ADVERTISEMENT

Your teams returning starters

It was well-documented on this site that it poured in LGP the night before the Carmel game. I striped the field that morning and it was soaked.
It only rained on one side of the field? Talk about isolated thunderstorms. Naz soaked the Carmel sidelines, whether it was on purpose or by accident is the questions but they definitely soaked the Carmel side of the field. Conversely in 2011 Prairie Ridge soaked the field vs Naz.

Dominiak is a senior next year at Waubonsie Valley. He plays linebacker and one of the top LB's in the state. He was part of Montini's 2018 class until he transferred to WV. He was probably one of the top players from Montini's 2018 class and he wants to play linebacker for the University of Wisconsin.

I also like Banks-Wall, Stokes and Slater. Hope all of them can put on some pounds and add muscle because these guys are great athletes.

Do you think the linebackers will be Bruscianelli/Piper/Karczewski/Antonelli/Ross? I have not seen much of Antonelli to give my thoughts on him. I saw Montini play Ross at MLB in a soph game at the end of the season and he was a monster.

Wassup

Too bad Dominiak left Montini as he sounds like a top linebacker. Don't know much about Piper other than Edgy has him as a player to watch at wide receiver.

I believe the linebackers will be Bruscianelli, Antoniou and Karczewski who at times will be replaced by Ross/Antonellli/Banks-Walls. Don't know much about Antoniou although I did see something on him on the board. I agree Ross is a very good athlete with some good size. Wouldn't be surprised to see him as the main backup linebacker or even start if Karczewski is needed more on offense and doesn't go both ways. Antonelli has pretty good speed but needs to bulk up this off season but can make the plays needed.

The soph games I seen last year had a ton of good players on both offense and defense so it would not be a shock if some of them started this year.

Montini has a few returning starters, some who started until injured during the season.

QBs - Norgle (injured)
Morrissey
OLB - Antonelli
OLB - Karczewski
MLB - Bruscianelli
SS - Orlando
DB - O'Connor
DB - Quaglia
P/K - Cooney
DL - Slater
OL - Jarvis
OL - Ciesla

I could be wrong but I believe that 4 or 5 of the players above will play both ways. Also some talented sophs who played some during Varsity games

RB - Bufkin
RB - Fendanzo
SB - Olsen
OL - McNicholas
Looks like a great list of delis and pubs.

Too bad Dominiak left Montini as he sounds like a top linebacker. Don't know much about Piper other than Edgy has him as a player to watch at wide receiver.

I believe the linebackers will be Bruscianelli, Antoniou and Karczewski who at times will be replaced by Ross/Antonellli/Banks-Walls. Don't know much about Antoniou although I did see something on him on the board. I agree Ross is a very good athlete with some good size. Wouldn't be surprised to see him as the main backup linebacker or even start if Karczewski is needed more on offense and doesn't go both ways. Antonelli has pretty good speed but needs to bulk up this off season but can make the plays needed.

The soph games I seen last year had a ton of good players on both offense and defense so it would not be a shock if some of them started this year.

Antoniou was at Montini for about 3 days. He transferred to IMG.

Conversely in 2011 Prairie Ridge soaked the field vs Naz.

Naz lost 35-7

OMG-Facepalm-GIF.gif

yeah....could have been the soaked field.

dis3.gif

said, no. Implied? Yes.
Incorrect, I don't care one bit about the outcome of that game, or the Naz-Carmel game. I was merely discussing Naz's struggles on grass and even more so on wet grass. No one is trying to take anything away from PR. That was a hell of a team that absolutely earned and deserved that state title but they soaked the hell out of that field.

Incorrect, I don't care one bit about the outcome of that game, or the Naz-Carmel game. I was merely discussing Naz's struggles on grass and even more so on wet grass. No one is trying to take anything away from PR. That was a hell of a team that absolutely earned and deserved that state title but they soaked the hell out of that field.

No, you are incorrect and I not even a PR guy.

You confuse me, you don't care about the outcome of either game, yet you believe...or want to point... out a Fox Valley team "soaked" the field to prepare/beat Naz? But you're not making excuses, nor taking anything away from PR...nor do you care about the outcome?
Louis-CK-Scratches-His-Head.gif

I wasn't at the Naz-Carmel game, but I was at the PR game in 2011. It was a surprising warm day in November, so the ground may have been soft....but wet? Let's look back...to prove my point...

blog_003.jpg

The field does not look "soaked", nor wet...nor did the white Naz jersey's look dirty for playing that soaked muddy field...

chi_e_nazareth_b1_300.jpg

How can that be?

Was informed that Antoniou is no longer at Montini. Shows how much I know. Given that fact IMO the starting linebackers will be Bruscianelli, Karczewski, and either Antonelli or Ross. There is also Vosicky who played sparingly at linebacker last year but started as a frosh and soph. With Banks-Walls that is a pretty good linebacker crew. IMO #26 will play both ways as he did his frosh and soph years. Always fun to speculate as to the upcoming season and I am excited about this years team. A lot of seniors to be with a ton of playing time at the varsity level. If everyone stays healthy (unlike last year) we should be half way decent.

No, you are incorrect and I not even a PR guy.

You confuse me, you don't care about the outcome of either game, yet you believe...or want to point... out a Fox Valley team "soaked" the field to prepare/beat Naz? But you're not making excuses, nor taking anything away from PR...nor do you care about the outcome?
Louis-CK-Scratches-His-Head.gif

I wasn't at the Naz-Carmel game, but I was at the PR game in 2011. It was a surprising warm day in November, so the ground may have been soft....but wet? Let's look back...to prove my point...

blog_003.jpg

The field does not look "soaked", nor wet...nor did the white Naz jersey's look dirty for playing that soaked muddy field...

chi_e_nazareth_b1_300.jpg

How can that be?

I was at the game as well. Walked from the top of the hill down to the sidelines with the wonderful visitors stands. Top of the hill was bone dry and the bottom of the hill was heavily saturated. Ask any Naz person that actually walked on the field (remember they were all field level). Again no where did I say it made any difference in the outcome, because once again I don't care one bit. Your pictures are completely meaningless without context, no way of knowing when they were taken and the angle doesn't allow you to determine if the field is wet. Part of being the home team is playing under your conditions PR won under the exact same conditions so I'm not sure what you're so butt hurt about.

@godfthr53 & @epicbret mot that it matters at all and outcome aside was the field wet or nah? I know you were both in attendance.

I was at the game as well. Walked from the top of the hill down to the sidelines with the wonderful visitors stands. Top of the hill was bone dry and the bottom of the hill was heavily saturated. Ask any Naz person that actually walked on the field (remember they were all field level). Again no where did I say it made any difference in the outcome, because once again I don't care one bit. Your pictures are completely meaningless without context, no way of knowing when they were taken and the angle doesn't allow you to determine if the field is wet. Part of being the home team is playing under your conditions PR won under the exact same conditions so I'm not sure what you're so butt hurt about.

@godfthr53 & @epicbret mot that it matters at all and outcome aside was the field wet or nah? I know you were both in attendance.

...the bottom of the "hill" isn't even on the field, not to mention there is a track between that area and the field. So if they watered the field like you claim, why would that area be even be wet? I'm sure your Naz buddies can tell me.
062716_tinfoil_med_q1w5xf7p.gif

Pictures meaningless with out context?

Both pictures I posted, you don't see wet uniforms, nor muddy uniforms. How would that happen if the field was in the condition you state?
Not only do those pictures show the field wasn't watered down, there's no "splashing" or water in either picture...so unless they all decided to fall on only dry spots on the field and run away from water to prove my point..I'm not seeing it. Nor did I see it that day.

Now, feel free to post anything other than your opinion to support your claim.

cause no matter what "angle" the pictures were taken ...you are wrong. You really going to try to claim it matters when the picture was taken? Both teams warm up on the field prior to the game. They'd be muddy from that alone....if the conditions were as you described.

Now be a good catholic, confess you were wrong and move on.

...the bottom of the "hill" isn't even on the field, not to mention there is a track between that area and the field. So if they watered the field like you claim, why would that area be even be wet? I'm sure your Naz buddies can tell me.
062716_tinfoil_med_q1w5xf7p.gif

Pictures meaningless with out context?

Both pictures I posted, you don't see wet uniforms, nor muddy uniforms. How would that happen if the field was in the condition you state?
Not only do those pictures show the field wasn't watered down, there's no "splashing" or water in either picture...so unless they all decided to fall on only dry spots on the field and run away from water to prove my point..I'm not seeing it. Nor did I see it that day.

Now, feel free to post anything other than your opinion to support your claim.

cause no matter what "angle" the pictures were taken ...you are wrong. You really going to try to claim it matters when the picture was taken? Both teams warm up on the field prior to the game. They'd be muddy from that alone....if the conditions were as you described.

Now be a good catholic, confess you were wrong and move on.
Explain to me how a kid in the early first quarter would be muddy. Hence "context". Mud doesn't have to go hand in hand with wet grass. The field was in pretty good shape, I remember my visit quite well. It was decent temperature wise but there was a howling wind. Like I said I walked down the hill behind the end zone, around the track toward the visitors "stands" many of the Naz parents were commenting on the grass so we walked on that little patch behind the end zone in between the track and the field. That was the topic of Naz people for months. Pictures floated around that I may be able to still get my hands on. There were a lot of factors In that game but grass wasn't one of them. Naz lost to the best team in 6a, not once did I refute the result, projected result etc. i never said Naz would have won or PR cheated or anything remotely close to that narrative. If you want to argue all day that's fine but what's your point? The recollection of the Naz side vs yours? Who cares? I vividly remember the field being wet, you don't that's basically the end of the conversation no? Actually as I type this I realize I've wasted too much time at my kids game on this message so feel free to continue but I'm done with this conversation. Go Fenwick, beat St Joe's!

Last edited:
Explain to me how a kid in the early first quarter would be muddy. Hence "context". Mud doesn't have to go hand in hand with wet grass. The field was in pretty good shape, I remember my visit quite well. It was decent temperature wise but there was a howling wind. Like I said I walked down the hill behind the end zone, around the track toward the visitors "stands" many of the Naz parents were commenting on the grass so we walked on that little patch behind the end zone in between the track and the field. That was the topic of Naz people for months. Pictures floated around that I may be able to still get my hands on. There were a lot of factors In that game but grass wasn't one of them. Naz lost to the best team in 6a, not once did I refute the result, projected result etc. i never said Naz would have won or PR cheated or anything remotely close to that narrative. If you want to argue all day that's fine but what's your point? The recollection of the Naz side vs yours? Who cares? I vividly remember the field being wet, you don't that's basically the end of the conversation no? Actually as I type this I realize I've wasted too much time at my kids game on this message so feel free to continue but I'm done with this conversation. Go Fenwick, beat St Joe's!

"i never said Naz would have won or PR cheated or anything remotely close to that narrative."

Soaking the field would be cheating, or a team thinking they needed an advantage.

You stated PR soaked the field, a soaked field would yield mud? If those pictures were from the 1st quarter (which I'm not sure when they were taken) wasn't NAZ on the field warming up an hour prior to the game? No stretching, didn't run plays on that soaked field? You'd expect them to be dirty atleast, right? Pictures, if from the first quarter, why isn't there water flying from their shoes or splashing from the tackle or linemen blocking?

But whatever, my point IS you are wrong. Just because some of your fans got their feet wet walking outside the field does not mean a team watered down their field to play you. You didn't think it was right when the Carmel crew stated you did it to them, but your fine stating it happened right back to you.

"i never said Naz would have won or PR cheated or anything remotely close to that narrative."

Soaking the field would be cheating, or a team thinking they needed an advantage.

You stated PR soaked the field, a soaked field would yield mud? If those pictures were from the 1st quarter (which I'm not sure when they were taken) wasn't NAZ on the field warming up an hour prior to the game? No stretching, didn't run plays on that soaked field? You'd expect them to be dirty atleast, right? Pictures, if from the first quarter, why isn't there water flying from their shoes or splashing from the tackle or linemen blocking?

But whatever, my point IS you are wrong. Just because some of your fans got their feet wet walking outside the field does not mean a team watered down their field to play you. You didn't think it was right when the Carmel crew stated you did it to them, but your fine stating it happened right back to you.

Didn't care when Naz did it to Carmel. I was NOT at that game but I very much believe that's exactly what happened and I couldn't care less. Funny because that was denied vehemently by Naz fans at the time too. It is what it is, we won't agree, maybe I am wrong but there is something you're wrong about too. I'm not belittling PR in any way, not saying they cheated or won because of it. I'm not a Naz guy, I obviously root for them and have lots of friends over there but i don't lose any sleep over their losses, especially 6 year old losses. That PR team was really good, by far the better team on that questionably dry field. Lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT