ADVERTISEMENT

Restrictions are coming to Return to Play

Didn't say it wouldn't. I said there isn't any verbage at all that masks will be required to play in competition, at least not yet. Maybe it will, maybe it won't.

Didn't say it wouldn't. I said there isn't any verbage at all that masks will be required to play in competition, at least not yet. Maybe it will, maybe it won't.
Assuming there’s competition. The exchange you and I have had is exactly why the season is at risk. Absolutely zero clarity on how to manage risk if it’s even possible. As a result four programs in Will County are apparently investing thousands of dollars into a product that may not be useful in an event that may not even take place.

Assuming there’s competition. The exchange you and I have had is exactly why the season is at risk. Absolutely zero clarity on how to manage risk if it’s even possible. As a result four programs in Will County are apparently investing thousands of dollars into a product that may not be useful in an event that may not even take place.
You both may be right or you both may be wrong, the truth is probably somewhere in between.

But rest assured that if these new face shields are approved or being approved by the NFL then they are almost certainly adequate replacements for face mask requirements. That mega-billion dollar industry will have the best people working on the problem.

If that’s the case who pays for them? When are they produced and delivered to high schools. There are several programs currently waiting on deliveries from Schutt and Riddell orders placed in January because of factory shutdowns from Covid. Potentially the right product definitely the wrong time. If only there was a stockpile of masks... but that’s old news.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT