ADVERTISEMENT

Any Good Week 1 and 2 Games Next Year?

DeanOfSelection

Gold Member
Sep 25, 2002
Already need something to look forward to. MC plays Maine S at Gately week 2. What else do we have?

Marist @ Rice should be a good week one game. BR juniors got plenty of playing time and want to get that horrible season out of their minds. Marist will be dangerous with Markett back at QB with Skalinskey and Thompson to throw too

Apologies Dean for somewhat hijacking the thread, but a few questions to some of the JCA fans on here:

Is JCA not playing Geneva in Week 1? Are they now playing IC? Is WN still on tap for Week 2?

Apologies Dean for somewhat hijacking the thread, but a few questions to some of the JCA fans on here:

Is JCA not playing Geneva in Week 1? Are they now playing IC? Is WN still on tap for Week 2?
I'm hearing IC and Bishop Mac

Phillips at Loyola week 1

oh wait!
You’re not foolish enough to actually believe that LA would break a legally binding 2 year contract ( if the two teams had one )to not compete against Phillips after having scheduled some of the best opponents our State ,Cali and Texas have to offer? Are u sure you’re not the drunk twitter coach?

You’re not foolish enough to actually believe that LA would break a legally binding 2 year contract ( if the two teams had one )to not compete against Phillips after having scheduled some of the best opponents our State ,Cali and Texas have to offer? Are u sure you’re not the drunk twitter coach?
LA is not "ducking" Phillips. This guy is a jackass.

Reactions: Gforce5
If it works out, nobody will be using the word "ducking" anymore.
Loyola isn’t ducking anyone, for anyone to insinuate such is completely ignorant. I’m sure the Loyola kids want retribution on Phillips second to only LWE but I’m sure Holecek and Loyola want nothing to do with a staff that would employ the jackass on twitter. Respect your opponent.

Marist @ Rice should be a good week one game. BR juniors got plenty of playing time and want to get that horrible season out of their minds. Marist will be dangerous with Markett back at QB with Skalinskey and Thompson to throw too
Will Marist be providing additional bleachers?

Thanks for the info. Interesting moves, if they happen.

I would almost guarantee this will not be a week 1 match up because Bmac is joining the Metro and IC is already in the Metro. Doubt they would schedule a conference game week 1.

I would almost guarantee this will not be a week 1 match up because Bmac is joining the Metro and IC is already in the Metro. Doubt they would schedule a conference game week 1.

Huh? Jc would be playing IC and BMac in weeks 1 and 2.

Reactions: 89morrisgrad
Huh? Jc would be playing IC and BMac in weeks 1 and 2.

Sorry for the confusion.
USD24 said he heard IC vs. Bmac in week 1 but I doubt that is a possibility because they are both in the Metro Suburban Conference now and would be unlikely to have a conference game week 1 (unless that was scheduled prior to Bmac electing to join the Metro).

Sorry for the confusion.
USD24 said he heard IC vs. Bmac in week 1 but I doubt that is a possibility because they are both in the Metro Suburban Conference now and would be unlikely to have a conference game week 1 (unless that was scheduled prior to Bmac electing to join the Metro).
I didn't say anything about IC playing BMAC. Please re-read. Pjjp asked who JC was playing week 1 and 2 and I replied that I heard JC was playing IC and BMac weeks 1 and 2.

I didn't say anything about IC playing BMAC. Please re-read. Pjjp asked who JC was playing week 1 and 2 and I replied that I heard JC was playing IC and BMac weeks 1 and 2.
If true, I really like that scheduling for a rebuilding JC. That said, if hoping for five wins then you really need to win both those non conference games. In a perfect world, I would play one of those teams and a downtrodden CPS school but i much prefer IC and BM to geneva and Wheaton. At the end of the day, if you don't win both of those games, you're probably not going to be a player in 5a and just making the playoffs is great, but you may as well find out whether you have a shot by not just beating cupcakes and squeaking in.

Reactions: Cat Box
If true, I really like that scheduling for a rebuilding JC. That said, if hoping for five wins then you really need to win both those non conference games. In a perfect world, I would play one of those teams and a downtrodden CPS school but i much prefer IC and BM to geneva and Wheaton. At the end of the day, if you don't win both of those games, you're probably not going to be a player in 5a and just making the playoffs is great, but you may as well find out whether you have a shot by not just beating cupcakes and squeaking in.
JCA won’t beat IC next year IMO

My mistake. I mis-read your post. I am looking forward to some quality Metro games with IC AC and Bmac.

JCA won’t beat IC next year IMO
Just looking at the roster of returning players, I would agree IC has to be the favorite. But I would be surprised if it's not competitive regardless of who wins looks like JC will have quite the size advantage and they should have one of the fastest players in the state in Williams. And week 1 is always a wild card. IC definite favorites though.

Just looking at the roster of returning players, I would agree IC has to be the favorite. But I would be surprised if it's not competitive regardless of who wins looks like JC will have quite the size advantage and they should have one of the fastest players in the state in Williams. And week 1 is always a wild card. IC definite favorites though.
Minor correction, it’s week 2.

Hinsdale Central v Naperville Central in week 1. Both teams were young this fall and should be solid next year.

Will Marist be providing additional bleachers?

I would think these two would work with SXU to play there annually. While the visitor bleachers at Rice are lacking for this type of crowd, I find the facilities mostly parking at Marist to be subpar as well.

I would think these two would work with SXU to play there annually. While the visitor bleachers at Rice are lacking for this type of crowd, I find the facilities mostly parking at Marist to be subpar as well.
Completely agree that SXU would be great for this game. Rice's visitor stands are embarrassingly bad and for the life of me I don't know why they won't expand them. Very good on Marist parking, it's tight, but their visitor stands are much better. If your not one of the lucky 150 who gets a seat on Rices side, you either have to stand and see 70 yards of the field or sit on the home side.

Completely agree that SXU would be great for this game. Rice's visitor stands are embarrassingly bad and for the life of me I don't know why they won't expand them. Very good on Marist parking, it's tight, but their visitor stands are much better. If your not one of the lucky 150 who gets a seat on Rices side, you either have to stand and see 70 yards of the field or sit on the home side.

SXU seating is as bad, if not worse, than Rice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT