NILES NORTH @ VERNON HILLS
NILES WEST @ MAINE WEST

SOUTH
GLENBROOK NORTH @ EVANSTON
MAINE SOUTH @ DEERFIELD
NEW TRIER @ GLENBROOK SOUTH

Last edited:
Reactions: ignazio
When did Niles West and Deerfield switch divisions? Is this enrollment #s or performance related?

When did Niles West and Deerfield switch divisions? Is this enrollment #s or performance related?
It was not enrollment. Deerfield is the smallest school in all of the Central Suburban League. It is performance related. Deerfield was dominating the rest of the CSL North in all sports. The move was based on success in all sports, not just football.

Reactions: ChiTown Chuggers
I think you have it backwards.
The move was made due to Niles West’s lack of success. Niles West and Niles North have both been moved to the North division, in recent years, due to lack of success.

I think you have it backwards.
The move was made due to Niles West’s lack of success. Niles West and Niles North have both been moved to the North division, in recent years, due to lack of success.
To say it’s all due to Niles West’s lack of success is simply not true. That may be the other half of it though.

Originally the conference moved Niles North into the south division when Waukegan left and Vernon Hills joined. Niles North had a very difficult time as a member of the south division.
The conference did an analysis of each school’s athletic performance over 20 common sports . A point value was assigned based on success. First, Niles North was adjusted down and since Niles West has been moved. I don’t know what else to call it-but lack of success prompted both of these moves.

Originally the conference moved Niles North into the south division when Waukegan left and Vernon Hills joined. Niles North had a very difficult time as a member of the south division.
The conference did an analysis of each school’s athletic performance over 20 common sports . A point value was assigned based on success. First, Niles North was adjusted down and since Niles West has been moved. I don’t know what else to call it-but lack of success prompted both of these moves.
I never asked anyone about it or really paid attention to teams moving around. Thanks for the info. Did they weight all sports equally when they did this?

Reactions: MIKEFTB
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT