ADVERTISEMENT

25% capacity

I watched some of the Manteno @ Reed Custer game on video, and just got the boosters photos on Facebook. Visitors side was about 95% empty. Home side, the Comets put their band in folding chairs on the track. The sections where the band usually sits had one person each in them...very few people along the fence. Home side was maybe 10% otherwise...Clearly more effort can be put into fans attending at this point...

To address your first sentence. You did clarify in your second post. But, my initial post addressed your first one prompting that clarification. I have learned, the first thought a person has, is usually what they really feel. Second, we all say things without thinking and that can make it come out wrong. But, writing takes thought. Plus, we all have the opportunity to change our thoughts before posting. We might later realize we didn't think of something or two when posting. It happens.

I agree with reaching out for help. But, with some seniors it just doesn't happen. In the case of my dad he did try several times and was getting nowhere. Typical government run crap. Lots of issues, costs way too high and embarrassing results.

I agree with you on the snowflake comment. If this sh*t was up to me, the kids would have played a real season of football last fall and Illinois would be fully opened by now. But, I don't run things. The snowflakes do.

I don’t want to add to this thread but one thing that you said struck me in that writing takes thought. It does but to be fair many times what is written doesn’t always mean exactly what you we’re trying to say and sometimes you wish you could take it back. That’s when you wish you would of just picked up the phone said what you meant.
😂

Last edited:
I don’t want to add to this thread but one thing that you said struck me in that writing takes thought. It does but to be fair many times what is written doesn’t always mean exactly what you we’re trying to say and sometimes you wish you could take it back. That’s when you wish you would of just picked up the phone said what you meant.
😂

This.

My derision wasn't for the elderly, which I should have pointed out. It's for their family who aren't double and triple and quadruple checking to make sure they are taken care of in times like these.

And no, I'm not disparaging you. If you ask multiple times and an elderly family member lies, that's not your fault. I just want everyone safe and everything back to normal. Not the new normal, just normal.

Reactions: Gene K. and corey90
Hillsborough HS in IL:
No capacity limit. Everyone come on in.
Concessions open!
Masks and social distancing are recommended, not required

Just an update. There are schools in this state that are showing what is going on. They are a HS that is supposedly under the same mandates and rules that schools up here say they HAVE to do...OR ELSE. It's just not true. Obviously it's a smaller population than Chicago area schools, but the mandates are supposed to be everywhere right?

It may be a breath of fresh air to start traveling south for some games. You'll get in and it will feel normal!

Reactions: Bwm57 and go_rice
Hillsborough HS in IL:
No capacity limit. Everyone come on in.
Concessions open!
Masks and social distancing are recommended, not required

Just an update. There are schools in this state that are showing what is going on. They are a HS that is supposedly under the same mandates and rules that schools up here say they HAVE to do...OR ELSE. It's just not true. Obviously it's a smaller population than Chicago area schools, but the mandates are supposed to be everywhere right?

It may be a breath of fresh air to start traveling south for some games. You'll get in and it will feel normal!
Good post and very informative. Funny how I can't find this info in the usual media circles. Just another reason to be here on this board.

Might go to the Sox and Royals game next Saturday. But, may not because it won't feel normal.

Good post and very informative. Funny how I can't find this info in the usual media circles. Just another reason to be here on this board.

Might go to the Sox and Royals game next Saturday. But, may not because it won't feel normal.

Which "usual media circles" are covering Hillsborough HS???

I'm going to the Sox game Saturday. Any live sports are better than none!

Reactions: Gene K.

Point is, usual media circles won't cover any "good news" surrounding Covid. But, they will cover the "impending doom" as expressed by the head of the CDC who says, "I'm going to lose the script and I'm going to reflect on the recurring feeling I have of impending doom," Walensky told a briefing with reporters. "Right now I'm scared." Ridiculous. Right in the wheelhouse of most in the media.

I just noticed your last line. Well, I watched the White Sox and Rockies game yesterday. As far as I knew it was live. As a matter of fact I have watched a lot of games live. They were on TV but they were live. I am guessing you mean, in person? LOL

Before you get crazy, I knew what you meant. Just pulling your chain.

• Haha
Reactions: mchsalumni
I saw Dr. Ezike threw out the first pitch at the Cubs game yesterday. Pretty good throw. That's about all she's been on target with this past year though. Talking baseball only...... !!

Can you get tickets at face value? Can anyone?
When I looked, upper deck seats in section 538 row 10 were going for $28.00 each. There were several available. So, I am sure that is face value. You probably could have answered your own question by simply going online and checking for yourself.

Can you get tickets at face value? Can anyone?

Season ticket holder (partial) so for me it's face value. Not sure what the pricing is on the secondary market, but based on supply and demand, I would guess over face value.

Reactions: Blue Ruin
I did go online to check, but the answer is complicated, which is why I didn't ask you.
No, the answer is right in front of you if you were online. Obviously you don't have the intelligence to either find the answer or use the internet. Now I know why you asked.

Season ticket holder (partial) so for me it's face value. Not sure what the pricing is on the secondary market, but based on supply and demand, I would guess over face value.
How much were tix in section 538 row 10? Do you have that information?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT