ADVERTISEMENT

Against Naperville Central, too?

Wittymoniker1

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2007
La Grange Park, IL
I know it's been mentioned before, but what LWE has accomplished is unreal.

Not in any order: 49, 49, 49, 49, 48, 48, 47 & 1! Maine South and NN are not cupcakes so, to me, this is an impressive feat.

This has to be the goal every game. If we see another 49 next week, do we crown them, at least, up to the finals?

I do understand games need to be played, but this is something else.

Reactions: ChiTown Chuggers
Not in any order: 49, 49, 49, 49, 48, 48, 47 & 1! Maine South and NN are not cupcakes so, to me, this is an impressive feat.
This has to be the goal every game. If we see another 49 next week, do we crown them, at least, up to the finals?
My only wonder would be if bad game-day weather would force East to rely on a running game that might not be as well-oiled as their passing game is currently. However, East passing is also tooled for the shorter game and the QB's legs are a huge part of their air attack. The right combination of pass-unfriendly conditions and an opposition offense not affected so much by such could, at least, narrow a margin of victory?

You notice East is playing on another level. This team is very talented and very deep. NC is going to be in for a rude awakening come Friday night in Frankfort.

Reactions: Wittymoniker1
My only wonder would be if bad game-day weather would force East to rely on a running game that might not be as well-oiled as their passing game is currently. However, East passing is also tooled for the shorter game and the QB's legs are a huge part of their air attack. The right combination of pass-unfriendly conditions and an opposition offense not affected so much by such could, at least, narrow a margin of victory?
That is a great point. Weather may play a factor. With the way this weather has been, I am not so sure, but stranger things have happened. I still feel, though, that this team would "grind' to get 49 points.

Believe it or not, they kept the score down in most of those games. Could have been worse if they hadn't substituted liberally in the 2nd half. And they have a really good defense too. Best team in the state IMHO. Too bad we won't see them against ESL or MC.
I should've posted in the initial post that's why I think it's very impressive because of what you accurately point out here.

Reactions: NNFAN
Beast is the clear favorite. Running game is great too! The starter got knocked out in our game and the backup went off. Weather should not be a problem for this team. But I will say I’m not sure their defense is as good as past years. Still very good, but not the same as previous years. Jonas is easily the best QB in the history of their program. No disrespect to any of the previous State champion gunslingers! Also they have changed their offense enough to really allow him to shine. Kudos to Z and staff for doing that.

Beast is the clear favorite. Running game is great too! The starter got knocked out in our game and the backup went off. Weather should not be a problem for this team. But I will say I’m not sure their defense is as good as past years. Still very good, but not the same as previous years. Jonas is easily the best QB in the history of their program. No disrespect to any of the previous State champion gunslingers! Also they have changed their offense enough to really allow him to shine. Kudos to Z and staff for doing that.
Aside from Week 1 offensive juggernaut Maine South and Week 8 option exception Andrew, East defense could be considered moderately untested. Far be it for me to state, however, it is not as good as past years. We will know more after Naperville Central Friday.

Aside from Week 1 offensive juggernaut Maine South and Week 8 option exception Andrew, East defense could be considered moderately untested. Far be it for me to state, however, it is not as good as past years. We will know more after Naperville Central Friday.

Andrew had 325 yards of offense on Friday. LWE struggled with the triple option and play-action game. LWE did a great job at forcing three turnovers though.

Their run game is also solid they can get you running or passing

MS4EVER,
You nailed it. I can’t disagree with you about East defense this year. I don’t think they are at the level we have seen with past great East teams. That said they are still very good and their offense is off the charts Scoring 339 points in 7 games allowing 97 points. East will be a tough draw in the playoffs and they won’t be afraid of anyone. We are going to see how good NC is this Friday night. Should be a great game between to undefeated teams.

You notice East is playing on another level. This team is very talented and very deep. NC is going to be in for a rude awakening come Friday night in Frankfort.
A lot of NC's offensive weapons are under the radar/new to the team. Expect a strong showing. This isn't a weak match-up. NC's defense is also incredibly strong.

Fun fact: Naperville Central has three former Hawk coaches on staff. All great guys!

A lot of NC's offensive weapons are under the radar/new to the team. Expect a strong showing. This isn't a weak match-up. NC's defense is also incredibly strong.
Agree deeg6. I am sure you think they are under the radar but I assure you East will never take an undefeated team lightly. They will be prepared. Let’s see if NC can handle the big stage at LWE. It’s going to be a super game before the playoffs.

Reactions: deeg6
FWIW, Naperville North's only 2 losses are to 8-0 LWE (-32) in Week 4 and 8-0 Naperville Central (-3) in Week 2.

If you look at the points that LWE gave up this year

Most are in the second half, more than likely scored against the 2nd team

I might make it out to this game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT