ADVERTISEMENT

LA 23 MC 21 FINAL

4Afan

Sep 15, 2001
Great game to watch. I apologize to my neighbors if they heard me yelling because the announcers are incompetent and don't know how to count thinking LA had to run another play and then thinking they were going to get a penalty for the team coming on the field with time still left on the clock even though no one could stop the clock and LA wasn't going to run another play.

Reactions: doctor_d
Great game to watch. I apologize to my neighbors if they heard me yelling because the announcers are incompetent and don't know how to count thinking LA had to run another play and then thinking they were going to get a penalty for the team coming on the field with time still left on the clock even though no one could stop the clock and LA wasn't going to run another play.
Guess I win. Was going no sound. Who announced, Mcinerney?

I stand corrected. I really thought MC was unbeatable. That doesn’t bode well for us 8A teams this year.

Guess I win. Was going no sound. Who announced, Mcinerney?
yes. After the last MC timeout he was confused as to why LA was in victory formation and didn't think they'd be able to run out the clock even though it was obvious they could. Even after mentioning there was a 40 second play clock said they would need to snap the ball again when there was 30 seconds left. After that kneel down he said LA needed to get their team off the field because there was still time on the clock. The man has been around for a while you'd think he'd know these things.

yes. After the last MC timeout he was confused as to why LA was in victory formation and didn't think they'd be able to run out the clock even though it was obvious they could. Even after mentioning there was a 40 second play clock said they would need to snap the ball again when there was 30 seconds left. After that kneel down he said LA needed to get their team off the field because there was still time on the clock. The man has been around for a while you'd think he'd know these things.
Yeah he’s had a good career and all, but he’s pretty insufferable doing the state final games.

I stand corrected. I really thought MC was unbeatable. That doesn’t bode well for us 8A teams this year.
MS4EVER
It won’t be a cake walk for LA. MC is outstanding and have nothing to hang their head about. They will be primed for the 7A playoffs! I feel sorry for whoever is in their path!

Reactions: lookoutforliam
Congrats to Loyola. I still think Loyola will have a much more difficult path to the 8a title than MC to the 7a title. 8a is absolutely loaded this year with a few borderline 7a teams bumped up to 8a. And it's all about state titles for these two teams.

Yeah he’s had a good career and all, but he’s pretty insufferable doing the state final games.
He's terrible. Every game it's the same old "both teams are well coached" or "that's outstanding officiating" or something involving the catholic league. Time for some new blood to call the big games.
"

Reactions: doctor_d
He's terrible. Every game it's the same old "both teams are well coached" or "that's outstanding officiating" or something involving the catholic league. Time for some new blood to call the big games.
"
Today it was the wind that had him going from six to midnight. Every other play he had to say something about the wind.

I have had my issues with McInerney as a color-commentator through the years, but he deserves credit for understanding the High School game (sans the 40 second play clock issue today) and the limitations of kids out there giving it their all. He is a former High School coach that can relate to the game at this level.
Hub Arkush and other NFL or College "experts" that they have brought into the IHSA broadcasts have been downright awful relating to the realities of 15-18 year old kids playing the game. The guy from Central Illinois that is on the IHSA broadcast team is pretty good.

I'm a huge fan of Jordan Lynch. But he was out coached today.
Not a fan (sideline antics against Naz), and he should get someone to manage the offense. Some of the decisions made me wonder if the MC offensive coaching staff was drinking with @DeanOfSelection prior to the game…

Reactions: WIU78
Not a fan (sideline antics against Naz), and he should get someone to manage the offense. Some of the decisions made me wonder if the MC offensive coaching staff was drinking with @DeanOfSelection prior to the game…

When it comes to drinking I recommend Svedka vodka mixed with sugar free Red Bull!!💪

Svedka is filtered just as much as grey goose and belvidere but half the price genius, I would give a kidney to be 17 again though…
I enjoy Kettle One but hey everyone has their favorite. If it’s going in a Bloody Mary well cheap it fine. If it’s in a dirty martini well I want the good stuff! Hahahaha

Your neighbors are complaing about your punctuation tendencies.

Reactions: rjjtwest
I love his aggressive coaaching - we might lose once every couple of years, but we win a heck of a lot more.

I hate field goals. Why bother watching the game.
Imagine ball busting someone on punctuation and destroying every sentence in a short post with a mistake. 🤣🤦‍♂️🤡

I love his aggressive coaaching - we might lose once every couple of years, but we win a heck of a lot more.

I hate field goals. Why bother watching the game.
MC63
Field goals are a part of the game. If you don’t understand that well then you will eventually lose a game. If you have a good kicker a good coach will realize they have a talent/weapon on the team that can help them win a close game. If it’s early in the game the coach has to use strategy so not to regret leaving the talent on the bench. Again it’s a part of the game and always has been. Like it or not the coach made a decision that cost his team the game. It is what it is, it happens and the coach/MC will learn from it. Good luck in the playoffs. I am positive that MC will come back stronger than ever!

Reactions: laramie_amgd
Minnesota really liked field goals, and invalid fair catch signals, against Iowa today
That illegal fair catch rule was a new one for me. So you can't waive your team off and then advance the ball? That can't be accurate.

That illegal fair catch rule was a new one for me. So you can't waive your team off and then advance the ball? That can't be accurate.
It looked like he was waiving his teammates off with right hand and doing some other motion with the left. Did not seem to impact the gopher defenders at all and no one from Minnesota was complaining. Never seen it before. Truly baffling decision from the replay officials.

Reactions: 4Afan
I think the decision to not review the spot at the end of the houston vs texas game might have been worse. They review EVERYTHING these days
That's what I was saying! Texas had an injury time out and they took time to measure. How was that not enough time to decide that spot needed to be reviewed?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT