuban came in and bought the team I'd do back flips.

Green Bay, also a storied franchise and the Bears biggest rival, have only been to 3 Super Bowls since Super Bowl 2 and they've had two generational QB's but Favre and Rodgers have combined for only one more championship than the Bears have. So are they a failure of an organization too? Aaron Rodgers has been to the same amount of Super Bowls as Rex Grossman, think about that and tell me a great QB is all you need.

Last edited:
Reactions: doctor_d
Won't be truly elite until Virginia dies and they sell the team. While George Halas is one of the founders of the league, his daughter and grandchildren don't know how to run a football team any more than they know how to run a Dairy Queen. To be really successful you need an owner with an ego who hates to lose and wants to rub the other owners nose in his success and there'svery few of those in the NFL. It would be a small disappointment to see the franchise leave the founding family for the first time, but if someone like Jeff Bezos or Mark Cuban came in and bought the team I'd do back flips.

Green Bay, also a storied franchise and the Bears biggest rival, have only been to 3 Super Bowls since Super Bowl 2 and they've had two generational QB's but Favre and Rodgers have combined for only one more championship than the Bears have. So are they a failure of an organization too? Aaron Rodgers has been to the same amount of Super Bowls as Rex Grossman, think about that and tell me a great QB is all you need.
I’m sure the fans don’t expect a Super Bowl every year but wins make fans happy. The Bears have had 4 seasons since 2006 with more wins than losses. Winning a championship is like catching lightning in a bottle. Ask the White Sox. You’re right, management has to go as losing consistently is unacceptable.

Reactions: 4Afan
I’m sure the fans don’t expect a Super Bowl every year but wins make fans happy. The Bears have had 4 seasons since 2006 with more wins than losses. Winning a championship is like catching lightning in a bottle. Ask the White Sox. You’re right, management has to go as losing consistently is unacceptable.
Agree, and I think their on the right path. Poles is building the team through the draft and spending free agent money smartly and not just spending to spend because they have money.

As I said earier, rebuilds take time, they don't happen overnight, and the Bears SHOULD end up with 7 wins and possibly 8 if they can beat Green Bay. To go from 3 wins to 8 wins and still have the inside shot to get the #1 pick that's a successful year and a good start to sustained success.

I hope if the Bears are dumb enough to draft Caleb or Drake, that Justin goes to Washington and hooks up with Bienemy........he will know how to coach him and build an offense to bring out the best in him and he comes back and cooks the Bears.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT