ADVERTISEMENT

Bears

I hear you guys. I just think the best thing to do here is realize it's not Eberflus or Poles "fault" they got hired. Give them a chance and see what happens. Hopefully, it all works out sooner rather than later.
In my opinion both hires are in over their head and the results will be much of the same as Pace & Nagy. Sad to say but they both will be learning on the job at the Bear fans expense. I hate to be negative but I see another shit show In the near future. We can only hope we get a strong OC to keep the team from complete disaster!

• Haha
Reactions: LTHSALUM76
In my opinion both hires are in over their head and the results will be much of the same as Pace & Nagy. Sad to say but they both will be learning on the job at the Bear fans expense. I hate to be negative but I see another shit show In the near future. We can only hope we get a strong OC to keep the team from complete disaster!
But people would also complain if any of the retreads got hired. At the end of the day neither you nor I have any idea if they will be any good at their job.

Reactions: Blue Ruin
But people would also complain if any of the retreads got hired. At the end of the day neither you nor I have any idea if they will be any good at their job.
I think the odds are they will fail. Very little experience. I hope I am wrong like you said we shall see. Typical Bears type of hiring.

I think the odds are they will fail. Very little experience. I hope I am wrong like you said we shall see. Typical Bears type of hiring.
right. much like 9 of the playoff coaches this year and 3 of the 4 this weekend. Being hired after being a coordinator means nothing.

Reactions: SiuCubFan8
I think they got this one right. Everything I've read about Flus says that he is smart smart, not just football smart. Plus, if his future success will be partly based on luck, as no doubt it will, then the Bears are overdue for a winning streak.

OC job offered to Packers passing game coordinator/quarterbacks coach
All though I feel he is upgrade over what we had I feel he is another coach with inexperience as OC and will most likely be learning some on the job. I can live with it especially because he was coaching for the Packers/Rogers and can and should help Fields. My only concern is with all the young coaches on this Bears staff will we have a true leader? Someone said the new HC is super smart so if he has a dominant “A” type personality maybe he will take control and gain the respect needed to be an effective leader. This is something that I feel Nagy lacked big time. I feel it is why Nagy did well under Andy Reid in KC. He was definitely a follower not a leader. I’m wondering if the Bears management ever did a personality test to see what type of coaches they we’re hiring?

Eberflus is 51, so he's got quite a bit of experience. The OC they apparently have targeted nearly got the Bronco head job over his OC at GB.

So reading this article it kind gives me mixed messages from Rogers comments. Roger’s believes Getsy is reserved which could indicate he isn’t a dominant A type personality? Not a true leader. He does say Getsy commands attention in a room which to me may mean he is more a players type coach. If this is correct it tells me that the HC must be a true leader “A” type personality to lead the coaching staff and players. This may be why Getsy didn’t get the Broncos HC job? It’s seems Bears management picked young coaches to save money and being new on the job they won’t challenge management. They are crossing their fingers in hopes the new coach will be able to take the team to the next level. I like going young just hope they can rise to the occasion.
PS when I say young I don’t mean age, I mean new to the position/opportunity. I realize the HC is 51.

So reading this article it kind gives me mixed messages from Rogers comments. Roger’s believes Getsy is reserved which could indicate he isn’t a dominant A type personality? Not a true leader. He does say Getsy commands attention in a room which to me may mean he is more a players type coach. If this is correct it tells me that the HC must be a true leader “A” type personality to lead the coaching staff and players. This may be why Getsy didn’t get the Broncos HC job? It’s seems Bears management picked young coaches to save money and being new on the job they won’t challenge management. They are crossing their fingers in hopes the new coach will be able to take the team to the next level. I like going young just hope they can rise to the occasion.
PS when I say young I don’t mean age, I mean new to the position/opportunity. I realize the HC is 51.
They didn’t hire young coaches to save money, that ridiculous. The “bears are cheap” narrative is old, tired and false.

you are acting like the Bears are the only franchise to hire young or inexperienced HCs. It happens ALL THE TIME. All coaches at some point were considered inexperienced in a role they took.

Last edited:
They didn’t hire young coaches to save money, that ridiculous. The “bears are cheap” narrative is old, tired and false.

you are acting like the Bears are the only franchise to hire young or inexperienced HCs. It happens ALL THE TIME. All coaches at some point were considered inexperienced in a ro
You have your opinions and I have mine. That’s why I like this site. We can agree to disagree. We shall see how the new GM and coaching staff perform. My bet is they will stay in line with upper management and continue to do it the McCaskey way. We all know how that’s worked out in the past.

You have your opinions and I have mine. That’s why I like this site. We can agree to disagree. We shall see how the new GM and coaching staff perform. My bet is they will stay in line with upper management and continue to do it the McCaskey way. We all know how that’s worked out in the past.

I’ve never said if I think they will succeed or fail. I think it’s dumb to speculate, we have no idea. Anyone pretending to know is lying.

My point is the Bears are not alone by any means with the hires in terms of experience/age. And to say they did it to save money is just ridiculous to say. Ownership gets out of the way of the football stuff, for good reason. There is no “staying in line”, I’m not even sure what you are referring to?

The problem with Nagy is that he wanted to be everybody's friend. Ditka would bite your head off and then piss down your neck.
Nagy was stubborn. That was his problem with many others we could point out, but that was the main issue. Also, as reports come out he wasn’t as friendly as he led to be to media. Never having a end of season meeting after NO playoff loss with Allen Rob? Allen waiting for the zoom invite and never getting it…. But that’s in the past.

I’ve never said if I think they will succeed or fail. I think it’s dumb to speculate, we have no idea. Anyone pretending to know is lying.

My point is the Bears are not alone by any means with the hires in terms of experience/age. And to say they did it to save money is just ridiculous to say. Ownership gets out of the way of the football stuff, for good reason. There is no “staying in line”, I’m not even sure what you are referring to?
It’s not dumb.
The Bears track record for hiring the right people to run the team has been dumb. Any smart person who really has watched this organization since they won the SB knows they are the laughing stock of the NFL. “Staying in line” meaning they don’t have the balls to rock the boat to upper management. I want a coach that has the balls to do what’s best and needed to win. We don’t need another coach that will just roll over to save their job! Pace & Nagy we’re yes men! Tell me they weren’t. Hell Nagy asked McCaskey if he should start Fields. WTF!

It’s not dumb.
The Bears track record for hiring the right people to run the team has been dumb. Any smart person who really has watched this organization since they won the SB knows they are the laughing stock of the NFL. “Staying in line” meaning they don’t have the balls to rock the boat to upper management. I want a coach that has the balls to do what’s best and needed to win. We don’t need another coach that will just roll over to save their job! Pace & Nagy we’re yes men! Tell me they weren’t. Hell Nagy asked McCaskey if he should start Fields. WTF!
I 100% disagree that they hire “yes men”. What coach didn’t do what he thought was needed to win? What coach didn’t speak up and ultimately cost himself a job cause he was a yes man? Ownership wants to win. They don’t get involved in football stuff. George said he was uncomfortable with the Fields question. Have they made bad hires, absolutely but I 100% disagree the lack of success is because of hiring yes men and guys that don’t “rock the boat”.

Eberflus is 51, so he's got quite a bit of experience. The OC they apparently have targeted nearly got the Bronco head job over his OC at GB.

Getsy was never going to get the Broncos job. He got an interview. Their plan was to hire Hackett as coach and Getsy as OC because Denver is putting on the full court press for Aaron Rodgers. They would interview the Green Bay groundskeeper if they felt it would help them get Rodgers. My only point being, Getsy is not even close to a legit head coaching candidate at this point.

But Getsy didn't want to be the Broncos OC for the same reason he doesn't want to be the Packers OC...he wouldn't call the plays.

He might end up being a fine play caller, I don't think any of us have any idea. He basically has the one year at Mississippi State and that's it.

Reactions: markmacaluso
Getsy was never going to get the Broncos job. He got an interview. Their plan was to hire Hackett as coach and Getsy as OC because Denver is putting on the full court press for Aaron Rodgers. They would interview the Green Bay groundskeeper if they felt it would help them get Rodgers. My only point being, Getsy is not even close to a legit head coaching candidate at this point.

But Getsy didn't want to be the Broncos OC for the same reason he doesn't want to be the Packers OC...he wouldn't call the plays.

He might end up being a fine play caller, I don't think any of us have any idea. He basically has the one year at Mississippi State and that's it.
I’d agree with that.

Reactions: whitesox05
I will say it seems the bears have gotten their top choices in GM/AST GM/HC/OC. If that equals success who knows but I’d rather they get guys they wanted instead of settling…

Reactions: Blue Ruin
I don't particularly like the new GM hire. Qualifications much like Ryan Pace.
LTHS
I always enjoy your perspective and usually agree with you. What’s your thoughts on the Bears recent hires. Do you think they we’re the right hires or do you think they are hires to appease the fans. I don’t know a lot about any of the new coaches but I do know the Bears organization and how they seem to get it wrong almost all the time. I just watched the Brady series Man in the Arena. Talk about how far the Bears are off as an organization just watch this series. It’s night and day! The Bears ownership and organization truly are clueless. Love to hear your take.

LTHS
I always enjoy your perspective and usually agree with you. What’s your thoughts on the Bears recent hires. Do you think they we’re the right hires or do you think they are hires to appease the fans. I don’t know a lot about any of the new coaches but I do know the Bears organization and how they seem to get it wrong almost all the time. I just watched the Brady series Man in the Arena. Talk about how far the Bears are off as an organization just watch this series. It’s night and day! The Bears ownership and organization truly are clueless. Love to hear your take.
How would the hires be to appease fans? I’m curious on that take?

Does not sound like Arrowhead pumps any artificial crowd noise through their speakers like the Bears do.

Its all legit noise.

Reactions: corey90
Agree but that’s all bad company and the Bears are lumped in with all of them. Does that make you feel better? LMAO
The bengals were in that group not too long ago. Get a quarterback and some weapons and you don’t even need an OLine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT