ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Fall Conference Talk: CCL/ESCC Blue

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Is it me or will the conference still be good.....but different with a lot of key team graduating a TON of seniors.......

Please post your thoughts on the 2021 Fall CCL/ESCC Blue here.

All..... How good are the Celtics going to be this year? Do they have a lot coming back in key positions? With their non multiplied (taxed) enrollment of 858 for the 21/22 and 22/23 season that looks to put them in class 5A. ( blue looks like green or possibly orange to me and none of my sources will tell me lol) They could be a very tough out in postseason play. Anyone? Ratsy

Last edited:
Is it me or will the conference still be good.....but different with a lot of key team graduating a TON of seniors.......

Please post your thoughts on the 2021 Fall CCL/ESCC Blue here.
I won’t call it a rebuild but it’s a hefty reload at MC. QB is a huge question as I don’t think Brandon Rogers will be healthy but we’ll see. Talent at RB with Enzo De Rosa and Darrion Dupree. Look for Tucker Miller, Joey Thompson and Jared Bossie to get a lot of touches at receivers. Line will need to replace 4 guys but has a lot off talent in the cupboard on the OL lead by Boersma (6’5 280) and Aidan Durig (6’4 290).

Defense they will return some talent. Asher Tomaninski (SP) and Elliott Lewis return on the DL. Bobby Medina got some play as Soph on the DL on Varsity. Laquan Battle suffered a severe leg injury in the Spring and is doubtful. Derek Whatley did outstanding at LB in the Spring, look for him Josh, Kroll and Danny Novikas at LB. Three year starter JT Harris will lead the secondary with Arrington returning at Safety. Owen Shickel will be a name to watch. My honest VERY early prediction, because they are in the strong Blue Conf, 6-3 in 21 and a very, very strong team in 22.

Reactions: MC2023 and Jenny27
I'm with you, Edgy. Blue may be a slightly different shade of blue, but it still will send three or four teams to the playoffs. As for MC, we'll know early. If they beat Rita and then show improvement with each game, as has been their habit lately, they should beat Loyola too. I'm calling it 8-1, if not 9-0.

Reactions: Jenny27
I'm with you, Edgy. Blue may be a slightly different shade of blue, but it still will send three or four teams to the playoffs. As for MC, we'll know early. If they beat Rita and then show improvement with each game, as has been their habit lately, they should beat Loyola too. I'm calling it 8-1, if not 9-0.
Loyola is going to be very very good again this coming season. I wouldn’t count my chickens.

BR returns 6 on offense and 6 on defense. A few others returning that started some games/played a lot of snaps.

Hoping for at least 5 wins. Will very likely be underdogs vs all Blue and JCA. Assuming they lose those 4...can’t slip up elsewhere.

Well. we'll see. Vaughn Pemberton will be hard to replace, like Jalen Grant. I think Mt. Carmel will be fine, but Rice will make some noise, maybe a lot of noise in the glossy suburb of Wilmette.
Loyola is loaded. That other RB they had who saw a lot of time is back and dangerous. Great interior DL. The usual big OL. They simply reload. James Kyle unfortunate retirement from playing is their only knock.

BR returns 6 on offense and 6 on defense. A few others returning that started some games/played a lot of snaps.

Hoping for at least 5 wins. Will very likely be underdogs vs all Blue and JCA. Assuming they lose those 4...can’t slip up elsewhere.
Lausch is Lausch so your good there. Needs to work on his passing, he averaged about 80 yards a game in the Spring but his athletic ability is near the best in the division. Replacing Willie Shaw is huge. He was the offense in 2019 and when he got cooking in the Spring so did BR. The other Shaw is talented but you put him at RB you lose him at WR, which is also a position they need to reload at. Will miss Whealen off the end and Jones in the middle...and Powell, Love and Sommers, but still have good talent on D. Im really looking forward to seeing some new players this year across the board in the Blue.

Reactions: Gene K.

No one's beating the Rambler next season in the regular season. Playoffs? Will have to see the route.

Reactions: Bowie50
All..... How good are the Celtics going to be this year? Do they have a lot coming back in key positions? With their non multiplied (taxed) enrollment of 858 for the 21/22 and 22/23 season that looks to put them in class 5A. ( blue looks like green or possibly orange to me and none of my sources will tell me lol) They could be a very tough out in postseason play. Anyone? Ratsy
Strong RB with Vaughn but not a whole lot more. PC was very weak at the lower levels the past years, even being unable to field some teams. Unfortunately I think their better days are behind them for awhile and I hope they make comeback soon

Reactions: Jenny27
Strong RB with Vaughn but not a whole lot more. PC was very weak at the lower levels the past years, even being unable to field some teams. Unfortunately I think their better days are behind them for awhile and I hope they make comeback soon
All.... Thank you! Now back to our regular programming. Ratsy

• Haha
Reactions: Gene K.
Coogan is a big loss for Marist but they should be okay otherwise. Got a returning D1 quarterback who now has started 1.5 seasons. Alot of talent at the freshman and sophomore levels on offense as well. Also don't forget about NU commit big Danny Duece Mcguire on the line. Marist has shown they belong over the last 10 years now. Were close in several big games each of last 2 seasons that got away from them late. Ron Dawzak always has those boys ready.

Reactions: Gene K. and Jenny27
Well. we'll see. Vaughn Pemberton will be hard to replace, like Jalen Grant. I think Mt. Carmel will be fine, but Rice will make some noise, maybe a lot of noise in the glossy suburb of Wilmette.
You talk a lot of shit for someone who’s usually wrong. Do you watch IL HS football? Aren’t you the same guy that said LA wouldn’t have 50 yards the entire game against Marist? Did you watch the game, because LA’s junior RB (Marco Maldonado) ran wild too. Remember, LA has Holacek. All LA does is reload, guy! Great day to be a Rambler!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: lookoutforliam

You old sandbagging son of a gun. Rice is going to be awesome in the Fall. The Blue will be scary deep, as always. We will beat the crap out of each other in the regular season and be well prepared for PO runs.

Last edited:
I won’t call it a rebuild but it’s a hefty reload at MC. QB is a huge question as I don’t think Brandon Rogers will be healthy but we’ll see. Talent at RB with Enzo De Rosa and Darrion Dupree. Look for Tucker Miller, Joey Thompson and Jared Bossie to get a lot of touches at receivers. Line will need to replace 4 guys but has a lot off talent in the cupboard on the OL lead by Boersma (6’5 280) and Aidan Durig (6’4 290).

Defense they will return some talent. Asher Tomaninski (SP) and Elliott Lewis return on the DL. Bobby Medina got some play as Soph on the DL on Varsity. Laquan Battle suffered a severe leg injury in the Spring and is doubtful. Derek Whatley did outstanding at LB in the Spring, look for him Josh, Kroll and Danny Novikas at LB. Three year starter JT Harris will lead the secondary with Arrington returning at Safety. Owen Shickel will be a name to watch. My honest VERY early prediction, because they are in the strong Blue Conf, 6-3 in 21 and a very, very strong team in 22.
While I love the talent in the pipeline, it is still going to be a junior-laden team with a handful of sophs and the schedule is loaded. Right off the bat at Rita and Kaleb Brown. 2019 was predominantly juniors also but they were set at the QB position with Lynch who had a year on Varsity as the backup and the spot is wide open now.

Last edited:
Loyola is loaded. That other RB they had who saw a lot of time is back and dangerous. Great interior DL. The usual big OL. They simply reload. James Kyle unfortunate retirement from playing is their only knock.
FYI - 5/01/21 James Kyle announced on Twitter that despite being on blood thinners due to some unprovoked blood clots in his lungs. He will be playing football in the Fall for LA.

The Caravan has a lot of offensive weapons, both runners and receivers, and a line that will anchored by Aiden Duerig, at 6-4, 300, Ryan Boersma, 6-8, 280, and Calan Burns, 6-1, 295. The defensive line will be anchored by Asher Tomaszewski, 6-4, 265. Carmel doesn't lack for size. The skill positions are covered except for one. Will Brandon Rogers, a senior next year and a transfer from Rice, be ready to play? We don't know, but either Blainey Dowling, a junior next year, and Jake Duggar, a sophomore, could step into the breach.

FYI - 5/01/21 James Kyle announced on Twitter that despite being on blood thinners due to some unprovoked blood clots in his lungs. He will be playing football in the Fall for LA.
Oh Wow, good for him! It doesn’t sound like the safest thing with his condition but if the doctor says it’s OK.

Reactions: lookoutforliam
The Caravan has a lot of offensive weapons, both runners and receivers, and a line that will anchored by Aiden Duerig, at 6-4, 300, Ryan Boersma, 6-8, 280, and Calan Burns, 6-1, 295. The defensive line will be anchored by Asher Tomaszewski, 6-4, 265. Carmel doesn't lack for size. The skill positions are covered except for one. Will Brandon Rogers, a senior next year and a transfer from Rice, be ready to play? We don't know, but either Blainey Dowling, a junior next year, and Jake Duggar, a sophomore, could step into the breach.
Well....Burns does have size....I’ll stop at that though. There are some good options coming to Varsity. Eddie Fleck was a Varsity reserve to start the season but went back down to Sophomore, he has good strength and size. Jake Cronin, is as tough as they come. Chuck Toland is a big guy and Sam Singleton is enourmous, 6’4 350 and then some, but needs a LOT of conditioning. As far as QB there is another likely candidate if not Rogers but I’ll keep you posted on what happens.

Reactions: MC2023
I feel good about where things will end up. The playing time accrued in the Spring from the juniors and sophs will only help in the Fall. Just might take some time to gel offensively. I think that Week 6 BR game at home is going to be a huge barometer mid season on where things are at. *hearing BR got a huge addition from the transfer portal to making that game even more difficult as well as Badke's last game vs MC

Reactions: USD24
The consensus preseason rankings would seem to be:

1. LA - the kings of the Blue until proven otherwise
2. Rice - 14 returning starters
3. Marist - solid Sr. class but some key losses
4. MC - Strong Jr. class but an unsettled QB situation

Marist with its speedy 3 year starting QB along with a solid TE and 3 OLs returning will put a lot of points on board. They lose their top WRs and RB but have a decent group to fill in. Defense is going to be the question mark for them. Losing Hill, Archer and Schultz along the front line will be a hit as well as 3 of their DBs

Marist with its speedy 3 year starting QB along with a solid TE and 3 OLs returning will put a lot of points on board. They lose their top WRs and RB but have a decent group to fill in. Defense is going to be the question mark for them. Losing Hill, Archer and Schultz along the front line will be a hit as well as 3 of their DBs
There was a rumor Tate was coming back but I don’t think it ever got too much momentum. He’s getting too much attention at IMG to leave before the fall season. The senior class to he has talent. They were undefeated as freshman and went 7-1-1 as Sophomores with Jackson playing Varsity. They have a junior to be WR named Simms that’s getting a ton of press but never cracked Varsity much as a Sophomore. MC may definitely have its turn being 5-4 and then making playoff noise...and they have to beat Phillips too....

Although not in the Blue St. Rita might cause a disruption in the Blue. They lost to LA 7-3 and beat MC.

Well, let's hope that becomes a reality on 9/27/21 for us Cascia fans.

At this point, though, MC 24, SR 17.

And besides--no matter who the favorite is--the outcomes are always unpredictable.

Let the record also reflect that in August of 2019 Justin Lynch was an unknown quantity and received only a lukewarm endorsement from some members of this board.

Reactions: sporthog9er
3 out of the last 4, 8 out of the last 12 regular season games?

But I'll give the nod to MC . SR may have the best player in the state but MC has a much deeper bench.
My response was directed at Corey post that SR beat MC in the Spring, which they did not because they didn’t play. It was meant over a period of time.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT