ADVERTISEMENT

Bears

I want JJ to be successful and have a great career, but I just don't see it. In his time at Michigan, what has he done to warrant being a first round pick? He's solid, but their run game has been top notch and he's never had to put up big numbers or go out and be THE guy to win a game.
Agree but I think he is very talented and has the ability to be great. His upside is huge. IMO

😂
And is undefeated. I feel he is a leader. Good arm and has a good understanding of the game. Young still.
The 2 passes he threw in the second half give me confidence he’s the next Mahomes. I’d trade our next 4 first round picks to get him.

• Haha
Reactions: 4Afan
The 2 passes he threw in the second half give me confidence he’s the next Mahomes. I’d trade our next 4 first round picks to get him.

A la Trubisky!

I think he has a lot of potential but Michigan runs the ball and plays defense so well that he never really needs to pass. He does have one of the best arms I have seen but his accuracy gets erratic every 3 or 4 games. He can run the ball but at times gets dinged up running the ball. I wish he would stop running the ball

It's hard to figure out his potential because Michigan is so good. We won't know his potential until he is in the NFL.

I think he is a good late 1st round pick if he is still around. I want to see him with a good organization and not the Bears.

There's a bit of Joe Burrow with JJ except not as tall.
I'll take a double of whatever you're drinking. Burrow had 5,600 yards and 60 TD's his last year at LSU. JJ just threw for 60 yards today and is barely over 2,000 yards for the season.

Burrow is a pure passer and had one of the best college seasons ever, Michigan does it with the run game and defense. These two are not comparable.

Reactions: mchsalumni
He is currently playing like a top 5 QB. I have picked the Texans to win the last 4 weeks in a row and they have come through in 3 of them. I really like this kid and have started to watch him more. What a turn around the Texans have made.
It's almost like a rebuild takes time, but if you're patient it does pay off.

He is currently playing like a top 5 QB. I have picked the Texans to win the last 4 weeks in a row and they have come through in 3 of them. I really like this kid and have started to watch him more. What a turn around the Texans have made.

It's nice to see Ohio State put out a good QB finally.

• Haha
Reactions: LTHSALUM76
Are we still pissed about Kmet being a high TE pick? I feel as though he's a top 10 TE in the league. Not a high end receiver like Kelce or Kittle, but all around blocking and catching he is very solid, IMO.

Are we still pissed about Kmet being a high TE pick? I feel as though he's a top 10 TE in the league. Not a high end receiver like Kelce or Kittle, but all around blocking and catching he is very solid, IMO.
His stats compare to those guys though

His stats compare to those guys though
Kelce is starting the maturity portion of his career with no other threats on KC, and Kittle is the 4th best option on a crazy loaded offense. They are still top 2 IMO though

Is Poles trying to get fired? Why is he trading a 2nd round pick again when the team is rebuilding? He got a 27 year old player that has never had double digit sacks while playing on a pretty good line. The Claypool trade was awful but at least he was under contract for another year. Sweat is a free agent at the end of the season. If you were going for a Washington edge then why not Chase Young? He has been a bust but injuries have played a part and he has a higher potential ceiling.
I stand correct. Sweat has proven me wrong. Looks like a steal now.

Fields is starting to grow on me. He is getting better. I think we keep him and take the best player in the draft. IMO

We have bigger positions to fill than QB in the draft.

OL
DL
LB
Replace Eddie Jackson

We have bigger positions to fill than QB in the draft.

OL
DL
LB
Replace Eddie Jackson
Didn’t they just spend big on LB? If they give fields a new contact it will eat up half the cap space that they have. If they trade him and take a qb then they have more time back on a cap friendly salary.

And yet the Bears still lose to a team that has 26% of its payroll on I.R. Hopefully this will shut the mouths of the dopes who were saying, "Duh, I think the Bears can make the playoffs if they run the table...duh." Even some of the sportswriters at the Sun Times. No, they won't make the playoffs because they aren't a playoff team...period. Another 4th quarter lead pissed away. I don't know why some of you guys continue to get sucked in.

Last edited:
And yet the Bears still lose to a team that has 26% of its payroll on I.R. Hopefully this will shut the mouths of the dopes who were saying, "Duh, I think the Bears can make the playoffs if they run the table...duh." Even some of the sportswriters at the Sun Times. No, they won't make the playoffs because they aren't a playoff team...period.
They won’t make the playoffs but they are improving. I like what I am seeing. Couple more pieces to the puzzle and we might have a playoff team next year. If they play up to there capabilities. I realize that’s a big “IF”. 😊

And yet the Bears still lose to a team that has 26% of its payroll on I.R. Hopefully this will shut the mouths of the dopes who were saying, "Duh, I think the Bears can make the playoffs if they run the table...duh." Even some of the sportswriters at the Sun Times. No, they won't make the playoffs because they aren't a playoff team...period.
No they are not. They need two or three offensive linemen, another edge rusher and a wide receiver that can catch the ball when it hits his hands

Reactions: doctor_d
No they are not. They need two or three offensive linemen, another edge rusher and a wide receiver that can catch the ball when it hits his hands
You have to get off the OL. The OL is good enough. Add one on the OL and keep them healthy. We have to stop blaming the OL. Get a couple of receivers that can get open and can catch the damn ball.

Reactions: colin2229
How come Brisker has to clean up for our linebackers with 15 tackles in a game.

I'm just saying just draft one because as a current group their at best average.
Because they’re playing nickel coverage and brisket comes down as the third linebacker

I am reading all of this stuff and I have to be honest. Some of these comments make me SMH. First of all, the Bears are going to make a big mistake if they sign Fields to a new contract. He isn't going to get it done here. Can the Bears win with him? I doubt it. But one thing is for sure. They are never going to win because of him.

I picked CLE to win today. Not because I am some kind of a genius. To me, it came down to the QBs. I knew Flacco had the ability to win that game and I also knew he had the ability to engineer a game winning drive if needed. He doesn't get rattled. I also knew when it came to crunch time Fields wasn't going to get it done...and he didn't. He did nothing in the 4th quarter.

Some of you guys act like Fields was throwing balls all over the place that were dropped. Early in the final drive Fields scrambled to his right and had a man wide open about 25-30 yards up the right sideline. He threw a pass that was too high and uncatchable. When you have less than 40 seconds left in the game and no timeouts that pass HAS to be completed. And that 46.5 QB rating Fields had isn't going to beat any team.

On the other hand, Flacco threw three INTs in the game. But when it came time to make a 4th quarter comeback and engineer a game winning drive he got it done.

When you have an offense that can only get you 11 points you shouldn't expect to win. Yes, the defense scored the other 6. Pitiful. Sorry guys. Fields has to go or we'll be having some of the same conversations next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: StormFire
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT