ADVERTISEMENT

Althoff Over Mater Dei 41-22, Hill with 3 TDs

crusader_of_90

Nov 1, 2003
Sauget, IL
archviewsecurity.com
Tied at 20 entering the 4th, then Althoff took over against the now 5-2 Knights who look to be in 4A. Too many flags - most against Mater Dei, 150 yards. At some point, just let the boys play, why don't ya?

Watched the game from the "outer ring" with cocktails with my old linebacker coach/team attorney who had his own team for four years. Was nice for us to dissect with no filters. Hill is no Hickey, but very serviceable. We do not see Bama in his future, especially with the drops we saw tonight.

We bitched a lot but reminded ourselves this is 1a ball ... Althoff will be a tough out in the playoffs.

Had a drink with Coach Schott's first captain ... back in 1970 when the old man was over-capacity full of piss and vinegar ... those practices would make parents today poop limestone pebbles and result in police calls. We laughed about water deprivation.

Very pleasant evening in West Belleville with both teams tailgating in the adjacent Saint Henry's parking lot.

Congrats on the win.

I watched a bit on the web. Seemed like a choppy game, lots of flags. Was a little closer than I anticipated.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
All.... Hey now define outer ring! Inquiring (rodents) minds want to know what that is. Ratsy

Not inside amongst the paying folks - watched from the parking lot, on the fence. I did pay some Queen of Peace kids to get me food - gave them a $20 and asked for a dog and burger, spend the rest on yourselves. So I felt I contributed something.

I did not want to bring a drink into the stadium. Several others followed suit.

Archview Security did just recently donate a new 12x8 American Flag as well.

Tied at 20 entering the 4th, then Althoff took over against the now 5-2 Knights who look to be in 4A. Too many flags - most against Mater Dei, 150 yards. At some point, just let the boys play, why don't ya?

Watched the game from the "outer ring" with cocktails with my old linebacker coach/team attorney who had his own team for four years. Was nice for us to dissect with no filters. Hill is no Hickey, but very serviceable. We do not see Bama in his future, especially with the drops we saw tonight.

We bitched a lot but reminded ourselves this is 1a ball ... Althoff will be a tough out in the playoffs.

Had a drink with Coach Schott's first captain ... back in 1970 when the old man was over-capacity full of piss and vinegar ... those practices would make parents today poop limestone pebbles and result in police calls. We laughed about water deprivation.

Very pleasant evening in West Belleville with both teams tailgating in the adjacent Saint Henry's parking lot.
In attendance for the game. Agree, too many flags, some head scratchers... Regardless, I thought 2A Mater Dei, played with a lot of heart. Althoff size and talent finally wore down Mater Dei in the 4th. Althoff should dominate the 1A playoff bracket. Althoff is a very good team, but don't think they could compete against the '89 Crusaders.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
Yikes - I thought they were in a bigger class.

Ya know, it never once crossed my mind how this team would fare against my teams. I won't comment further on that subject.
This current team would struggle in 3A/4A. We will see how it plays out in 1A.

All.... Hey now define outer ring! Inquiring (rodents) minds want to know what that is. Ratsy
Much as you have the wooded peninsula (the corner), and we have "the tailgate house," the MD faithful always have a nice spread. QND/BMD games are always a fun event, except for twice, well thrice, when they weren't so nice. (2005, 2006, 2019) The heat level rose on those three days. Two of them playoff contests, the other a blowout taken not so well by one side. The QND faithful (all of age, 100% parents of players) filled up on a bit too much Goose and juice that day during their 3 hour trip south on the "fan bus."

Mater Dei has done some great work on their facility in the years I've been attending games there. Parking is a challenge in some cases, but the party happens over behind the row of homes off Cherry St, although I've seen over the years some gatherings being had from the homes on 11th.

Regardless, is it really a small city/town Catholic football game if there isn't a group sipping cocktails along a fence outside the gates? I believe that's a requirement. A bit tougher a task at SHG these days. But we let it slide since you've got the Taj Mahal of facilities for private schools, maybe in the whole state.

Edit: Sidenote, Ratsy, when will one of the numerous donors at SHG pony up and buy the chunk of land west of the KL field? Could make for the Taj Mahal of tailgating setups to match your Stadia.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT