ADVERTISEMENT

Asked opponent to not play starters - Is this true?

ICCP has a QB walking on at Texas A&M next year, a tight-end with 20+ offers who is committed to Texas A&M, a receiver committed to Iowa, a linebacker with 10+ P5 offers including Notre Dame, a lineman who is 6’7 325 with multiple D1 offers, a safety committed to Yale, a line that averages 270+. They have beaten Marist, Nazareth and crushed Benet.

I find it impossible to believe with that team Kreft would make that call. ICCP would *destroy* Loyola’s next 22 after their starters. I refuse to believe this happened as Kreft is a multiple time state champion who has built a tank of a roster this year…it would be very embarrassing if true. Yeah ICCP doesn’t even have remotely the depth Loyola has, but they have a massive O-line and more top-end talent than Loyola does.

Loyola might beat them 31-7, 34-7, etc. but it’s not like it’s going to be 63-0 at half if they keep the starters in.

I’m not buying it one bit.

ICCP has a QB walking on at Texas A&M next year, a tight-end with 20+ offers who is committed to Texas A&M, a receiver committed to Iowa, a linebacker with 10+ P5 offers including Notre Dame, a lineman who is 6’7 325 with multiple D1 offers, a safety committed to Yale, a line that averages 270+. They have beaten Marist, Nazareth and crushed Benet.

I find it impossible to believe with that team Kreft would make that call. ICCP would *destroy* Loyola’s next 22 after their starters. I refuse to believe this happened as Kreft is a multiple time state champion who has built a tank of a roster this year…it would be very embarrassing if true. Yeah ICCP doesn’t even have remotely the depth Loyola has, but they have a massive O-line and more top-end talent than Loyola does.

Loyola might beat them 31-7, 34-7, etc. but it’s not like it’s going to be 63-0 at half if they keep the starters in.

I’m not buying it one bit.
Loyola rarely has D-1 kids, maybe one or two a year on average. That's great ICCP has all that talent. Looking forward to this matchup.

"ICCP would *destroy* Loyola’s next 22 after their starters."
Just gonna leave this one here.

Is this somehow a controversial statement?

Yes if Loyola removed the best *22 PLAYERS* from their roster and tried to go out and play a top 25 team in the state, they would get lit up?

I think implying that Loyola’s 2nd string could compete with what is likely ICCP’s best and most talented team in their history is way more disrespectful to IC than the inverse.

You think very little of ICCP if that’s the case.

Last edited:

Yes if Loyola removed the best *22 PLAYERS* from their roster and tried to go out and play a top 25 team in the state, they would get lit up?

I think implying that Loyola’s 2nd string could compete with what is likely ICCP’s best and most talented team in their history is way more disrespectful to IC than the inverse.

Good luck tomorrow.

I am not sure why that comment is even relevant. If I won the lotto I'd be a billionaire.
The comment being that if Loyola went out and rested **every single one 22 of their starters** and tried to play ICCP, that ICCP would trounce them, which is relevant because its illuminating how ridiculous the notion is that the ICCP coach picked up the phone and seriously asked LA to rest their starters so that the game could be competitive.

Rumour is Coach Bliss is the starting QB and Coach Fitz heading up the linebacking core.........gonna play the old guys.....! Good luck to both teams / hopefully a good game and no injuries to any of the kids -prior to playoffs !

Do you really not think IC's starters would beat Loyola's second team?

Lookout never said anything about Loyola's second team. It's the pot stirrers who are making a big deal about it. He just simply reposted what was a strong statement from another poster. Regardless of whether or not the statement is accurate, it is hypothetical at best and inflammatory at worst. I suspect its inflammatory nature is what caused Lookout to repost it.

I, for one, hope that we will see plenty of Loyola's second team on Friday night. Only then will we have the opportunity for the hypothetical to become reality. Only then will we see if poking the bear is a good idea.

In other news, I'm nominating ICCP for worst "visitor" bleachers in the state. Loyola fans better get there at noon.

Reactions: Porter1997

Yes. Regardless of its accuracy, the statement can easily be construed to be inflammatory.

Who implied that? How can you explain Lookout's reposting your own words, with ZERO commentary to the contrary, to be even remotely close to implying anything about Loyola's second string or ICCP's first?

Don't get your knickers in a twist over hypotheticals.

Last edited:
Lookout never said anything about Loyola's second team. It's the pot stirrers who are making a big deal about it. He just simply reposted what was a strong statement from another poster. Regardless of whether or not the statement is accurate, it is hypothetical at best and inflammatory at worst. I suspect its inflammatory nature is what caused Lookout to repost it.

I, for one, hope that we will see plenty of Loyola's second team on Friday night. Only then will we have the opportunity for the hypothetical to become reality. Only then will we see if poking the bear is a good idea.
Ah yes inflammatory statements and “poking the bear” such as saying:

“Loyola may win 31-7, 34-7, etc.”

and

“It won’t be 63-0 at halftime”

and

“If Loyola played their second string against ICCP (a top 25 team in the entire state), ICCP would win going away”…and inferring that Loyola’s starters atleast need to show up and dress for them to actually win the football game. How dare I make such wild and irrational statements.

Such bulletin board material….if any of those statements offend you as an LA supporter, you’re telling on yourself about how little you think of ICCP.

I can’t believe LA fans are going to make me actually pull for ICCP to win a football game for the first time in my life, I think I might be sick.

And I’m just going to leave it at that for now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT