ADVERTISEMENT

Bears

I missed most of the game. Been on night shift and I wasn’t gonna sacrifice sleep to watch that hot mess.
I just saw the box score had 3 picks and two lost fumbles. One by Moore. 4 turnovers for Bagent. Minus 5 turnover ratio overall? That’s pretty terrible.

I only saw the last minute or two of the 1st half. I wasn't going to waste the good weather and felt it was more exciting to be outside raking and blowing leaves. I did, however, see most of the second half and it was quite ugly...but typical. The Bears just aren't a very good football team. As a matter of fact they are a very bad football team.

I believe Fields will start on Thursday night if he is anywhere close to playing. The QB choice isn't very good and a win by Fields over Carolina is better than I win for Bagent as far as the organization is concerned. The only way Bagent gets back in will be if Fields can't go.

Bagent needs to be honest with himself. He said he has a cannon. No he doesn't. He doesn't have the fastball required by the NFL. But he does bring good things to the table. He seems more relaxed in the pocket than Fields does. He does a good job in trying to find more than one receiver when he's back there. But he made a couple of real dumb throws. Brett Favre stuff without the Brett Favre cannon.

Reactions: mchsalumni
Bagent is not the answer, he’s not good.
He was never the answer but I'll think he'll be around the league for a while, he's a serviceable backup.

What scares the hell out of me is the coaches. Getsy said in his presser that the game plan won't change when Fields is back. If you're calling the same game for Fields that you did for Bagent, that's a huge problem! Either he's saying that Fields doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground and can't execute the full playbook or Getsy is too dumb to cater the play calling to his QB and is trying to make them fit in his system instead of the other way around, which is ridiculous.

Reactions: lweastdad
He was never the answer but I'll think he'll be around the league for a while, he's a serviceable backup.

What scares the hell out of me is the coaches. Getsy said in his presser that the game plan won't change when Fields is back. If you're calling the same game for Fields that you did for Bagent, that's a huge problem! Either he's saying that Fields doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground and can't execute the full playbook or Getsy is too dumb to cater the play calling to his QB and is trying to make them fit in his system instead of the other way around, which is ridiculous.
That’s fair as a backup.

Let's face it. The Bears are a very hard team to watch and have been for years. Now the Texans have passed them as far as a brighter future goes. It is obvious as to why the Bears and Panthers are at the very bottom of the NFL Power Rankings.

I might watch the first quarter of the game tomorrow. But no more than that. I have to rise very early on Friday and the Bears aren't worth losing any sleep over.

Can’t wait to hear your deep insights you gather watching one quarter
What I said was I am not watching any more of the game tonight past the first quarter.

You do know you can DVR the game right? You can watch it at another time and you can flip through the commercials and breaks and save a lot of time instead of having it take three hours. Maybe you aren't aware of that. But, you can also view plays more than once. You should look into it before you assume people don't watch the whole game.

I can do my 40 minute workout tomorrow at 4:00 AM and watch almost half of a game I may have missed by doing it that way. I have watched more than a few games that way. I am not going to stay up later tonight to watch the two worst teams in the NFL and waste more time. I am doing the workout anyway so I will have it on then. I play the game then without knowing the final score.

Don't ever assume I only watch part of a game unless I say I didn't see the game or parts of it which I do every time.

Last edited:
Reminds of our resident draft "expert" insights after he said he fell asleep before or during a game
This is an opinion board above all else. When it comes to the NFL, no one here is an "expert." I do view some posters here as "experts" when it comes to HS football. But, that list is very, very short.

giphy.gif

That's a winner. Playoffs back on! 10-7!

• Love
Reactions: RockSoup
Actually the result was fine as far as draft position goes as the loss keeps the Panthers at #1 and the bears own that pick.
That’s right Bruce. I forgot about that. If Carolina holds on to that #1 spot that’s great but then we will have to watch the Bears brass screw it up again. Hahahaha

Will the Bears have Jim Harbaugh, Caleb Williams and Marvin Harrison on their team next year?

Bears should be able to get Alt or Fashanu with their pick, and then potentially Harrison or a QB with the Panthers

Panthers pick sure looks like it will end up being top 3 pick and probably 1 overall if I were to guess. Not sure the Bears own pick will be top 3 though, I’m thinking 4-6 which misses Harrison.

Braxton Jones may play well enough the Bears pass on Fashanu and Alt.

I think all signs are pointing to Williams and Maye in that order for Da Bears with the Panthers pick and then trying to trading down with their own if their able to.

If Bears have the top pick I'd trade back and get a haul from whichever team wants williams. I like Penix and they can get him in the middle of the first round.
So I do agree with you for the most part. I was high on Williams until he laid an egg with the 3 interceptions game. He might still be the guy? I agree and would not take the risk. Plus it doesn’t sound like he wants to come to Chicago. Really can’t blame him if I were a QB. That said I am not so sure about Penix. He had some pretty major injuries. Yes he appears to be healthy now but he might be a risk. Won’t matter because I think he goes early before the Bears would have a shot at him if they trade down. The draft will be interesting. Bears need impactful players. Who will they get? Or will the trade down even more for quantity over quality. It seems to be how they go about their business.

Penix is a Canadian Football League QB. He is a wasted pick. Their are no good QBs in this class. They are all over-hyped and over-rated.

Use the draft to continue to improve the DL and OL. Then start looking at the linebackers.

I'm OK with taking Harrison with one of the top picks.

Penix is a Canadian Football League QB. He is a wasted pick. Their are no good QBs in this class. They are all over-hyped and over-rated.

Use the draft to continue to improve the DL and OL. Then start looking at the linebackers.
OK with taking Harrison with one of the top picks.
The Texans just changed their franchise with the Stroud pick. The Bears have to take advantage of their picks and take a QB imo.

I still think Williams might end up being the best this year if he leaves. He has a lot of Mahomes intangibles. If he ends up on the right team he could be special. He is shorter than Mahomes but is faster and his arm strength might be better. I will admit he did drop a few notches for me because he has showed flaws in his game. That does make me pause especially fitting with the Bears who have a terrible history developing quarterbacks. JJ might be the best fit for the Bears if he they can wait for him or make it happen some how? IMO

I'm OK with taking Harrison with one of the top picks.
This is considered one of the best QB classes top to bottom in years. Would be interested to know who you think a good QB prospect is.

😂
Please explain. Is it because it’s the Bears 🤣
I want JJ to be successful and have a great career, but I just don't see it. In his time at Michigan, what has he done to warrant being a first round pick? He's solid, but their run game has been top notch and he's never had to put up big numbers or go out and be THE guy to win a game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT