ADVERTISEMENT

And depression sets in...

Kevin JCHS 81

Jul 16, 2005
Yeah with today being kickoff day for the State Championship games and setting the tone for the bigger schools tomorrow, I am really starting to feel the pain.

I can only imagine the pain of the kids who worked so hard to possibly play this weekend. OUCH this hurts.

This day in Illinois High School Sports History:

JCA goes for their #15

ESL goes for the repeat

MC goes for the repeat

Warren looks to break through to elite status

The weather will be great.

What a great day this will be (could have been?)

OGC.19c3d52bf4a7fb3c22a822476133f30a

Reactions: rocketnation
I should have been watching LWE defend their title! Could have been their 3rd in 4 years! I have not been to every championship weekend but I have been to many - I'm guessing 38 of the last 45 years or so - at all venues - Normal, Champaign, DeKalb and Evanston!

This thread needs the depression music from "Planes, Trains and Automobiles." LOL!

We have had a family tradition of 40+ years of cutting down our Christmas tree the Friday after Thanksgiving. Kids, grand kids, girl friends, boy friends, anyone who wanted to come, then after putting the tree in a 5 gallon bucket outside, I would turn on the TV and watch HS football until Saturday night, eating lots of leftovers in the process. This year the wife and I got precut tree from our church KCs. At least I'm told the money feeds needy families. But it's still the most sad for the players.

This day in Illinois High School Sports History:

JCA goes for their #15

ESL goes for the repeat

MC goes for the repeat

Warren looks to break through to elite status

The weather will be great.

What a great day this will be (could have been?)

OGC.19c3d52bf4a7fb3c22a822476133f30a

All..... The Hilltoppers would be battle tested for sure getting through the north bracket and making the final. Would of been a fun game to watch at 10am in the morning..... Ratsy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT