ADVERTISEMENT

25% capacity

gen22

Nov 14, 2012
The restore Illinois document says 25% capacity for outdoor spectator events. Is this new today.? Thought last week it was 20%.

The restore Illinois document says 25% capacity for outdoor spectator events. Is this new today.? Thought last week it was 20%.
It was 20%. Today's announcement should make people furious. First, he just made it harder for seniors to get vaccinated. Everyone 16 and up eligible April 12. So the most vulnerable population could have more difficulty. Then when it comes to watching HS sports...the opening up is tied to vaccinations now. The ability to watch your son or daughter at an event could be dependent upon other stranger's medical decisions for vaccinations. This is ABSURD. Almost like a backhanded way of mandating the vaccine, so that we need to get to a metric to get full normalcy back. Unbelievable!

I did notice on our school website that outdoor sports are now allowed 4 spectators per athlete. Was 3 in the email they sent out last week.

It was 20%. Today's announcement should make people furious. First, he just made it harder for seniors to get vaccinated. Everyone 16 and up eligible April 12. So the most vulnerable population could have more difficulty. Then when it comes to watching HS sports...the opening up is tied to vaccinations now. The ability to watch your son or daughter at an event could be dependent upon other stranger's medical decisions for vaccinations. This is ABSURD. Almost like a backhanded way of mandating the vaccine, so that we need to get to a metric to get full normalcy back. Unbelievable!
And how do you know h
i know! We have to wait until 70% of people 65 and older get a single dose before outdoor capacity can increase. Wow

Did everyone also notice that all residents who are fully vaccinated will not count against current capacity level limits.

• Angry
Reactions: Gene K.
Did everyone also notice that all residents who are fully vaccinated will not count against current capacity level limits.
That's comical. Will they walk around with a T-shirt saying "fully vaccinated, don't mess with me" to show they don't count?

We all need to stop freaking out over the rules and just be happy the capacity bumped up a little right now, because history has shown us that the rules will change again by April 1st anyway.....

Reactions: brucealmighy
The vaccination roll out in Illinois has been terrible. One of the worst states in the nation when it comes to seniors getting the vaccine. Every time I watch the news I see young adults getting the vaccine while seniors are still waiting to get an opportunity to even schedule the shot.
Honest question, does the data back that up or just what you/we see on TV? Is it actually one of the worst for 65+?

I suspect we will see varying degrees of this “25%”. My daughter is a cheerleader for youth Fball and we were told the 1st game (we are visitors) are 2 parents per but will not be enforced. But to try and stay in your “family group”. I find that fair.

This is how herd immunity works. If you are elderly and in a vulnerable category and haven't been vaccinated yet, that is on you.

Get used to having to have "papers" to go anywhere for the next 3 years. You can fight it all you want, but in order to travel international or (potentially) domestic, proof of vaccination will be needed.

I don't agree with this stance, but this is the way it is so get used to it...

Reactions: ignazio
This is how herd immunity works. If you are elderly and in a vulnerable category and haven't been vaccinated yet, that is on you.
Bullsh*t. My dad is 87 and his doctor gave him the number to schedule a vaccination shot at the Will County Health Department weeks ago. He tried and tried to schedule one and couldn't. That Health department is a joke and has really botched this. My dad finally got an appointment set up earlier this week for...wait for it...APRIL 29th!

I didn't know all of this was happening to him till this week. He doesn't always tell me what's going on in a timely manner. You know how older parents can be. He said he doesn't want to bother me with it. Actually I thought he had been vaccinated. When he finally told me this on Wednesday I was furious and asked him why he didn't try the Senior Services? I told him I know one of the officers there. I hung up with him, made a call. Right after I hung up with them they called him and told him to come in today. You bet I used that connection. I wasn't going to let him sit around waiting on a Health Department that is awful.

I could probably get a shot there myself if I wanted to. But, I'll wait my turn. I won't jump a line.

Get used to having to have "papers" to go anywhere for the next 3 years. You can fight it all you want, but in order to travel international or (potentially) domestic, proof of vaccination will be needed.
Gee, I remember the history books when I was in school. They talked about a certain country in Europe in the 1930s and 40s that required people to have and show "papers" whenever they wanted to go pretty much anywhere. :rolleyes: :oops:

Reactions: Bwm57
Honest question, does the data back that up or just what you/we see on TV? Is it actually one of the worst for 65+?
I don't have any data but like LTHSalum's father I applied to Will County Health department over a month ago and still haven't heard from them. I have also applied to Walgreen's and several other sites that are giving the vaccine and my zip code always says none available. When a location is available it is always for the 2nd dose only and not the 1st dose. In April the guv is opening up the vaccine for people over 16. Hopefully, by then most seniors who want the vaccine get it.

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
I don't have any data but like LTHSalum's father I applied to Will County Health department over a month ago and still haven't heard from them. I have also applied to Walgreen's and several other sites that are giving the vaccine and my zip code always says none available. When a location is available it is always for the 2nd dose only and not the 1st dose. In April the guv is opening up the vaccine for people over 16. Hopefully, by then most seniors who want the vaccine get it.
Gene
Will County just opened up an online system according to this article from the Trib which is an hour old. Maybe this will help. It might be behind a paywall. If so go to the Will Co. Health Department website.

It’s actually funny how all you Illinois guys are so pent up about being told you can’t go to a HS football game. LMAO. Let the kids play let the parents watch and be happy for all of them.

Go East!

Reactions: stl705
I suspect we will see varying degrees of this “25%”. My daughter is a cheerleader for youth Fball and we were told the 1st game (we are visitors) are 2 parents per but will not be enforced. But to try and stay in your “family group”. I find that fair.
You are so wrong about the over 65 group. Where do you get yor false information?

It’s actually funny how all you Illinois guys are so pent up about being told you can’t go to a HS football game. LMAO. Let the kids play let the parents watch and be happy for all of them.

Go East!

Thank god for streams lmao!!

I’m calling bullshit on this.
my in-laws are 88 and 84 and are relatively computer savvy for their generation and couldn’t get their own appointments scheduled.
I don’t disagree with the other parts of your post, but to blame seniors for not getting vaccinated so far is complete crap and soon they will be competing with everyone above 16.

I finally got an appointment thru my health care provider, not the county, or the other sites I applied to. I am 75 with health related issues, so it was very frustrating seeing every night on TV people not over 65 getting the vaccine. To open up the vaccines as the governor is doing to younger people when seniors who are the most vulnerable can't get an appointment on government sites is a farce. So, it is not on seniors who can't get the vaccine, but on the distribution methods of the vaccination sites, which leaves a hell of a lot to be desired.

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
I finally got an appointment thru my health care provider, not the county, or the other sites I applied to. I am 75 with health related issues, so it was very frustrating seeing every night on TV people not over 65 getting the vaccine. To open up the vaccines as the governor is doing to younger people when seniors who are the most vulnerable can't get an appointment on government sites is a farce. So, it is not on seniors who can't get the vaccine, but on the distribution methods of the vaccination sites, which leaves a hell of a lot to be desired.

Indiana is now open for 45 and older. It appears Illinois is again behind in doing anything right. The entire government in Illinois is a shit show.

I feel for you Gene.
Schedule your appt across the border in Indiana. I haven’t received my vaccine yet since I had covid in January. Heard you should wait 3 months after having covid. I have the antibodies to protect me until then and I figure my waiting let’s others like yourself who are more in need with a higher risk than someone like me who had it and have no health conditions. 👍

I am also seeing how the J&J vaccine does since it’s only one shot and they say 100% against hospitalization and 100% against death. This vaccine is also supposed to be better against the variants. I have know plenty of people who have had Medurna? Vaccine and they all we’re pretty sick for 24 hours after the 2nd shot.

I’m calling bullshit on this.
my in-laws are 88 and 84 and are relatively computer savvy for their generation and couldn’t get their own appointments scheduled.
I don’t disagree with the other parts of your post, but to blame seniors for not getting vaccinated so far is complete crap and soon they will be competing with everyone above 16.
BMW, this is what happens when you have guys coming here and just throwing crap against the wall to see what sticks, instead of having actual facts and knowing what the hell is going on around them. This is also what happens when a person takes what most of the media says as Gospel.

BMW, this is what happens when you have guys coming here and just throwing crap against the wall to see what sticks, instead of having actual facts and knowing what the hell is going on around them. This is also what happens when a person takes what most of the media says as Gospel.

Odd take. The only "media" I follow is Reuters, so not sure how that fits your narrative.

So sorry if I touched a nerve with the masses, but if you are over 70 and don't have this done by 4/1, it either isn't that important to you or you don't have access to or know how to use resources. If these are your two issues, I would hope family would help, which I did with elderly family members.

So sensitive on here this week...

@Gene K. glad you got yours!

Odd take. The only "media" I follow is Reuters, so not sure how that fits your narrative.

So sorry if I touched a nerve with the masses, but if you are over 70 and don't have this done by 4/1, it either isn't that important to you or you don't have access to or know how to use resources. If these are your two issues, I would hope family would help, which I did with elderly family members.

So sensitive on here this week...

@Gene K. glad you got yours!
My dad has a computer and is pretty saavy on it. And in the second part of your first sentence are things you didn't initially say. You blamed it entirely on the elderly. If you had said this in the first place, I wouldn't have had much of a problem with it because my dad was trying for weeks. He knows how to use the resources. But the resources suck.

We don't live somewhere downstate where the availability might be less and driving to get the shot is further. We live here in Will County where you would think things might be smoother. They aren't.

You assume a few things. First, not all elderly people have family who can help. Some do, but they might not be local. Second, as incredible as it may seem to you, not all elderly people even own a computer and can't get to the library to use one. Some who do, aren't very educated on it. So, they still count on the phone. Hell, some seniors don't even own a cell phone. Some aren't as independent as you think and outlets for help aren't plentiful.

Maybe someday you'll live to the age near 90. If you do, you had better pray you have control of your faculties. Because you might not get there or have those faculties if you do. For a man turning 88 shortly, he is incredible shape physically and mentally. And even he had problems scheduling an appointment. He has always been very aware of his physical well being and never misses a doc apt. He is still driving and is very independent.

The only thing I can think of that he worries about or has a concern with is the thought of being dependent on anyone else. I have heard that lecture from him many times. It is probably normal for anyone still able to function by himself.

I don't think guys like you understand how hard it is for some of these seniors to let go of control of their lives, even when they should. You might be surprised how many of them don't understand their Medicare Supplement plans, or Medicare Advantage plans or Part D drug cards. It's more than you think.

Try not to blame this too much on the seniors and show some patience, because hopefully, your time is coming.

My dad has a computer and is pretty saavy on it. And in the second part of your first sentence are things you didn't initially say. You blamed it entirely on the elderly. If you had said this in the first place, I wouldn't have had much of a problem with it because my dad was trying for weeks. He knows how to use the resources. But the resources suck.

We don't live somewhere downstate where the availability might be less and driving to get the shot is further. We live here in Will County where you would think things might be smoother. They aren't.

You assume a few things. First, not all elderly people have family who can help. Some do, but they might not be local. Second, as incredible as it may seem to you, not all elderly people even own a computer and can't get to the library to use one. Some who do, aren't very educated on it. So, they still count on the phone. Hell, some seniors don't even own a cell phone. Some aren't as independent as you think and outlets for help aren't plentiful.

Maybe someday you'll live to the age near 90. If you do, you had better pray you have control of your faculties. Because you might not get there or have those faculties if you do. For a man turning 88 shortly, he is incredible shape physically and mentally. And even he had problems scheduling an appointment. He has always been very aware of his physical well being and never misses a doc apt. He is still driving and is very independent.

The only thing I can think of that he worries about or has a concern with is the thought of being dependent on anyone else. I have heard that lecture from him many times. It is probably normal for anyone still able to function by himself.

I don't think guys like you understand how hard it is for some of these seniors to let go of control of their lives, even when they should. You might be surprised how many of them don't understand their Medicare Supplement plans, or Medicare Advantage plans or Part D drug cards. It's more than you think.

Try not to blame this too much on the seniors and show some patience, because hopefully, your time is coming.

You're going to pull a muscle reaching to vilify me for the comment. I clarified in my second post.

How about this instead: If you are in a group where you should be able to easily get the vaccine and you cannot access the proper channels, please reach out to someone for help. Church groups, VFW halls, KofC, your family, more tech savvy friends. Anything. I want nothing more than for people in harms way vaccinated first.

Better? Bunch of snowflakes on here, jeez.

Thank god for streams lmao!!

In my game previews this past week, I listed all the streaming info for each team in my area. I plan to do that all season long.

Streaming games. no matter what sport or level of that sport, is the wave of the future for HS sports. I talked to parents and they like it, especially when their child's sporting events are right after school. Also, is extremely helpful for grandparents who don't have to walk a long way in parking lots, drive in the dark or bad weather, or sit in bleachers.

In my game previews this past week, I listed all the streaming info for each team in my area. I plan to do that all season long.

Streaming games. no matter what sport or level of that sport, is the wave of the future for HS sports. I talked to parents and they like it, especially when their child's sporting events are right after school. Also, is extremely helpful for grandparents who don't have to walk a long way in parking lots, drive in the dark or bad weather, or sit in bleachers.
The biggest complaint I heard from Grandparents is "they can't see the numbers", but they did enjoy getting to watch.

You're going to pull a muscle reaching to vilify me for the comment. I clarified in my second post.

How about this instead: If you are in a group where you should be able to easily get the vaccine and you cannot access the proper channels, please reach out to someone for help. Church groups, VFW halls, KofC, your family, more tech savvy friends. Anything. I want nothing more than for people in harms way vaccinated first.

Better? Bunch of snowflakes on here, jeez.
To address your first sentence. You did clarify in your second post. But, my initial post addressed your first one prompting that clarification. I have learned, the first thought a person has, is usually what they really feel. Second, we all say things without thinking and that can make it come out wrong. But, writing takes thought. Plus, we all have the opportunity to change our thoughts before posting. We might later realize we didn't think of something or two when posting. It happens.

I agree with reaching out for help. But, with some seniors it just doesn't happen. In the case of my dad he did try several times and was getting nowhere. Typical government run crap. Lots of issues, costs way too high and embarrassing results.

I agree with you on the snowflake comment. If this sh*t was up to me, the kids would have played a real season of football last fall and Illinois would be fully opened by now. But, I don't run things. The snowflakes do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT