ADVERTISEMENT

Restrictions are coming to Return to Play

I’m glad I’m heading into a weak cellular area for vacation. This conversation is like Groundhog Day.

Reactions: Laurarube
Should teachers be allowed to strike? Should medical professions be allowed to strike? Perhaps it is time for no strike laws for teachers and other critical profession as there are for other occupations. Mandatory arbitration is in place for other occupations who have a no strike option.

Reactions: Blue Ruin
A lot of teachers in their fifties already have enough time on the job to retire with a pension. Some Chicago unions let their members retire at 50% after 20 years. Some are ready to go at 20 and some want to max it out.

A lot of teachers in their fifties already have enough time on the job to retire with a pension. Some Chicago unions let their members retire at 50% after 20 years. Some are ready to go at 20 and some want to max it out.

Glebards just came out with plan. School building will be open from 7:30 to 11:45 then go home no lunch. Busing problem solved. Student body split into two groups, A and B. A goes Monday Thursday B goes Tuesday Friday Wednesday is remote whatever. They will have the same number of courses as before but they will be onsite instructed only one day a week rather than five Good luck on things like math and foreigner language. If there are any after school sports/activities allowed, they could be in the early afternoon

That is just a stupid comment. What potential life threatening virus has been exposed like Covid 19?
Someone disagrees with you and your first thought is to call the comment stupid. People like you are why we have so many problems with discussions in this country.

How about the flu? That can be life threatening...especially to young people. Now, put your Starbucks away and settle down.

Most teachers do not have the option of not returning unless they are comfortable quitting their job. They may complain on facebook but when push comes to shove, almost all will be back when told.

The funny thing is that if you are a teacher with all the new procedures and practices being put in place you are less likely to get sick now then you were last year before Covid when people could just send their sick kids to school. My son has been back in daycare for almost a month and not even a runny nose yet, previously in daycare he would have been sick within a week. Between temperature checks, banning parents from the building and daily cleanings out breaks will be less likely in schools as compared to other venues.

Last edited:
Someone disagrees with you and your first thought is to call the comment stupid. People like you are why we have so many problems with discussions in this country.

How about the flu? That can be life threatening...especially to young people. Now, put your Starbucks away and settle down.
Yes when you make a stupid comment I will call it stupid. When someone makes an intelligent comment I will commend them for doing such. PS- I have never drank Starbucks.

I personally have advanced to the acceptance phase of everything that is going on. I’ve tried being as optimistic as possible, however, it is apparent that there will not be a high school football season this fall. In regards to football potentially being played in the spring, what if a vaccine still doesn’t exist, which is a very real possibility.

15,000 cases in Florida yesterday...900 in IL out of 38,000 tested....what’s that %? Anyone know Florida’s plan? I can’t see IMG traveling this year.

Yes when you make a stupid comment I will call it stupid. When someone makes an intelligent comment I will commend them for doing such. PS- I have never drank Starbucks.
Don't act like your opinion is the only one here. Just because you call something stupid, doesn't make it so. As for Starbucks, I was trying to give you a reason or excuse for being so disagreeable and angry. Guess the problem is deeper than that.

15,000 cases in Florida yesterday...900 in IL out of 38,000 tested....what’s that %? Anyone know Florida’s plan? I can’t see IMG traveling this year.
Just under 2.4%. I wonder how many stay asymptomatic and never get sick. Good news is the flu numbers will be way down with people washing their hands, wearing masks, and social distancing.

Florida's plan was to let Disney World to open. MLB and NFL are both going to play. NBA is in Orlando and playing, but their players are complaining they all don't have penthouses... and they all had to leave their posses at home.

Totally different transmission but transmission could EXACTLY in the same type of contact if open wounds. Not sure that I played ever without some sort of blood.

And I know I "snotted" on a few guys and it's happened to me.

True but blood is treated differently than it was when we played. Those protocols are to remove a player from the field until the wound is bandaged. Do they catch every player that is bleeding? No but definitely less players out there with blood on their skin or uniforms.

Reactions: crusader_of_90

LMAO

Bloodborne Pathogens training explains how bodily fluids and exposure to them are handled. I have never dealt with any bloodborne pathogens that are transmitted through exchange of respiratory droplets and potentially remain airborne for some time.
Bloodborne Pathogens training explains how bodily fluids and exposure to them are handled. I have never dealt with any bloodborne pathogens that are transmitted through exchange of respiratory droplets and potentially remain airborne for some time.
I didn't say it was the same- I just never heard anyone ask the question before.

Don't act like your opinion is the only one here. Just because you call something stupid, doesn't make it so. As for Starbucks, I was trying to give you a reason or excuse for being so disagreeable and angry. Guess the problem is deeper than that.
Didn't mean to hurt you feelings- I'm sorry.

Reactions: Gene K.
Didn't mean to hurt you feelings- I'm sorry.
Honestly you couldn't hurt my feelings. And I didn't realize you have anger issues. It is me who hurt your feelings with my post which explains your aggravation. It's all good with me. But, I hope you're doing better tomorrow.

And you never did answer about the flu. That can be dangerous...especially to young people.

Honestly you couldn't hurt my feelings. And I didn't realize you have anger issues. It is me who hurt your feelings with my post which explains your aggravation. It's all good with me. But, I hope you're doing better tomorrow.

And you never did answer about the flu. That can be dangerous...especially to young people.
When was the last time you worried about your child (if you have them) dying from the flu? The problem right now with Covid is no on knows what the long term effects may be - since there no long term study. Read some of the autopsy reports - they are not pretty what this thing is doing to the human body. We simply don't really know anything about it this virus. BTW - 90% of influenza deaths are 65 and older - that comes from a lot longer study than five months.

Reactions: Laurarube and Zebra
That's for education, not football. No guidance yet provided by ihsa for football masks/shields. Maybe could work!
Other than the IHSA guidelines must mirror ISBE per Craig Anderson. Currently players must wear masks when social distance cannot be maintained. If they show up with a face shield...as Hawk Harrelson would say...He Gone.

Other than the IHSA guidelines must mirror ISBE per Craig Anderson. Currently players must wear masks when social distance cannot be maintained. If they show up with a face shield...as Hawk Harrelson would say...He Gone.
Man wish that was true, but it isn't. You better tell the 4 schools in will county that already purchased some with approval from IHSA.

Man wish that was true, but it isn't. You better tell the 4 schools in will county that already purchased some with approval from IHSA.
You better tell them. They’re the ones that will need to wear masks under them. Or Maybe it was just a wasted investment. I guess we’ll know in two weeks. Do their budgets get refunded or will they try to use them in 2021?

You better tell them. They’re the ones that will need to wear masks under them. Or Maybe it was just a wasted investment. I guess we’ll know in two weeks. Do their budgets get refunded or will they try to use them in 2021?
No I won't bother telling them because the IHSA said it's all good, there are no provisions on face shields being illegal in football. Not allowed in school like you pointed out, but ok in football. Budgets are good. Do you happen to think every isbe rule must be the same for sports? You are aware that the IHSA works in connection with the ISBE, but it is allowed to operate under different guidelines correct? You sound like you are in the know, I would hope so. But if you can provide any documentation directly from the ihsa that says the face shields aren't allowed, I'll listen. That may be coming down the road, maybe not, but for the time being it's still not illegal.

I never said they were illegal. I said they are insufficient. I’m sure they can wear them legally. It just may be a bit overkill with the mask on underneath it.

Reactions: PowerI66
True we may have to see how they fit. There won't be any mask on while playing under it, that much is for sure as again that is nowhere to be seen as a mask is required to play the sport outside during a game. At least not yet.

True we may have to see how they fit. There won't be any mask on while playing under it, that much is for sure as again that is nowhere to be seen as a mask is required to play the sport outside during a game. At least not yet.
There is to requirement to practice the sport inside a 6ft distance. So what makes you think it won’t carry over into competition? In 30 days?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT