ADVERTISEMENT

Your teams returning starters

TPF523

Sep 8, 2014
Curious how everyone will look in '17, what is your school returning next year?

Fenwick Offense:
WR #3 Mike O'Laughlin 6'5" 2017 2018
LG #73 Austin Glazier 6'6" 285 2018

Fenwick Defense
DE #45 Jacob Kaminski 6'3" 202 2020
LB #2 Jason Ivery 6'0" 175 2018
LB #27 Joseph Rafferty 5'6" 160 2018
CB #5 Lorenzano Blakeney 6'0" 170 2018
FS #4 Lorente Blakeney 6'0" 170 2018

The defense will have to carry Fenwick next year, at least early on while they break in a Soph QB. Fenwick loses a lot of offense but their 2 returners are among the best in the state at their position. It's no secret that Fenwick will struggle at times next year but the program is on the upswing and personally I expect a changing of the guard (if you can say that about a new conference) at the top of the CCL green in the future.

I had to double check a few times. 18 returning starters I think

Naz
QB Zach Stevens SR 6'2" 182 OR Bobby Grimes SR 6'0" 155
RB Devin Blakely JR 5'9" 185
WR Josh Oglesby SR 5'10" 185
WR Michael Love JR 5'8" 155
WR Diamond Evans JR 5'9" 174
WR David Oglesby JR 5'10" 180
OL Mike Rotolo SR 5'11" 2"5
OL Gavin Smith SR 6'1" 240
OL Louie Stec JR 6'2" 230
OL Elijah Mocsinski JR 6'5" 310
DL Isaiah Lee SR 6'2" 270
DL Cam Leach JR 6'1" 260
DL Marcus Griffin SO 5'9" 205
LB Austin Reifsteck SR 6'0" 222
LB Wes Lones SR 6'2" 205
DB Michael Love JR 5'8" 155
DB Devin Blakely JR 5'9" 165
DB Jermaine Baker JR 6'2" 205

Reactions: dtlove3434
Wow, Fenwick only returns 7 starters?
That seems like an awfully low number.
Obviously the program has been on a big upswing the past few years, but that must have really been a senior dominated team last year.

Wow, Fenwick only returns 7 starters?
That seems like an awfully low number.
Obviously the program has been on a big upswing the past few years, but that must have really been a senior dominated team last year.
It was a great group of seniors for sure but with O'Laughlin, Glazier, the Blakeneys and a future superstar in Kaminski there is some star power coming back. There will be some growing pains but the Green isn't exactly a juggernaut, Fenwick's program will continue to grow stronger.

I had to double check a few times. 18 returning starters I think

Naz
QB Zach Stevens SR 6'2" 182 OR Bobby Grimes SR 6'0" 155
RB Devin Blakely JR 5'9" 185
WR Josh Oglesby SR 5'10" 185
WR Michael Love JR 5'8" 155
WR Diamond Evans JR 5'9" 174
WR David Oglesby JR 5'10" 180
OL Mike Rotolo SR 5'11" 2"5
OL Gavin Smith SR 6'1" 240
OL Louie Stec JR 6'2" 230
OL Elijah Mocsinski JR 6'5" 310
DL Isaiah Lee SR 6'2" 270
DL Cam Leach JR 6'1" 260
DL Marcus Griffin SO 5'9" 205
LB Austin Reifsteck SR 6'0" 222
LB Wes Lones SR 6'2" 205
DB Michael Love JR 5'8" 155
DB Devin Blakely JR 5'9" 165
DB Jermaine Baker JR 6'2" 205
Wow

Reactions: dtlove3434
Naz v PRidge in 6A?
Naz should be very good next year but Prairie Ridge is a horrible matchup for them. Racki is a tremendous defensive mind but every coach has a weakness and for him it's defending option teams. Naz's ultra athletic and aggressive defenses have never done well against option teams. PR is probably the best I've seen at executing it basically at the 2003 Carmel level. (I think that's the year)

Last edited:
Mt. Carmel
QB- Thomas
RB- Nakos
WR/TE- Billingsley
OL- Cooper
DL- Acklin
DL- Barbosa
LB- Rogers
LB- Taylor
DB- McGee
DB- Walker
LB's Valenti and Walsh got lots of playing time. MC always will have linemen but losing Brown to IMG will sting, him and Cooper side by side would have been the best tandom in the state. And if Griffith stayed? With McGee across from him? Game over.

Reactions: Bowie50
Naz should be very good next year but Prairie Ridge is a horrible matchup for them. Racki is a tremendous defensive mind but every coach has a weakness and for him it's defending option teams. Naz's ultra athletic and aggressive defenses have never done well against option teams. PR is probably the best I've seen at executing it basically at the 2003 Carmel level. (I think that's the year)

All.... One really never knows (until qualifying teams are announced) but the odds of this matchup happening is very good but not in the final. For the playoffs in 6A there are two brackets of 16. For the most part done north and south. While some "northern" teams do drop down into the southern bracket it looks like the Wolves and Roadrunners would stay north. Ratsy

All.... One really never knows (until qualifying teams are announced) but the odds of this matchup happening is very good but not in the final. For the playoffs in 6A there are two brackets of 16. For the most part done north and south. While some "northern" teams do drop down into the southern bracket it looks like the Wolves and Roadrunners would stay north. Ratsy
Naz was the furthest south north team in 2014 6a bracket so theres a chance.

De La Salle
QB Simental
RB Mosley
OL Boehm
OL Coates
OL Clark
WR Ramundo
WR Perkins
DB Russell
DB Perkins
LB Bonds
LB Guttillo
LB Coleman
DL Boehm
DL Simmons
DL Caldwell

Transfer from Brother Rice Manny Moreno
and a very talented Sophomore Group, the key is to stay healthy or could have a very similar year as 2016

Dub V (Waubonsie) has 12-13 returning starters (maybe a couple more depending on how you look at it with injuries etc). Most of the offensive skills and defensive back seven return with a couple lineman retuning also,.... but will need to reload a bit on Oline and Dline as that's where most of the graduation hit took place. Am hearing a handful of guys may see some time on both sides of the ball (assuming WV doesn't get a ton of transfers in or new guys coming out for footballl). Basically taking a page out of the main south blueprint which would be fantastic and make them even more competitive since GBN, NV and others were doing that even last year.

Last edited:
MS4ever, I believe MS has 6 (RB,2WR, NG, FS, OLB) not 3. If you count the kids who were starters and were lost to injury.

MS4ever, I believe MS has 6 (RB,2WR, NG, FS, OLB) not 3. If you count the kids who were starters and were lost to injury.
Okay you are correct. As long as the RB is back we should be okay! ;)

No, I was referring to Rory Hayes at the WR. I believe he was starting and playing great when he broke his ankle.
And Paulie as the FS

No, I was referring to Rory Hayes at the WR. I believe he was starting and playing great when he broke his ankle.
And Paulie as the FS

Fair enough I wasn't considering Paulie though he definitely played

Well, Naz might need to soak the field the night before. :rolleyes:

Naz is installing new turf this year. maybe they put a little extra slope on the east side.
If Naz were to get PR hopefully for Naz it would be at home. Grass, especially wet grass at PR has been somewhat of a horror show for the Roadrunners.

Montini has a few returning starters, some who started until injured during the season.

QBs - Norgle (injured)
Morrissey
OLB - Antonelli
OLB - Karczewski
MLB - Bruscianelli
SS - Orlando
DB - O'Connor
DB - Quaglia
P/K - Cooney
DL - Slater
OL - Jarvis
OL - Ciesla

I could be wrong but I believe that 4 or 5 of the players above will play both ways. Also some talented sophs who played some during Varsity games

RB - Bufkin
RB - Fendanzo
SB - Olsen
OL - McNicholas

Montini has a few returning starters, some who started until injured during the season.

QBs - Norgle (injured)
Morrissey
OLB - Antonelli
OLB - Karczewski
MLB - Bruscianelli
SS - Orlando
DB - O'Connor
DB - Quaglia
P/K - Cooney
DL - Slater
OL - Jarvis
OL - Ciesla

I could be wrong but I believe that 4 or 5 of the players above will play both ways. Also some talented sophs who played some during Varsity games

RB - Bufkin
RB - Fendanzo
SB - Olsen
OL - McNicholas

if im not mistaken Orlando played QB last year too. interesting Bronco might be 3 deep at QB next year. That defensive backfield will be fun to watch. looking forward to seeing Brusc, get bigger, faster and smarter.

Reactions: Gene K.
if im not mistaken Orlando played QB last year too. interesting Bronco might be 3 deep at QB next year. That defensive backfield will be fun to watch. looking forward to seeing Brusc, get bigger, faster and smarter.
He did play QB quite a bit and was used mainly as an option QB but made a big throw when it counted vs Mt. Carmel. Got good speed and moves. QB Norgle is accurate passing and can run very well too. He was hurt from before the first game with a bad right shoulder and then broke his thumb on his passing hand in the 1st or second game of the season. QB Morrissey also played well but is not the running threat that Orlando or Norgle are. It will be interesting to see who wins the starting job or if they will split time at the position.

The defensive backfield will be solid with very good speed and with all the returning starting linebackers the defense should be better than last year. Bruscianelli was very good last year as a soph and IMO will be even better this year. He has the skills to be all state IMO if not this year then next year for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wassup13
Gene,

Almost had a dream team group of linebackers for this year (Bruscianelli. Antoniou and Dominiak) with my thinking Karczewski needed more on offense. Would be fun to see all them together like Maduko/Sykes/Quick and Kapp/Embrey/Sheppard in previous years.

Did Brill start? and West & Ross likely added to the Soph list. B. Jackson should be on the line.

Wassup

Last edited:
Gene,

Almost had a dream team group of linebackers for this year (Bruscianelli. Antoniou and Dominiak) with my thinking Karczewski needed more on offense. Would be fun to see all them together like Maduko/Sykes/Quick and Kapp/Embrey/Sheppard in previous years.

Did Brill start? and West & Ross likely added to the Soph list. B. Jackson should be on the line.

Wassup
I hear Antoniou is supposed to be pretty good. Agree that Karczewski should be on offense mainly but I like his speed and ability to get to the QB on passing downs. Is Dominiak a soph? Antonelli played pretty well but wasn't used much till the end of the season after they finally started using #26 on offense. With Bruscianelli in the middle our linebackers should be the strength of the defense.

I don't think Brill started but did see some playing time. Liked what I seen last year with both sophs West and Ross as both are good athletes. Also liked Banks-Walls on offense and defense in the games I watched last season. B. Jackson is a big strong kid and for the life of me I could not understand why they didn't use him much last year. Played really well as a soph and not playing much last season could have hurt his development. He most like will be a starter but don't know whether offense or defense or both. Hoping Slater put on some weight this year.

WWS returns 9 starters 2 kids that played a lot and get back a really good kid that missed all of last year due to injury.

The coaching staff was new last year and it showed but they adjusted things philosophy wise as the year went on and made big improvements so if that continues this year they should be alright.

I Is Dominiak a soph?

Dominiak is a senior next year at Waubonsie Valley. He plays linebacker and one of the top LB's in the state. He was part of Montini's 2018 class until he transferred to WV. He was probably one of the top players from Montini's 2018 class and he wants to play linebacker for the University of Wisconsin.

I also like Banks-Wall, Stokes and Slater. Hope all of them can put on some pounds and add muscle because these guys are great athletes.

Do you think the linebackers will be Bruscianelli/Piper/Karczewski/Antonelli/Ross? I have not seen much of Antonelli to give my thoughts on him. I saw Montini play Ross at MLB in a soph game at the end of the season and he was a monster.

Wassup

Last edited:
Yeah that was about the state of the Prairie Ridge field in 2011. Funny I don't think it rained all week in either situation! Rather interesting how things can come full circle.

It was well-documented on this site that it poured in LGP the night before the Carmel game. I striped the field that morning and it was soaked.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT