ADVERTISEMENT

LA 23 MC 21 FINAL

MC63
Field goals are a part of the game. If you don’t understand that well then you will eventually lose a game. If you have a good kicker a good coach will realize they have a talent/weapon on the team that can help them win a close game. If it’s early in the game the coach has to use strategy so not to regret leaving the talent on the bench. Again it’s a part of the game and always has been. Like it or not the coach made a decision that cost his team the game. It is what it is, it happens and the coach/MC will learn from it. Good luck in the playoffs. I am positive that MC will come back stronger than ever!
I know about all of that. Taking easy, cheap points is boring. I'd raher lose now and then rather than snore through the game.

As I said, I love how aggressive he is.

If that's ball busting, he has nothing to worry about.

BTW, how do things look for you in the 1A playoffs?
Same as MC lacking in 7A despite playing a majority of 8A schools all season. 🤷‍♂️

What I found confusing is why Lynch elected to defend the north end zone in the second half. You would think they would want the wind in the fourth quarter. It was swirling at times however. Good game between two great teams. Could have gone either way.

Last edited:
Reactions: ignazio
I stand corrected. I really thought MC was unbeatable. That doesn’t bode well for us 8A teams this year.
This year's LA team is not as good as last year's. Last year, both teams were almost equally matched. Today, MC played poorly, while Loyola played just good enough to win. Ryan Fitzgerald is pretty good, but he isn't as good as Jake Stearney, at least not yet. And Dupree was quite mistaken when he said that Jack Elliott is better than Blainey Dowling. Even if it were true, Dupree shouldn't have said it.

Reactions: MS4EVER
Best sight from the game today…Crazy Debbie who lives across the street and who went before the Wilmette Planning Board when Loyola was going for its lights and who said the Mt Carmel Southside fans brought an influx of crime to Wilmette, with a fist-full of cash waiving MC fans in to park in her drive and yard and having a bunch of hard core MC guys fully decked in brown and white tailgating pregame in her front yard…good times and you cant make this stuff up

This year's LA team is not as good as last year's. Last year, both teams were almost equally matched. Today, MC played poorly, while Loyola played just good enough to win. Ryan Fitzgerald is pretty good, but he isn't as good as Jake Stearney, at least not yet. And Dupree was quite mistaken when he said that Jack Elliott is better than Blainey Dowling. Even if it were true, Dupree shouldn't have said it.
Respectfully, disagree. This year’s team held Dupree to 0 big plays, Dupree played less than half the game last year. Don’t know stats, but Loyola’s rushing defense looked incredibly stout today. QB from MC was extremely slippery I will say. Dupree really didn’t do that much imo(partially play calling,especially 1st half)

Respectfully, disagree. This year’s team held Dupree to 0 big plays, Dupree played less than half the game last year. Don’t know stats, but Loyola’s rushing defense looked incredibly stout today. QB from MC was extremely slippery I will say. Dupree really didn’t do that much imo(partially play calling,especially 1st half)
Defense is definitely better, held MC to 21 pts. Offense is debatable.

LA burned two TOs in both 1st and 3rd quarters. Concerning.
Very questionable "targeting" call on a clean LB-RB tackle against LA.
Dab was refreshing, tater tots never came.

That targeting call was atrocious. Rb (best rb in the MW) lowered his head as well, what are you supposed to do?

Reactions: ignazio
The 2 TOs are another symptom of Tyler almost/blowing big games (2013,2016) With bliss behind him, hopefully he’ll feel the pressure and step up.

Same as MC lacking in 7A despite playing a majority of 8A schools all season. 🤷‍♂️
Imagine ball busting someone on scheduling and then ... oh, well, you all know what a clown this guy is.

A majority of 8A opponents? Hmmm. LA is in 8A; Morgan Park might be, and I don't know about Notre Dame of Niles. But even if all three are 8A, that's only a third of our schedule -- hardly a majority.

But why stop here? You're falsely accusing us of playing one level down, while you guys are a predominant 6A team and you're actually playing in 3A. Tiny Tots, at best.

Any CCL team playing in a bracket below 6A should petition up for next season or forfeit their self respect.

Imagine ball busting someone on scheduling and then ... oh, well, you all know what a clown this guy is.

A majority of 8A opponents? Hmmm. LA is in 8A; Morgan Park might be, and I don't know about Notre Dame of Niles. But even if all three are 8A, that's only a third of our schedule -- hardly a majority.

But why stop here? You're falsely accusing us of playing one level down, while you guys are a predominant 6A team and you're actually playing in 3A. Tiny Tots, at best.

Any CCL team playing in a bracket below 6A should petition up for next season or forfeit their self respect.
I’ll forfeit mine if you forfeit yours. Step up to the table gramps. Quit being a fromt runner…

Reactions: rjjtwest
Congrats to Loyola. I still think Loyola will have a much more difficult path to the 8a title than MC to the 7a title. 8a is absolutely loaded this year with a few borderline 7a teams bumped up to 8a. And it's all about state titles for these two teams.
Yeah it's a gauntlet in 8A but that OLine of LA is the best I've seen. They will play LWE for the Ship!! You heard it here first.

It’s LA by a mile in 8A. This D is even better than last years D which held their semi final and state opponents to 6pts total. This was the real state championship today. Now LA and MC are gonna roll in the public tournaments.

Just finished watching the game after attending yesterday afternoon. MC played a great game. Have to tip your hats to Loyola they came up with just about every big play necessary to win and that was the difference. Everyone knows Jordan is an aggressive coach who trusts his players to make big plays Loyola just came up with big stops time after time which is a credit to their kids and coaches. Jordan had his team in a position to tie it up late in the game as an MC fan you can’t ask for more. Everyone knows not many programs travel to wilmette and come away with a victory yet 2 in consecutive years. Marist pulled off that near impossible feat a few years back winning in Wilmette to get into the playoffs then knocking them off a few weeks later in the playoffs. Quite impressive.

Good luck to the fine people at Loyola the rest of the way and as always thank you for being such gracious hosts. Could not ask for a better game day atmosphere to watch 2 great programs play classic CCL Blue football. I just pray we get them on Dante next year.

It’s LA by a mile in 8A. This D is even better than last years D which held their semi final and state opponents to 6pts total. This was the real state championship today. Now LA and MC are gonna roll in the public tournaments.
You could be right but when LWE is on the other side you know they have more than a punchers chance. We’re not there yet so take one game at a time.

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
You could be right but when LWE is on the other side you know they have more than a punchers chance. We’re not there yet so take one game at a time.

And Warren, after starting out slowly, has been waking up. What say you, Micah? With a little luck, this could be the year.

Please name the five 8a teams that MC played this year. I'll help. Loyola. Maybe Notre Dame, but they didn't make the playoffs, so I'm not sure. THAT'S IT!!

Last edited:
Reactions: MC63 and McCaravan
When MC is stopped three times on fourth and forever, you have to wonder if it's the defense or the offense. Is it the personnel or the play-calling? I'd like to watch the game again.

Please do. Watch the MC stud RB get absolutely stood up on 4th and goal and then you can come back and give the LA D at least a few props. It was a great game by both teams. Best of luck to MC in the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT