ADVERTISEMENT

LA 23 MC 21 FINAL

No injuries the whole game right? I could definitely be wrong as I had a few before, but glad that both teams came out of a hard-hitting game unscathed(to the best of my knowledge)

As far as the announcing I guess the had no real information after the three to five minute discussion of seeding in 8A either. Believed LWE would be number one seed with more playoff eligible teams. 7-5 . Wrong is never right. Hard to complain when it is the best TV coverage we get for HS football.

To be fair, the IHSA had the wrong record for LA’s first opponent - the Grand Rapids team - until after the game was over. So, based on the info the IHSA had on their site before and during the game, it did look like LA would be the #2 seed. Just turned out to be inaccurate.

Reactions: WIU78
As far as the announcing I guess the had no real information after the three to five minute discussion of seeding in 8A either. Believed LWE would be number one seed with more playoff eligible teams. 7-5 . Wrong is never right. Hard to complain when it is the best TV coverage we get for HS football.
I guess my question is why post anything if you don’t really know. I learned my lesson. I will wait until it’s coming from the school/AD. Or the Edge man. Lol
I trust Tim if he posts it.

Reactions: Silver Rain
Last year, in answer to the same question, McCaravan said that the U would post it on YouTube in six or seven months, and so it came to be.
They do with the State games I’m not sure about the regular season games that they broadcast. Last years MC/LA game isn’t on You Tube

Imagine ball busting someone on scheduling and then ... oh, well, you all know what a clown this guy is.

A majority of 8A opponents? Hmmm. LA is in 8A; Morgan Park might be, and I don't know about Notre Dame of Niles. But even if all three are 8A, that's only a third of our schedule -- hardly a majority.

But why stop here? You're falsely accusing us of playing one level down, while you guys are a predominant 6A team and you're actually playing in 3A. Tiny Tots, at best.

Any CCL team playing in a bracket below 6A should petition up for next season or forfeit their self respect.
Personally, I don't care if a team plays up, or not. However, your constant bashing of other schools that don't petition up, when your school plays 7A even though we all know they can easily compete in 8A, is the height of hypocrisy. Again, I don't have anything against MC. It's your attitude about playing up that I find laughable.

Personally, I don't care if a team plays up, or not. However, your constant bashing of other schools that don't petition up, when your school plays 7A even though we all know they can easily compete in 8A, is the height of hypocrisy. Again, I don't have anything against MC. It's your attitude about playing up that I find laughable.
Rules For Thee but Not for Me

Please do. Watch the MC stud RB get absolutely stood up on 4th and goal and then you can come back and give the LA D at least a few props. It was a great game by both teams. Best of luck to MC in the playoffs.
As a neutral observer I think it was fairly obvious Loyola's defense was extremely well coached and prepared to stop Dupree. They keyed on him all game and it was effective. Dupree still made some plays but it seemed after a while MC accepted that they were going to have to win another way. After that it seemed the plan was to go scramble drill with the QB or throw to 10.

To be fair, the IHSA had the wrong record for LA’s first opponent - the Grand Rapids team - until after the game was over. So, based on the info the IHSA had on their site before and during the game, it did look like LA would be the #2 seed. Just turned out to be inaccurate.
Shocking the IHSA would be wrong. Thank God for Edgytim.

Reactions: 4Afan
You could be right but when LWE is on the other side you know they have more than a punchers chance. We’re not there yet so take one game at a time.
I agree.. LWE staff and roster is the only ones that can compete with LA in 8A. The Defense is to strong for the rest to move the ball on. I hope I’m wrong and we see some competitive games.

I agree.. LWE staff and roster is the only ones that can compete with LA in 8A. The Defense is to strong for the rest to move the ball on. I hope I’m wrong and we see some competitive games.
Personally I think the only team other than LWE with an explosive enough offense to compete with Loyola is Barrington. But Loyola wouldn't play Barrington until the title game, and that is a big if, considering Barrington needs to top Maine South and then knock off LWE to even get there.

Reactions: rjjtwest
However, your constant bashing of other schools that don't petition up, when your school plays 7A even though we all know they can easily compete in 8A, is the height of hypocrisy.
A very wise person said that if a lie or misleading statement is repeated frequently enough, people begin to believe it. In this regard, supporters of schools who play well below their capabiliiltes in the post season are looking for justification. and trophies. Apparanetly you're happy to enable them..

Let's look at the figures.

You believe that we should petition up -- okay, what about student body? We have about 550 students -- all boys. If actual enrollment was the criterion, we'd probably wind up with an enrollment equivalent to 5A programs.

Playing one 8A opponent doesn't make us an 8A school. Check the schedule. MC played nine opponents this season. Only three were 7A or above. The other six were 6A or 5A. We're already playing above our pay grade.

I loved the list of people who gave you a "like" - guys who are anti-me, anti-MC, or anti-Catholic. There, I've said it.

Reactions: kwamizee and SMC34
A very wise person said that if a lie or misleading statement it repeated frequently enough, people begin to believe it. In this regard, supporters of schools who play well below their capabiliiltes in the post season are looking for justification. and trophies. Apparanetly you're happy to enable them..

You believe that we should petition up -- okay. We have about 550 students -- all boys. If actual attendance was the criterion, we'd probably wind up with an enrollment equivalent to 5A programs.

Playing one 8A opponent doesn't make us an 8A school. Check the schedule. MC played nine opponents this season. Only three were 7A or above. The other six were 6A or 5A. We're already playing above our pay grade.

I loved the list of people who gave you a "like" - guys who are anti-me, anti-MC, or anti-Catholic. There, I've said it.
I think it's pretty much people who are anti-you. You're about as likeable as a pop quiz in a first period class on a Monday.

A very wise person said that if a lie or misleading statement is repeated frequently enough, people begin to believe it. In this regard, supporters of schools who play well below their capabiliiltes in the post season are looking for justification. and trophies. Apparanetly you're happy to enable them..

You believe that we should petition up -- okay, what about student body? We have about 550 students -- all boys. If actual enrollment was the criterion, we'd probably wind up with an enrollment equivalent to 5A programs.

You are right, it is "anti-you".

I don't care about MC's actual enrollment, or who they play in the regular season, just like you don't care about IC's, JC's, etc. actual enrollment, when you constantly mock them for playing in lower classes.

In the last 9 years of playing 7A, MC has 3 titles, and a playoff record of 32-6. You, of all people, should be screaming at them to play 8A. Not win the 'meaningless' trophies in a lower class (paraphrasing your typical response to the smaller catholic schools).

Reactions: rjjtwest
I have no comment on the debate here regarding MC playing in 7A or 8A, but what I don't understand is why enrollment should matter for schools that can recruit. It doesn't seem to be a fair comparison to other schools in the various divisions who do not recruit and 90% of their student body has never touched a football, let alone was recruited to play it.

You are right, it is "anti-you".

I don't care about MC's actual enrollment, or who they play in the regular season, just like you don't care about IC's, JC's, etc. actual enrollment, when you constantly mock them for playing in lower classes.

In the last 9 years of playing 7A, MC has 3 titles, and a playoff record of 32-6. You, of all people, should be screaming at them to play 8A. Not win the 'meaningless' trophies in a lower class (paraphrasing your typical response to the smaller catholic schools).
I do care abut those schools' actual enrollmnts. They should be proud to do as well as they do against big and tough competition. That being said, however, that tough competition prepares them to play that same level of competition in November.

How does this not make sense to you?

Playing big time programs for two months and then takkng on a series of less sophisticated opponents should be beneath someone's dignity.

What school do you suppport, BTW?

I do care abut those schools' actual enrollmnts. They should be proud to do as well as they do against big and tough competition. That being said, however, that tough competition prepares them to play that same level of competition in November.

How does this not make sense to you?

Playing big time programs for two months and then takkng on a series of less sophisticated opponents should be beneath someone's dignity.

What school do you suppport, BTW?
So, in short, you want them to bring back "football enrollment"? That assigned teams to a class based on the average enrollment of all of their opponents.

So, in short, you want them to bring back "football enrollment"? That assigned teams to a class based on the average enrollment of all of their opponents.
No, I was merely pointing out my school does well against schools with much larger boys enrollments.

Why do so many of you guys leap to wild conclusions? Did they eliminate Logic in college?

Personally I think the only team other than LWE with an explosive enough offense to compete with Loyola is Barrington. But Loyola wouldn't play Barrington until the title game, and that is a big if, considering Barrington needs to top Maine South and then knock off LWE to even get there.
LA beats Barrington by 3+ scores

No, I was merely pointing out my school does well against schools with much larger boys enrollments.

Why do so many of you guys leap to wild conclusions? Did they eliminate Logic in college?
Your short term memory must be slipping so here's what you just posted earlier today. There's no leap or even a short step to a conclusion, you literally said teams who play in a large conference and don't petition up in the playoffs are beneath your respect.

Reactions: rjjtwest and MC63
Your short term memory must be slipping so here's what you just posted earlier today. There's no leap or even a short step to a conclusion, you literally said teams who play in a large conference and don't petition up in the playoffs are beneath your respect.
Bingo. He went on and on giving the impression about titles won at lower levels from teams playing some games against higher levels during the season as illegitimate or less legitimate. He included JCA specifically in that assessment. Then he went on to deny it or say it wasn't what he meant. Well, he wrote it and we all know what he meant.

Reactions: USD24 and rjjtwest

This is the hypocrisy right here. "We have 550 boys, we have the enrollment equivalent to a 5A program" seems to be your out for why 7A is ok and 8A is not necessary for MC.

JC fans can say "we have 300 boys and are more in the 3A enrollment range so playing 7A and up is quite a bit of a stretch" and you apply different expectations there despite the fact that MC is more woefully misplaced in 7A than JC is in 4A/5A.

MC benefits from being in 7A and not having to play the biggest of the boys. JC benefits from playing in 5A and getting to avoid the bigger boys. Neither one is placed in a class at their level of "sophistication" (your words). That said, MC is more in need of a bump up than anyone in the state. And despite your arbitrary expectations of "we play a lot of 7A schools so 7A is good enough" that is what makes all your hand wringing about other schools being inappropriately placed so hypocritical in that your school is the most incorrectly classified school. And to me that is a compliment to your program. But in your view, that is a knock on all other programs. And that vindictiveness is the difference between you and literally everyone else here. And it all stems from a weird desire to be able to say MC has the most championships and overall wins. They have neither right now, so you discredit JC and ESL because the facts don't fit your world narrative of MC always being the shiniest object.

Keep in mind that MC is the odds on favorite to win their class most years. Us smaller 5A schools are somehow misplaced because they are put in a meat grinder to have to knock off SF, Naz, Peoria, PC, JC, Morris, SHG, Sycamore, Prairie Ridge, and a bunch of other schools in a hotly contested, competitively appropriate environment. MC relative to their 7A "peers" is nowhere near as competitively balanced as those schools I mentioned above in 5A.

On two side notes, football enrollment is the answer to all of everyone's problems. For decades, schools were classified in the class where they played all year long. Your allegations of trophy shopping weren't even possible when there was FB enrollment and petitioning up wasn't an option.

Second side note, petitioning up is dumb. It denied us the opportunity to see the MC/LA rematch last fall and gave both schools a softer path to the title because LA ponied up and MC did not, so we were left with two unexciting paths to the championship. This year we have the case of Rita. They petitioned up, which is great. But now they will likely end their season with a 20-30 point loss to MC when it could have been ending with great clashes with St. Francis, Morris, Prairie Ridge, Sycamore, SHG, or Nazareth.

Last edited:
. And that vindictiveness is the difference between you and literally everyone else here.

Not so. Over the years, others have agreed with this position - including one from Lockport who now sides with you.

It's not vindictiveness.

Frankly, I can' see any level of satisfaction in winning a title you're overqualified for. Where's the honor? What is there to be proud of? It's like a seventh grader winning the fourth grade spelling bee.

What about the kids at the school who didn't get to the championship because someone unworthy took that spot?

I don't know the actual male enrollment of the public school teams in 7A this year, but I can guess that most have a lot more boys than my school. In 8a, there are schools with 3 times the boys in some years.

Why don't we just drop this? No one's mind is being changed.

MC runs it up the middle too often, even when it isn't helping them. Instead of running into the teeth of the Loyola defense, they should have gone around the edge, like Denny Furlong did two years ago against Batavia. Jack Elliott played pretty well, passing for three TDs, but he didn't involvee Dupree, one of his best receivers, in the passing game. An odd omission, considering that the Ramblers held Dupree to about 100 yards rushing and no touchdowns.

Last edited:
Frankly, I can' see any level of satisfaction in winning a title you're overqualified for. Where's the honor? What is there to be proud of? It's like a seventh grader winning the fourth grade spelling bee.

Why don't we just drop this? No one's mind is being changed.
First paragraph response. Remember you said that if MC wins the 7A title this year. Personally, I don't care, but apparently you do.

Second paragraph response. More proof you've lost yet another debate on this board. But you stubbornly press on and you will talk about this subject again in the future. On the one hand you want this subject to be dropped so you can slink away...again! Secondly, you ask to have the subject dropped and one minute later you respond to Silver Rain who also called for you to drop the subject for our sake, by saying "Then don't read it."

What the hell is wrong with you...really? Who besides you, does shit like this repeatedly? Do yourself a favor and take some time off. Just get away, take deep breaths and come to the realization that we aren't curing cancer here. Stop being an arrogant bore.

MC runs it up the middle too often, even when it isn't helping them. Instead of running into the teeth of the Loyola defense, they should have gone around the edge, like Denny Furlong did two years ago against Batavia. Jack Elliott played pretty well, passing for three TDs, but he didn't involvee Dupree, one of his best receivers, in the passing game. An odd omission, considering that the Ramblers held Dupree to about 100 yards rushing and no touchdowns.
I’d love to see more of that option pitch with Elliot and Dupree. IMO it would be lethal. They ran it once Vs. Loyola Saturday. And what is the status on Turbo? Not having him in the Loyola game (once before the half) was a huge blow.

Reactions: Silver Rain
I thought he played great. Got his first D1 offer on Monday to Akron. Can't knock Densmore as he had a career day with 175 yards receiving but if he catches that pass that hit him in his hands in the 3rd Q that could have been a game changer. Those are the breaks. Elliott will not come close to doing what Dowling did last year, that was just an amazing performance by him in 2022, 43 TD passes was probably more then the entire teams had in the 90's, but as a junior, he's way ahead of where Dowling during his junior year. He's at 1900 yards passing, 18 TD's and 5 INT and that's through 9 games. Those are better than Justin Lynch' numbers for the 2019 State team in 14 games.

LA prepared th shut down Dupree, and it worked for the most part. they didn't even use Turbo outside a couple plays....Pat Fitzgerald has a lot of free time to help review tape! :) But they went to the air and it worked for the most part, just some tough breaks on some drives. Is what it is, tough loss, LA played great, MC didn't have their best game and they were still in position to win at the end. 2022 game with a different outcome. On tot he State playoff's.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT