ADVERTISEMENT

Against Naperville Central, too?

Wittymoniker1

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2007
La Grange Park, IL
I know it's been mentioned before, but what LWE has accomplished is unreal.

Not in any order: 49, 49, 49, 49, 48, 48, 47 & 1! Maine South and NN are not cupcakes so, to me, this is an impressive feat.

This has to be the goal every game. If we see another 49 next week, do we crown them, at least, up to the finals?

I do understand games need to be played, but this is something else.

Not in any order: 49, 49, 49, 49, 48, 48, 47 & 1! Maine South and NN are not cupcakes so, to me, this is an impressive feat.
This has to be the goal every game. If we see another 49 next week, do we crown them, at least, up to the finals?
My only wonder would be if bad game-day weather would force East to rely on a running game that might not be as well-oiled as their passing game is currently. However, East passing is also tooled for the shorter game and the QB's legs are a huge part of their air attack. The right combination of pass-unfriendly conditions and an opposition offense not affected so much by such could, at least, narrow a margin of victory?

MS is giving up a lot of points this year. 28 plus points against playoff teams with the exception of lowly Warren.

You have to be ready to run the ball in November, you never know what IL weather is coming next month. LWE was unstoppable in 2018 too, then it snowed during the semifinal....now I have no intel on that game they lost to LA but I can't think the weather helped.

Believe it or not, they kept the score down in most of those games. Could have been worse if they hadn't substituted liberally in the 2nd half. And they have a really good defense too. Best team in the state IMHO. Too bad we won't see them against ESL or MC.

You notice East is playing on another level. This team is very talented and very deep. NC is going to be in for a rude awakening come Friday night in Frankfort.

Reactions: Wittymoniker1
My only wonder would be if bad game-day weather would force East to rely on a running game that might not be as well-oiled as their passing game is currently. However, East passing is also tooled for the shorter game and the QB's legs are a huge part of their air attack. The right combination of pass-unfriendly conditions and an opposition offense not affected so much by such could, at least, narrow a margin of victory?
That is a great point. Weather may play a factor. With the way this weather has been, I am not so sure, but stranger things have happened. I still feel, though, that this team would "grind' to get 49 points.

Believe it or not, they kept the score down in most of those games. Could have been worse if they hadn't substituted liberally in the 2nd half. And they have a really good defense too. Best team in the state IMHO. Too bad we won't see them against ESL or MC.
I should've posted in the initial post that's why I think it's very impressive because of what you accurately point out here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT