ADVERTISEMENT

Asked opponent to not play starters - Is this true?

Probably lack of players on the IC side. They started the season with a 34 man roster that included four Sophs. Went into the Francis game missing three two way starters Lost three more, one in an ambulance during game
Their goal is to get into the 4A playoffs with healthy bodies and will most likely have to play a bunch of little JV kids Friday
This game will be a scrimmage with running clock

if any of those statements offend you as an LA supporter, you’re telling on yourself about how little you think of ICCP.
You seem to be quite fond of taking hypothetical ideas and turning them into conclusions designed to provoke. It's really an immature and poorly developed form of argument.

Reactions: lookoutforliam
ICCP has a QB walking on at Texas A&M next year, a tight-end with 20+ offers who is committed to Texas A&M, a receiver committed to Iowa, a linebacker with 10+ P5 offers including Notre Dame, a lineman who is 6’7 325 with multiple D1 offers, a safety committed to Yale, a line that averages 270+. They have beaten Marist, Nazareth and crushed Benet.
Is the Rochester and Morris ranking overshooting - this sounds like a hell of a squad.

Probably lack of players on the IC side. They started the season with a 34 man roster that included four Sophs. Went into the Francis game missing three two way starters Lost three more, one in an ambulance during game
Their goal is to get into the 4A playoffs with healthy bodies and will most likely have to play a bunch of little JV kids Friday
This game will be a scrimmage with running clock
That would certainly change the narrative. I think about that from an SF perspective…does it make sense to rest guys in certain games who might be hurt but not injured to get them fully healthy for playoffs. Didn’t realize they lost 3 more guys during the SF game…hope they’re all okay.

You seem to be quite fond of taking hypothetical ideas and turning them into inciting conclusions. It's really an immature and poorly developed form of argument.
Thank you very much, that is so kind of you to say.

P.S. no logical fallacies with anything I said. It’s a simple “if-then” construct which stands against cross-examination . I didn’t go to Loyola, but I can still tease that concept out.

But I’m done debating the topic.

Is the Rochester and Morris ranking overshooting - this sounds like a hell of a squad.
I was incredibly impressed with them when they played SF (SF had to play one of their best games all year to just have a shot at winning at the end). Whether they trot their A-team out this weekend in a game they’d likely lose is another story.

I am sure Rochester and Morris are excellent teams, but if ICCP is mostly healthy come playoffs I think they have to be the favorite after seeing them last week. Very little depth, many guys play both ways, but man the kids who do are really freakin good.

Thank you very much, that is so kind of you to say.

P.S. no logical fallacies with anything I said. It’s a simple “if-then” construct which stands against cross-examination . I didn’t go to Loyola, but I can still tease that concept out.

But I’m done debating the topic.

Except what I originally took issue with wasn't exactly an if-then argument. You said, "I think implying that Loyola’s 2nd string could compete with what is likely ICCP’s best and most talented team in their history is way more disrespectful to IC than the inverse."

You were not proposing an if-then argument with that statement. You were stating what you think, which is fine, except you were given ZERO reason to think that anyone was implying that.

When you later said, "if any of those statements offend you as an LA supporter, you’re telling on yourself about how little you think of ICCP," yes, that is an if-then argument. If, indeed, I was offended by such statements, then your if-then argument would be valid. Except that I never gave you any indication that I was offended. Now, your if-then argument becomes a straw man argument.

Let's see if you really are done.

Last edited:
Daily herald article talked about the SF passing game but nothing on IC offense. Was IC able to run the ball effectively or did they have to throw it around too?

I guess the way I see the comment is

Doesn't LA have like literally 120 varsity kids? The top 22 typically aren't some collection of power 5 recruits and are essentially the 2nd 22 from last year's squad which only lost to MC by a score. Basically the 2nd 22 are the 1st 22 with different names, or maybe even some of the same names.

This will definitely be the game I'm tuned in for this weekend as I prepare for hoops. Is it @ IC or LA?

Baaah, all this talk about State Playoffs. The only ones that count State Championships are Mount Carmel and Joliet Catholic. And Mount Carmel doesn’t even count Joliet Catholic’s.
Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

Daily herald article talked about the SF passing game but nothing on IC offense. Was IC able to run the ball effectively or did they have to throw it around too?
IC didn’t do a ton of damage in the air, but I a good chunk of that had to do with the success they were having on the ground. Their offense is plenty capable of throwing the ball, but I think against SF they took what was there and that was the run game.

Except what I originally took issue with wasn't exactly an if-then argument. You said, "I think implying that Loyola’s 2nd string could compete with what is likely ICCP’s best and most talented team in their history is way more disrespectful to IC than the inverse."

You were not proposing an if-then argument with that statement. You were stating what you think, which is fine, except you were given ZREO reason to think that anyone was implying that.

When you later said, "if any of those statements offend you as an LA supporter, you’re telling on yourself about how little you think of ICCP," yes, that is an if-then argument. If, indeed, I was offended by such statements, then your if-then argument would be valid. Except that I never gave you any indication that I was offended. Now, your if-then argument becomes a straw man argument.

Not reading all that. I’m happy for you though, or sorry that happened to you.

Daily Herald preview has IC with a roster of 32 and 12 players out. Yikes!

You were not proposing an if-then argument with that statement. You were stating what you think, which is fine, except you were given ZERO reason to think that anyone was implying that.

If the game goes the way I think it will go, we will see LA’s 2nd after halftime. We will see how they do against ICCP starters.

Makes sense now. IC sitting 12 starters. LA shows up with 90 guys with at least 30 of those never seeing meaningful game time and another 20 who have never touched the field and probably never will. So, give ‘em a chance

In 2015 when my son was at Ignatius they 25 kids on varsity and played LA. First team of the year to score a TD on LA's 1st defense.

Though with school enrollment of 1,400 back then Iggy would have been considered 7A, so I understand the scheduling. Max Preps has this years roster at 65 including six Sophs. Quite a change if true

Though with school enrollment of 1,400 back then Iggy would have been considered 7A, so I understand the scheduling. Max Preps has this years roster at 65 including six Sophs. Quite a change if true
Really true - massive difference - Ignatius has made the playoffs in 6A that year.

ICCP has a QB walking on at Texas A&M next year, a tight-end with 20+ offers who is committed to Texas A&M, a receiver committed to Iowa, a linebacker with 10+ P5 offers including Notre Dame, a lineman who is 6’7 325 with multiple D1 offers, a safety committed to Yale, a line that averages 270+. They have beaten Marist, Nazareth and crushed Benet.

I find it impossible to believe with that team Kreft would make that call. ICCP would *destroy* Loyola’s next 22 after their starters. I refuse to believe this happened as Kreft is a multiple time state champion who has built a tank of a roster this year…it would be very embarrassing if true. Yeah ICCP doesn’t even have remotely the depth Loyola has, but they have a massive O-line and more top-end talent than Loyola does.

Loyola might beat them 31-7, 34-7, etc. but it’s not like it’s going to be 63-0 at half if they keep the starters in.

I’m not buying it one bit.
IC is really, really beat up

So IC will have 9 backups on the sideline? Probably have more coaches than players over there.
Due to their number of two-way players, you can't just take the roster size and subtract the unavailable players from it to obtain the number of backups.

Due to their number of two-way players, you can't just take the roster size and subtract the unavailable players from it to obtain the number of backups.
Okay, fine then… “9 varsity players will be in uniform on the sideline while the game is going on” if the 32 and 12 comment is true.
As a previous poster mentioned, I imagine they will also have many JV/sophomores.

lmfao, this can't be real can it? How pathetic.. What lesson does that teach the kids? When the going gets tough you just accept the pounding that's coming your way? Might be the most coward move of all time. They were all big and bad last week.. I Guess this week not so much..

How many are actually injured ?
How many were listed injured for the SF game? Add 1 for the kid that left in the ambulance. How many other kids left the field injured last week? That would be a good start to knowing instead of just hypothesizing they're making stuff up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT